Wound measurement devices are used to measure the surface of a wound and provide a clear, visual picture of a how wounds appear without and with the use of a camera. Wound measurement devices are used to determine the length, depth, and width of a wound surface. Wound measurement devices are available in the market in a variety of materials such a plastic, metal, paper and others. Features such as, easy to use, permanent documentation of patient’s wound and single-patient-use prevents contamination and ultimately boosts the demand of wound measurement devices considerably across the globe. There are digital wound measurement devices available nowadays in the market. These devices are used to measure the wounds in three dimensions with electronic medical measurement. This provides accurate results over conventional wound measurement devices.
These devices play an important role in the documentation of progression and regression of wounds by accurate and repeatable measurement of wound size over the course of the healing process. One of the major factors that boost the demand for wound measurement devices is the increasing cases of chronic wounds and acute wounds. Another factor that helps to drive the growth of market of wound measurement devices is increasing patients of diabetic ulcers and arterial ulcers. Improving health care facilities in hospitals, clinics, community centers and in government civil hospitals also results in high demand of wound measurement devices which ultimately supports the growth of wound measurement devices in the market across the globe.
Manufacturers are Focusing on Constant Upgradation of Wound Measurement Devices
An increasing proportion of aging people with arterial ulcers is also one of the factors boosting the demand for wound measurement devices in the market across the globe. Patients of diabetes with chronic wounds require high precaution and preventive care as these these wounds can take almost more than three months to recover. Due to these factors, digital wound measurement devices are gaining traction. Another factor boosting the demand for wound measurement devices is constant up gradation of wound measurement devices in the market as different types of wounds need treatment and assessment.
For example, ARANZ Medical Limited (one of the manufacturers of wound measurement devices) launched portable digitizer for wound monitoring.
These wound measurement devices are upgraded with features such as custom-designed camera that captures the wound image and built the information into an electronic patient record for printing, electronic distribution and archiving. Its wireless operation makes it handy to operators in hospitals.
On the other hand, less adaptation of new digital wound measurement devices in some regions is one of the restraints for the wound measurement devices market.
Wound Measurement Devices Market: Competition Landscape
Prominent players in Wound measurement devices are Hitachi Healthcare Americas, Medline Industries Inc., DERMA SCIENCES, Smith and Nephew, WOUNDVISION, ARANZ Medical Limited, and WoundMatrix Inc.
Wound Measurement Devices Market: Regional Overview
On the basis of geography, North America and Europe are anticipated to capture the substantial market in terms of value in the wound measurement devices market. Increasing diabetic patients with chronic wounds are one of the factors in the North America region that helps to grow the wound measurement devices market significantly. Expanding healthcare facilities in the APEJ region Especially in China and India boost the wound measurement devices market considerably. As per FMI analysis, wound measurement devices market is expected to witness one digit CAGR growth. Wound measurement devices market in MEA region is expected to witness growth at moderate level.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Wound Measurement Devices Market Segments
- Wound Measurement Devices Market Dynamics
- Wound Measurement Devices Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges in Fatigue Testing Machine Market
- Competition & Companies Involved in Fatigue Testing Machine Market
- Fatigue Testing Machine Market Value Chain
- Fatigue Testing Machine Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Rest of LATAM)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX, Eastern Europe, Rest of Europe)
- CIS & Russia
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan ( Greater China, India, South Korea, ASEAN Countries, Rest of APEJ)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Iran, Israel, S. Africa, Rest of MEA)
Wound Measurement Devices Market: Segmentation
On the Basis of wound type, Wound Measurement Devices are segmented into:
- Chronic Wounds
- Acute Wounds
On the basis of product type, Wound Measurement Devices are segmented into:
- Contact wound measurement Devices
- Non-Contact wound measurement Devices
On the basis of End Use, wound measurement Devices are segmented into:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.