Increasing penetration of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) in mid-range passenger vehicles is fostering the demand for ADAS calibration services. This will remain the key factor fueling the growth of ADAS calibration equipment market.
As suggested by a research report released by Future Market Insights (FMI), the ADAS calibration equipment market will see rapid growth at a CAGR of over 12% during the forecast period (2019 - 2029). Key factor enabling the growth of ADAS calibration equipment market is the growing adoption of active as well as passive vehicle safety technologies across all vehicle types.
Key Takeaways - ADAS Calibration Equipment Market Study
- Despite proven benefits of ADAS on vehicle safety, the deployment of ADAS is still relatively low, leaving a lot of room for aftermarket fitment. Lane departure warning systems, collision avoidance, and park assistance are a few ADAS features that have witnessed high fitment rate in the aftermarket as well. ADAS fitment necessarily requires calibration. This, in turn, is increasing the requirement of ADAS calibration equipment from independent garages and workshops.
- Few ADAS such as ABS, electronic stability control, autonomous emergency braking system, lane departure warning, and adaptive control need to be mandatorily installed in vehicles in some developed countries and will be mandatory in few developing countries in the coming years. With the installation of ADAS in mid-range vehicles as well, the demand for ADAS calibration equipment is estimated to witness high growth from OEMs as well as service providers.
- ADAS recalibration services are necessary post windshield replacement, collision repair, airbag deployment, suspension repair, front end alignment, change in tires or ride height, replacement of a faulty camera, replacement of the vehicle’s engine control module or powertrain control module, or engine control unit.
- Various aftermarket participants such as dealers, automotive glass providers, mechanical repair shops, and other independent service providers are establishing centers in order to conduct ADAS calibrations. Above mentioned factor is estimated to drive the demand for ADAS calibration equipment.
- In the present scenario, on an average, nearly 60 to 80 sensors are installed in a vehicle. This number is estimated to reach nearly 200 sensors per vehicle in the near future, owing to vehicles getting smarter. Germany, the U.S., Canada, Italy, France, the U.K. and Spain are among the countries with maximum number of sensors installed per vehicle. Thus, Europe, followed by North America, is anticipated to dominate the global ADAS calibration equipment market.
To incorporate smart traffic management systems in urban areas, it is necessary that vehicles running on roads install enhanced and smart features such as ADAS. Thus, ongoing efforts towards better traffic management are expected to create more demand for ADAS calibration equipment.
Who Is Winning?
The ADAS calibration equipment market is highly consolidated, and key manufacturers such as Robert Bosch GmbH, HELLA GmbH & Co. KGaA, Mahle GmbH, and TEXA S.p.A., account for more than three fourth of the overall market share. In the current scenario, majority of the players are present in Europe because of increasing popularity of ADAS-equipped cars in the region.
For More Detailed Insights on ADAS Calibration Equipment Market
Bottom-line: Passenger Vehicles to Lead Demand
Increasing penetration of ADAS in passenger vehicles is being witnessed, owing to rising implementation of regulations pertaining to safety across various countries. Moreover, ADAS sensors require regular calibration at the time of vehicle repairing or windshield replacement. The passenger vehicle segment is projected to be most lucrative and equipment geared towards passenger cars can provide a competitive edge to market players.
Find More About the Report
The research report analyzes the total sales of ADAS calibration equipment on the basis of volume (units) and value (US$ Mn). The performance of ADAS calibration equipment market is projected on the basis of factors such as automobile industry forecast, commercial vehicle and passenger car sales, automotive aftermarket, sales of ADAS sensors, and safety regulations in various regions. Also, the report includes a competition analysis section that includes tier structure analysis, market structure analysis, competition development, and other crucial information of ADAS calibration equipment manufacturers.
For more information, write to the analyst at [email protected]
About Testing Equipment division of FMI
The Testing Equipment division of FMI is a specialized department catering to unique requirements in the industry. Exclusive coverage of the testing equipment market includes valuable information on regular, compliance, destructive, and non-destructive testing services and associated equipment. The team also executes several complex projects pertaining to the area of manufacturing and process industries, research and academia, testing and certification institutions, government agencies dealing into scientific and environmental research, and defense organizations. Our research studies are trusted and widely referred by stakeholders for gaining insights and developing cutting edge strategies.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in London, the global financial capital, and has delivery centres in the U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and take critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously track emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.