Ready to Drink Beverages Market: COVID-19 Encourages Plant Based Dietary Lifestyle In turn Fuelling Demand for Vegan Ready to Drink Beverages: Future Market Insights
Global ready to drink beverage market has value US$17.3 Bn in 2020 and expected to grow with CAGR ~7% in forecast period. In the global beverages market, innovation in product is ongoing process which has helped it evolve over decades. Story of soft drinks started with simple cola flavoured soda in the 90’s and has evolved to large varieties with different properties such as with infused flavor, additional antioxidants, and various other properties. Rising flavor inspiration amongst the customers has also raised the demand for exciting flavors and more pleasant beverages in the market, which has generated various new concepts in the beverage industry, such as ready to drisnk beverages, functional beverages, infused beverage Ready to drink beverage is gaining customer’s attention with their high nutritional value and vibrant flavor due to addition of more than one component in the ready to drink beverages.
Ready To Drink Beverages Market
A recent market study published by FMI “Ready to drink beverages Market: Global I...
The number of COVID-19 patients is increasing across the globe because of which the governments of various countries have extended their lockdown. All companies and factories are closed in lockdown which impact the production of ready to drink beverages. There is possibility of disturbance in supply chain because of limited production of ready to drink beverages in lockdown. Moderate growth rate is expected in ready to drink beverages market in next two years as world is facing economic crises. The COVID-19 is caused by animals so consumers prefer plant based products over animal based products. The consumption of vegan ready to drink beverages is expected to grow rapidly in the forecast period.
Key Takeaways from the Ready to Drink Beverages Market Study
- Recent research data suggests that the global prevalence of obesity has increased by more than 75% since 1980, while in the last twenty years it has tripled in developing countries and particularly, in low income countries. More than 1.1 billion adults are overweight, of which 312 million are obese. Thus, market players in food & beverage industry are highly focusing to embed healthy ingredients in their end products to develop insulin resistance, lower body fats and fluid lipid. In addition to this, ready to drink beverages also helps to suppress food intake together with increase in energy expenditure to reduce body fat.
- Millennials is the target audience for the ready to drink beverage market. The health-conscious millennials continue to redefine ready to drink beverage market. Ready to drink beverages gives them freshness as well as energy. They are generation of busy lifestyles because of which they look for convenient, simple ways to conform to healthy lifestyle. The attractive unique packaging design on ready to drink beverages are favourable for beverage brands to market their product to young population. The eye catching slogan or advertisement on social media is influential factor for millennial towards ready to drink beverages.
“The awareness of health and wellness is rising due to which the demand for healthy and nutritious ready to drink beverages is rising. The frequency of launching gluten-free, fat-free, organic and vegan ready to drink beverages is increasing as well. Coupled with these, innovations in both organic and conventional ready to drink beverages will drive the market. ,” said an analyst at FMI.
Attractive Packaging Drawing the Attention of Consumers
Large number of manufacturers are entering into ready to drink beverages market which creates the intense competition. To stand out in the competition manufacturers are focusing on innovative and unique packaging styles to grab the attention of consumers. Craft beers and sparkling soda brands are following the trend of premium packaging trend. The quality and sustainability are the most important point which impacts the sale of ready to drink beverages market. There is inclination towards cans and glass bottles in ready to drink beverages as it give premium look. Yugen which is Belgian brand collaborated with Ball Corporation to produce new range of Kombucha packaged in printed cans. Attractive and unique packaging drawing attention of consumers.
Who is winning?
A few of the leading players operating in the global ready to drink beverages market are PepsiCo, Fuze Beverage, Coca Cola, Danone, Kraft Foods, Keurig Dr Pepper, Inc., Campbell Soup Company and Abbott and other players.
Several leading manufacturers of ready to drink beverages are focusing on mergers and acquisition to expand its business geographical presence and to product portfolio. Leading players of ready to drink beverages are investing in research and development to produce innovative products of ready to drink beverages.
- In 2017, Danone Group acquired White Wave Foods. The aim behind the acquisition was to strengthen the healthy and nutritious ready to drink beverages market in North America
- In January 2018, the Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. entered into a merger agreement with Maple Parent, which owns Keurig. The combined businesses created Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. ("KDP"), a to expand distribution capability and reach virtually every point-of-sale in North America
Get Valuable Insights into Ready to Drink Beverages Market
Future Market Insights, in its new offering, provides an unbiased analysis of the global ready to drink beverages market, presenting historical demand data (2015-2019) and forecast statistics for the period from 2020-2030. The study divulges compelling insights on the ready to drink beverages market based product type (Tea, Coffee, Energy Drinks, Yogurt Drinks, Dairy Based beverages, Non-Dairy Based Beverages, Fortified Water, & Others), nature (organic and conventional), packaging (Bottle, Tetra Pack, Sachet, Tin Can and Others), distribution channel (Supermarkets/Hypermarkets, Convenience Stores, Grocery Stores, Speciality Stores & Online retail) across seven major regions.
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations – the food & beverage team at Future Market Insights helps clients from across the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over 1,000 reports and 1 million+ data points, the team has analysed the food & beverage industry lucidly in 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides end-to-end research and consulting services; reach out to explore how we can help.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, and has delivery centers in the UK, U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
- Gcc Functional Food Market
- Global Natural Food Colours Market
- Global Stevia Market
- Global Artificial Sweeteners Market
- Global Food Preservatives Market
- Global Fruit Concentrates Puree Market
- Global Forage Seed Market
- Indian Alcohol Market
- Dietary Supplements Market
- Food Additives Market
- Nutritional Yeast Market
- Fish Feed Market
- Food Encapsulation Market
- Agar Market
- Bric Organic Baby Food Market