Cling Film Sales to Surpass US$ 1 Bn Mark in 2019, Increasing Preference for Bio-based Alternatives to Shape Future: FMI
Food, healthcare, and FMCG industries have been the predominant end users of cling films, which continue to drive cling film sales at a healthy rate. With increasing demand for convenient and flexible packaging solutions across industries, the market for cling films will exhibit promising growth in the near future.
Cling Film Market
A recent market study published by FMI on the cling film market includes global industry a...
A new Future Market Insights (FMI) study projects a CAGR of over 5% for the global cling film market during the forecast period, 2019 - 2029. While global sales of cling films are set to exceed the US$ 1 Bn mark by 2019 end, the report states that demand will be majorly driven by its durability and cost competitiveness.
Key Takeaways - Cling Film Market Study
- Preferred for its high durability, cling film also has excellent tear-resistant capability. Cling film has thus become a standard household product that keeps a variety of products fresh and protected.
- Increasing preference for transparent product packaging would continue to fuel adoption of cling films across industries.
- Significant consumption of cling film is projected in the consumer goods industry.
- Poly vinyl chloride (PVC) and polyethylene (PE) will continue to gain preference over other material counterparts in cling film market.
- Non-recyclable attributes of cling film remain the most prominent barriers limiting its adoption.
- Growing availability of bio-based alternatives to cling film will pose a significant threat to the growth of cling film market.
Innovations Centered Around Bio-based Alternative Solutions
Recently, some companies are manufacturing sustainable alternatives of cling film. One of the leading manufacturers of cling film, FKuR Kunststoff GmbH, developed a new biodegradable cling film. The company is developing bioplastic compounds without starch derivatives and are moisture-resistant. They offer a significant advantage as compared to other commercial starch-based plastics.
Bee’s wrap is also emerging as a sustainable alternative to cling film. As it is a plant-based muslin fabric material, coated in jojoba oil, beeswax, and tree resin, it can be used for packaging of a wide array of products, including ceramics, snacks, and half-used fruits. Besides this, it is naturally flexible, water resistant, and impermeable, which helps maintain the freshness of packaged products.
Know More About the Report
Future Market Insights, in its new offering, brings to fore a neutral analysis of the global cling film market, presenting historical demand data (2014 - 2018) and forecast statistics for the period 2019 - 2029. The study reveals compelling understandings on the cling film market on the basis of material (PE, BOPP, PVC, and PVDC), thickness (up to 9 microns, 9 to 12 microns, and above 12 microns), end-use (food, healthcare, consumer goods, industrial and others), and distribution channel (direct and indirect) across seven major regions.
For in-depth actionable insights on how the growth of cling film market will unfold over the period of upcoming decade, write to the analyst at [email protected]
About Packaging Division at Future Market Insights
The Packaging division at FMI provides an in-depth historical analysis and granular projections of the global packaging market. Ranging from packaging materials to designs & formats, FMI has an exhaustive market research database, serving clients with unique offerings and strategic recommendations. With a repository of 750+ reports, the team analyzed the packaging industry comprehensively in 70+ countries. The team evaluates every node of the value chain and provides end-to-end research and consulting services; reach out to explore how we can help
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, and has delivery centers in the UK, U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
- Global Beverage Packaging Market
- Corrugated Boxes Market
- Plastic Pails Market
- Iv Infusion Bottle Seals And Caps Market
- Filament Tapes Market
- Temperature Controlled Packaging Solutions Market
- Protective Packaging Market
- Dairy Products Packaging Market
- Next Generation Packaging Technology Market
- Container Glass Market
- Cosmetic Pencil And Pen Packaging Market
- Confectionery Packaging Market
- Plastic Caps And Closures Market
- Nylon Films For Liquid Packaging Market
- Parenteral Packaging Market