Adoption of natural insect repellents continues to see an upward trend, against the toxic chemical content such as diethyltoluamide (DEET), of conventional insect repellents. During the forecast period (2019 - 2029), global natural insect repellent market is poised for a healthy CAGR of over 6%.
The World Health Organization estimates that an average of 200 million cases of malaria are reported each year across the globe. Increasing temperature and unseasonal weather conditions inadvertently create favorable breeding grounds for insects. Vector-borne diseases lead to a large number of fatalities each year, especially in underdeveloped regions of Africa and Asia.
Key Takeaways - Natural Insect Repellent Market Study
- Key players are collaborating with governments to spread awareness about prevention of vector-borne diseases. It is anticipated to be a primary factor boosting the natural insect repellent market.
- Manufacturers of natural insect repellent products are focusing on integrated marketing communications to reach out to the masses via the internet, radios, hoardings, newspapers, billboards, and televisions for generating awareness about these diseases while promoting their products.
- Growing camping and recreational activities is fuelling the growth of sprays/aerosols segment due to its ease of use and compactness.
- Natural insect repellent market is estimated to boom in tropical regions, characterized by climatic conditions that highly favor insect breeding activities
Companies are anticipated to invest in extensive research and development activities to develop safer products. Many other ingredients such as fennel, clove oil, thyme, and celery extract are currently being studied to include in insect repellent products. Usage of naturally sourced active ingredients would create new opportunities in the natural insect repellent market space.
MEA Emerging Highly Lucrative
For More Detailed Insights on Natural Insect Repellent Market
According to WHO, Middle East & Africa (MEA) reports the highest number of vector-borne diseases. The region is characterized by limited medical facilities, and awareness about vector-borne diseases among consumers is poor. The government in this region is focused on improving health index of the population, inadvertently creating high growth opportunities for market players. Major players in the market are looking to cash in on first mover advantage in this highly lucrative, yet largely untapped market.
- Natural or herb-based insect repellants are estimated to surge product penetration in tropical and sub-tropical regions.
- Strengthening of supply chain will be an effective way to boost the Natural Insect Repellent market.
However, these leading natural insect repellent market players are profoundly impacted by a surge in illegal and unsafe products available in the market that are claimed to be natural.
More About the Report
Future Market Insights, in its new research study, brings forward a detailed analysis of the global natural insect repellent market, presenting historical demand data (2014-2018) and forecast statistics for the period of 2019-2029. The study elaborates the insights on the natural insect repellent market on the basis of product type (sprays/aerosol, liquid vaporizers, cream, essential oils, and other products), ingredient (oil of lemon eucalyptus, citronella oil, catnip oil, soybean oil, and other ingredients), distribution channel (online and offline) across seven significant regions. The study focuses on product innovations, key developments, and various opportunities and trends in the Natural Insect Repellent market.
For more insights, write to the analyst at email@example.com
About Services and Utilities division of FMI
Expert analysis, qualitative insights, and strategic recommendations – the Services & Utilities team at Future Market Insights helps clients from all over the globe meet their unique business intelligence needs. The team keeps an eye on evolving trends and recent developments in services and utilities market to offer end-to-end research and reliable consulting services; get in touch to know how we can help.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in London, the global financial capital, and has delivery centres in the U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and take critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously track emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.