Oil Price Drop to Offer Succor as Raw Material Purchase Costs Give Lifeline to Bromine Market Players, Says FMI
According to the latest report by Future Market Insights, the global bromine market is estimated to be worth US$ 2.4 Bn in 2021. With a large share in oil and drilling applications, bromine and its derivatives are seeing high demand growth in the US.
A recent market study published by Future Market Insights (FMI) on the bromine market incl...
Despite the ongoing pandemic, players in the bromine market are engaging in smart procurement moves for bromine and its derivatives in order to preserve their margins. Efforts are also being undertaken to secure long-term strategic liaisons by manufacturers with their customers and partners to offtake production and keep plants operational in the interim.
Key Takeaways of Bromine Market
- Flame retardants account for the largest share in the bromine market. Despite stringent regulations banning brominated flame retardants, this segment will showcase strong growth through 2031
- Asia Pacific was the largest regional market for Bromine in 2019. Within this region China accounted for 13% bromine production
- With high uptake of bromine as a flame retardant in electronics manufacturers are re-shoring to regions within Asia Pacific on back of cost-effective raw materials and cheap labor
- High recyclability of hydrogen bromide along with virgin bromine brines is upping the overall production of bromine globally
COVID-19 to Compound Challenges of Refiners
Bromine and in particular, the chemicals industry, will feel the impact of COVID-19 in the near term. The bromine market like other major chemical sectors will continue to face supply chain disruptions owing to outbreaks in various regions.
Regions such as Asia Pacific, North America and Europe which have till now remained key producers of bromine may feel the adversarial effects of the pandemic and prevailing uncertainty in capital markets.
Slackening growth in consumer goods, automotive and the construction sector is also impacting the demand for brominated flame retardants in these end-use industries. Refineries producing bromine are facing significant challenges with facility shutdowns.
Bromine Market – Competitive Intelligence
The market structure for bromine is highly consolidated with leading stakeholders' producers accounting for three-fourth of the supply. With technological advancements in bromine and its derivatives as well as collaborative ventures between major players, the market is witnessing high growth in pharmaceuticals, construction, electronics and oil & gas.
- Israel Chemicals Ltd, headquartered at Tel Aviv, is one of the leading players in the market manufacturing elemental bromine. With an estimated capacity of 280,000 MT of bromine per year, the company serves diverse sectors such as construction, pharma, energy and automotive. To reduce its overall operating cost the company looks at establishing new pumping stations in locations around the Dead Sea to maintain bromine production. The company also collaborated with Albermarle Corporation to develop a new generation of polymeric flame retardants with reduced emissions
- Lanxess AG, headquartered in Germany offers brominated flame retardants which are primarily being used in building insulation. The company recorded a strategic milestone with its acquisition of Chemtura, a US company which has made it one of the most important players in the additive market and has also given it a foothold in urethanes and organometallics divisions
Want to Know More?
Future Market Insights has published a market research report on the bromine market that contains global industry analysis for 2016–2020 and opportunity assessment for 2021–2031. The report provides insightful analysis of the bromine market through four different segments- product type, source, application, and region. The bromine market report also provides demand trends of different types across industry verticals, a comprehensive list of service providers in the market, various projects around the world, along with a detailed overview of the parent market.
About Chemicals & Materials division of FMI
The Chemicals & Materials division at FMI offers distinct and pin-point analysis about the chemicals & materials industry. Coverage of the chemicals and materials market extends from commodity, bulk, specialty and petrochemicals to advanced materials, composites, and nanotechnology. The team also puts special emphasis on ‘green alternatives’, recycling and renewable technology developments, and supply-demand trade assessment. Our research studies are widely referred by chemical manufacturers, research institutions, channel partners, and government bodies for developing – ‘The Way Forward’.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, and has delivery centers in the UK, U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
- Apac Flexible Glass Market
- Global Biobased Biodegradable Plastics Market
- Global Bio Plastics Market
- Bric Automotive Plastics Market
- Europe Advanced Aerospace Coatings Market
- India Construction Chemical Market
- Global Biophotonics Market
- Global Antimicrobial Additives Market
- Firearm Lubricant Market
- Global Pearlescent Pigment Market
- Global Adsorbents Market
- Global Barite Market
- Global Polyvinyl Chloride Market
- Global Corrosion Protective Coatings Market
- Global Mining Flotation Chemicals Market