Smart Latch Systems Emerging as Bellwether in Automotive Door Latch Market, Says FMI
Significantly influenced by efforts of OEMs in development of smart latches that are IoT-integrated, the global market for automotive door latch will see a modest yet promising CAGR of 5% during 2019 – 2027. A recent study of Future Market Insights (FMI) suggests that the favorable policy framework related to vehicle and drivers’ safety and security will continue to influence the demand for automotive door latches in the near future.
Automotive Door Latch Market
The recent market study published by FMI on the automotive door latch market includes glob...
The automotive industry is nearing maturity and expects to witness a remarkable number of collaborative alliances and consolidations among OEMs in the automotive door latch market space. The report opines that mid-sized cars would be the highly profitable sector for investors in the automotive door latch landscape.
Key Takeaways – Automotive Door Latch Market Study
- Increasing sales of mid-sized cars, particularly in Asia Pacific, make it a potential segment for manufacturers specializing in compact designs of automotive door latches.
- Side door latch will continue to command a significant share in global automotive door latch market value through 2027.
- The mega trend of electrification in cars and the ability to remotely operate vehicles have necessitated door latch manufacturers toward offering and devising compatible products aligned to the aforementioned technological advancements.
- The market is witnessing a gradual shift from the installation of conventional latches to electronic or mobile app-based systems in premium and luxury cars.
- The introduction of tracking and alert systems using GPS and IoT-based hardware for the security of vehicles has proliferated new avenues for value chain participants in the global automotive door latch market.
- Owing to the negligible replacement rate of door latches in the aftermarket, winning OEM supply contracts holds the key for manufacturers to sustain and grow their market share.
- Adding enhanced security features is the key focal point of automotive door latch manufacturers to meet the unique requirements of autonomous vehicle manufacturers.
With overall safety of passengers being a paramount and drivers relying on secured door locking systems, door latches find a crucial place in automotive manufacturing. The inclusion of mobile connectivity and GPS tracking technologies in existing products is revolutionizing the automotive door latch space.
Know Who is Spearheading Automotive Door Latch Market
The global automotive door latch market is significantly consolidated, with the leading five players accounting for nearly one-half of the overall market size as of 2018. Key players in the market are focusing on developing latching systems based on smart technologies to retain their competitive edge in the landscape. Keikart AG, Aisin Seiki Co. Ltd., and STRATTEC are identified as prominent players in the global automotive door latch market. Market participants are keen on developing door latches with minimal mechanical intervention. Companies are focused on developing door latches that reduce vehicular weight and locking system complexity.
OEMs Engaged in Tough Competition
In the coming years, automotive door latches are expected to witness consistent demand. With the persistent trend of introducing smarter latches in door locking systems, OEMs are focused on keeping their product portfolios strong. East Asia, followed by Europe, remains the most crucial region in the automotive door latch market with a leading market share. With increasing demand from East Asia and South Asia, new entrants in the automotive door latch market are expected to find significant opportunities to invest in such target regions.
Sneak Peek into Report
The research scope of the global automotive door latch market has been primarily bifurcated into three segments: latch type, vehicle type, and function. The study provides an in-depth analysis of market sizing, forecasting, and market share analysis for automotive door latches. The report delivers a comprehensive assessment of the important dynamics of the automotive door latch market.
To know more about what the report covers, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Automotive & Transportation Domain at FMI
The Automotive and Transportation division of FMI provides exclusive coverage and actionable insights about the automotive and transportation industry, encompassing automotive, aviation, shipping and marine, and railway sector. Our incisive market findings and competitive intelligence about OEMs, aftermarket, services, and technology landscape have helped numerous industry stakeholders, right from automakers and component manufacturers, to channel partners and service providers, in taking informed decisions to stay relevant and prosper in this highly-competitive space.
About the Automotive Division of FMI
The automotive division of FMI offers a novel approach and innovative perspective in the analysis of the industrial automation market. Comprehensive coverage of capital, portable, process, construction, industrial, and special purpose machinery across the manufacturing sector and distinctive analysis about the installed base, consumables, replacement, USP-feature-application matrix make us a pioneering voice in the industry. We are preferred associates with established as well as budding industry stakeholders, and channel partners when it comes to sustaining, growing, and identifying new revenue prospects.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, and has delivery centers in the UK, U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
- Global Automotive Wiring Harness Market
- Global Hybrid Vehicles Market
- Asia Pacific Automotive Telematics Market
- Global Air Transport Mro Market
- Global Automotive Turbochargers Market
- Global Emission Control Catalyst Market
- Global Aircraft Cabin Interior Market
- Golf Cart Market
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems Market
- Compact Wheel Loaders Market
- Auto Ventilated Seats Market
- Bicycle Chain Market
- Dual Clutch Transmission Market
- Automotive Pumps Market
- Automotive Performance Parts Market