Sales of Aircraft Ground Support Equipment to Reach US$ 14 Bn by 2027, Supported by Increase in Passenger Traffic
Emerging and developing markets in the Asia Pacific region witnessed the highest number of passengers travelling through airports in 2018, attributable to the growing tourism and commerce in this region. Passenger traffic has continued to be resilient, registering annual growth rates above historical averages, supported by the reduced price of travel and increase in the middle-class population in the developing markets. The rise in passenger traffic contributes significantly to the growth of the aircraft ground support equipment market.
Aircraft Ground Support Equipment Market
The research report by Future Market Insights (FMI) on the global aircraft ground support ...
On the back of these factors, the aircraft ground support equipment market is estimated to exhibit a CAGR of 6% during the forecast period of 2019-2027.
“After sales support and maintenance of spare parts of aircraft ground support equipment is anticipated to play a vital role to ensure efficient working, as the overall replacement cost of the equipment is anticipated to remain very high. Manufacturers can focus on providing after sales support services in order to maintain long term relationships with end users, and to gain substantial profits,” says an FMI analyst.
Key Takeaways of Aircraft Ground Support Equipment Market Study
- Substantial changes in the aircraft ground support equipment have been witnessed with focus on the fuel consumption, safety, and comfort. Few of these changes comprise the reduction of the fuel consumption and emissions on the ground, loading, and unloading of passengers, freight, and luggage. Furthermore, the rising demand for more efficient and effective infrastructure aircraft ground support equipment to support the overall management of the operations, apart from loading and unloading, is expected to propel growth of the market.
- Increase in cargo shipments due to JIT (Just in Time) inventory strategy adopted by most of the industry players has also increased e-Commerce sales. Aircraft ground support equipment facilities are used to meet the rising demand for faster and more effective cargo shipment globally. This is anticipated to be the driving force for the growth of the aircraft ground support equipment market in the foreseeable future.
- Manufacturers of electric aircraft ground support equipment are anticipated to benefit from fuel diversification, as manufacturers of conventional aircraft ground support equipment are extremely exposed to price volatility of petroleum. Low-end torque with start/stops is another factor that contributes to the growing demand for aircraft ground support equipment.
- By equipment type, the aircraft service segment is anticipated to remain dominant in the aircraft ground support equipment market, followed by cargo loading and passenger services. The aircraft service segment is also anticipated to register relatively high growth, supported by the rising demand for refuelers and air start units during the forecast period.
- North America is anticipated to be the major contributor to the growth of global aircraft ground support equipment market, on the back of the improved production capabilities and capacities of manufacturers in this region. Growing adoption of electric and hybrid vehicles boosts the development of the electric aircraft ground support equipment market.
Aircraft Ground Support Equipment Market: Participant Insights
Tier-I players, including JBGT Corporation, Air T, Inc., Textron, Inc., China International Marine Containers (Group) Co., Ltd., and Weihai Guangtai Airport Equipment Co., Ltd., are anticipated to account for ~21% of the market share. Tier-II players are estimated to account for ~48% of the total market share and include Cavotec SA, ALVEST Group, Mulag Fahrzeugwerk Heinz Wössner GmbH u. Co. KG, Tronair, Inc., and Lektro Inc.
The rise in demand for travel in the Asia Pacific region is anticipated to influence players to gradually improve their presence in this region, especially in India.
Aircraft Ground Support Equipment Market: Future Outlook
Augmented incline towards electric ground support equipment along with advanced features for supporting numerous functions are anticipated to continue to be the prime driver for the growth of the aircraft ground support equipment market. Manufacturers strive to make further high-quality lightweight equipment, with a focus on long-term contracts with OEMs to supply batteries as per requirements.
About Industrial Automation Division at Future Market Insights
The Industrial Automation & Equipment division at FMI adopts a novel approach and innovative perspective in analyzing the global machinery and industrial automation market. A range of FMI’s market research reports offer comprehensive coverage of capital, portable, process, construction, industrial, and special purpose machinery used across manufacturing sector. The team also conducts distinctive analysis about installed base, consumables, replacement, and USP-feature application matrix, making us a prominent voice of authority in the industry. We are associates of choice for established as well as budding industry
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, and has delivery centers in the UK, U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
- Global Conveyor Systems Market
- Global Lead Acid Battery Market
- Global Magnetic Separator Market
- Produced Water Treatment Market
- Global Variable Frequency Drives Market
- Global Pharmacy Automation System Market
- Global Oil Gas Terminal Automation Market
- Switchgears Market
- Industrial Robotics Market
- Lead Acid Battery Market
- Heat Recovery Steam Generator Market
- Telecom Tower Power Systems Market
- Us Plastic To Fuel Market
- Heat Pumps Market
- Centrifugal Pumps Market