Bicycle Components Aftermarket Driven by Derailleurs Sales, Accounting for Over 20% Value Share in 2021: FMI Report
According to a recent report by Future Market Insights (FMI), the bicycle components aftermarket is projected to grow at CAGR of 7.0% from 2021 to 2031, surpassing US$ 26.5 Bn. The demand for bicycle components is associated with the rise in demand for bicycles.
Bicycle Components Market
Future Market Insights (FMI), in its recent study on the bicycle components aftermarket, o...
The rise in the number of people choosing bicycling as a leisure activity is expected to fuel sales and revenue. Bicycles are projected to emerge as a convenient method of exercise and transport. Dock less bicycle-sharing systems have also supported market developments.
People are becoming increasingly aware about the importance of healthy lifestyles and exercise. As more individuals turn to biking as a regular fitness method, the demand for components is expected to expand.
The growing relevance of sports activities, celebrity endorsement, and international or national sporting events are increasing bicycle use. In addition, an increase in government programs in several nations aimed at increasing participation rates has aided growth in recent years.
Bicycle components will see a considerable increase in demand due to rising bicycle sales and the growing popularity of environment friendly e-bikes. Manufacturers are also being pressured by environmental regulations to develop associated tech improvements. Low-cost part production in Southeast Asia and the development of new transit corridors will create a conducive environment for growth.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- Electric bikes will account for over 24.2% by 2031 owing to the demand for emission-free, energy-efficient, and low-cost, transport options.
- Road bicycles to account for over 55% of sales by 2031 owing to light weight characteristics and smoother gear shifting and better braking performance.
- India is a major market in the South Asia and Pacific holding over 30% of value share, supported by a vast consumer base for low-cost transport.
- China will hold more than 70% of the East Asia market by 2031, supported by demand in recreation and transport sectors, and the rising popularity of bike sharing programs.
- The U.S. dominates North America with a share of 86.7% in 2021, with growing health awareness among buyers driving sales.
“Low-cost manufacturing in South-East Asia and Africa, in addition to new transit routes, are likely to boost the demand for bicycle components by improving logistics. Distributors in South Asia and Pacific and MEA are expected to adopt aggressive marketing strategies to gain competitive edge,” said an analyst at FMI.
Bicycle Components Market Competitive Landscape
Leading players in the bicycle component aftermarket are focused on keeping up with design improvements brought out by OEMs. Strategies to expand production capacity, while keeping production costs low remain important for industry participants.
Some the key players in the bicycle components market are Dorel Industries Inc., Accell Group N.V., Shimano Inc., SRAM LLC, Hero Cycles Limited, Campagnolo S.R.L., Merida Industry Co., Ltd., Specialized Bicycle Components, Rohloff AG, Giant Manufacturing Inc., and Avon Cycles Ltd.
Get Valuable Insights on Bicycle Components Aftermarket
The research report analyzes the market demand trend for bicycle components. The global market based upon COVID-19 impact, macroeconomic factors, market trends & market background. As per Future Market Insights research scope the bicycle components aftermarket report is studied and analyzed on the following segments such as by component type, sales channel, bicycle type & regions. The bicycle components aftermarket report gives us qualitative and quantitative information about the companies.
About the Automotive Division of FMI
The automotive division of FMI offers a novel approach and innovative perspective in the analysis of the industrial automation market. Comprehensive coverage of capital, portable, process, construction, industrial, and special purpose machinery across the manufacturing sector and distinctive analysis about the installed base, consumables, replacement, USP-feature-application matrix make us a pioneering voice in the industry. We are preferred associates with established as well as budding industry stakeholders, and channel partners when it comes to sustaining, growing, and identifying new revenue prospects.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, and has delivery centers in the UK, U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
- Global Automotive Wiring Harness Market
- Global Hybrid Vehicles Market
- Asia Pacific Automotive Telematics Market
- Global Air Transport Mro Market
- Global Automotive Turbochargers Market
- Global Emission Control Catalyst Market
- Global Aircraft Cabin Interior Market
- Golf Cart Market
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems Market
- Compact Wheel Loaders Market
- Auto Ventilated Seats Market
- Bicycle Chain Market
- Dual Clutch Transmission Market
- Automotive Pumps Market
- Automotive Performance Parts Market