Automotive Appearance Chemicals Market to Cross US$ 40 Bn Mark in 2029; Impetus from Development of Low-cost and Eco-friendly Chemicals
Over the recent years, there has been an increase in the production of automobiles with steady growth in the automotive sector. In 2018, the global production of automotive vehicles registered a 3.8% Y-o-Y growth as compared to 2017, and global vehicle production in 2018 was pegged at 101.9 Mn units. Automotive appearance chemicals include products that elevate and enhance the aesthetics of an automotive. Products such as wax, polish, soaps, coatings, and windshield washer fluids are the major product types of the market. Automotive appearance chemicals play a major part in prolonging lifespan and enhancing aesthetics.
Automotive Appearance Chemicals Market
A recent market study published by FMI on the automotive appearance chemicals market inclu...
The global automotive appearance chemicals market is projected to exhibit a 4.6% CAGR during the forecast period (2019-2029).
“Regulations against petroleum products used for making waxes and coatings have shifted customer focus towards environment-friendly alternative approaches. Companies are utilizing chemicals derived from soybean and palm kernel oil derivatives for the development of eco-friendly car care products.”
Market Landscape Moving towards Fragmentation
Key Takeaways of Automotive Appearance Chemicals Study
- Aftermarket sales are expected to spearhead the automotive appearance chemicals market during the forecast period, owing to consumer preference for increasing the vehicle’s life span as well as elevating the aesthetic aspect of the vehicle.
- The coatings segment is expected to register healthy growth during the forecast period, owing to the trend of decorative coatings on automobiles.
- The OEMs segment is expected to witness steady growth, owing to the shift being witnessed in aftermarket activities in high-growth regions such as China and India.
- Europe and Asia Pacific are expected to dominate the global automotive appearance chemicals market, owing to increase in car sales as well as aftermarket activities.
- South Asia and East Asia are anticipated to witness healthy growth in the coming years, owing to increase in DIY-activities. Growing street service providers in China and South Korea is a major factor driving the sales of automotive appearance chemicals in these regions.
The automotive appearance chemicals market is highly consolidated, with the presence of a large number of market players in both, tier I and II brackets. Domestic players are expected to account for 45 - 55% share in the overall market. 3M, Albemarle Corporation, Asahi Glass Co. Ltd., LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V, Honeywell International Inc., Dow Chemical Company, Chemours Company, Solvay SA, BASF SE, etc., are some of the established manufacturers in the market. Tier I participants are anticipated to face strong competition from tier II & III players over the foreseeable future.
What Does the Future Hold?
In the coming years, with the growing purchasing power of customers in developing regions, demand for automotive appearance chemicals is also anticipated to grow. Moreover, cost-effective and environmentally-friendly characteristics will contribute heavily to the growth of the market. Demand for effective/protective coats and sustainable products from automotive and electrical & electronics industries is going to be the primary driving force of the automotive appearance chemicals market.
Want to Know More?
Future Market Insights has published a market research report on the automotive appearance chemicals market that contains global industry analysis for 2014–2018 and opportunity assessment for 2019–2029. The report provides insightful analysis of the automotive appearance chemicals market through four different segments - product type, vehicle type, sales channel, and region. The automotive appearance chemicals market report also provides the demand trends of different types across industry verticals, a comprehensive list of service providers in the market, various projects around the world, and a detailed overview of the parent market.
For additional information, write to the analyst at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Chemicals & Materials division of FMI
The Chemicals & Materials division at FMI offers distinct and pin-point analysis about the chemicals & materials industry. Coverage of the chemicals and materials market extends from commodity, bulk, specialty and petrochemicals to advanced materials, composites, and nanotechnology. The team also puts special emphasis on ‘green alternatives’, recycling and renewable technology developments, and supply-demand trade assessment. Our research studies are widely referred by chemical manufacturers, research institutions, channel partners, and government bodies for developing – ‘The Way Forward’.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, and has delivery centers in the UK, U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
- Apac Flexible Glass Market
- Global Biobased Biodegradable Plastics Market
- Global Bio Plastics Market
- Bric Automotive Plastics Market
- Europe Advanced Aerospace Coatings Market
- India Construction Chemical Market
- Global Biophotonics Market
- Global Antimicrobial Additives Market
- Firearm Lubricant Market
- Global Pearlescent Pigment Market
- Global Adsorbents Market
- Global Barite Market
- Global Polyvinyl Chloride Market
- Global Corrosion Protective Coatings Market
- Global Mining Flotation Chemicals Market