This Airport Information Display System market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Airport Information Display System market.
Airport Information Display System: Market Outlook
A airport information display system is a computerized system used in airports to display flight information to passengers, in which a computer system controls mechanical or electronic display boards or TV screens in order to display arrivals and departures related flight information in real-time. The airport information display system may be located inside or around an airport terminal, at different locations. A virtual version of airport information display system can also be found on most airport websites and teletext systems. In large airports, there are different sets of airport information display system for each terminal or even each major airline. The airport information display system are used to assist passengers during air travel and people who want to pick up passengers after the flight. Airport information display systems are not just used to provide travel information for airports,
Airport Information Display System and its Properties:
Each line on an airport information display system indicates a different flight number accompanied by:
- The airline name/logo and/or its IATA or ICAO airline designator
- The city of origin or destination, and any intermediate points
- The expected arrival or departure time and/or the updated time (reflecting any delays)
- The gate number
- The check-in counter numbers or the name of the airline handling the check-in
- The status of the flight, such as "Landed", "Delayed", "Boarding”
Due to code sharing, one single flight may be represented by a series of different flight numbers, thus lines (for example, LH474 and AC9099), although one single aircraft operates that route at that given time. Lines may be sorted by time, airline name, or city. Most airport information display system now use LCD or LED screens, although some airports still use split-flap display type.
Also, airport information display system aren’t the only type of common airport digital signage. Gate Information Displays (GIDs) and Baggage Information Displays (BIDs) are also helping passengers in airports all over the world. Each passenger information solution is designed to pull relevant, real-time data from specific Airport Operation Databases (AODBs) and display it wherever it’s most relevant. Airports also use:
- Way finding stations
- Reader boards
- Vendor advertising
- Live data streaming
- Employee communications
- Meeting room signage
Global Airport Information Display System Market: Market Participants
Some of the market participants operating in the global airport information display system market identified across the value chain include Indra Sistemas S.A., Sita, Rockwell Collins, Inc., Thales Group, Amadeus IT Group Sa, Siemens AG, IBM Corporation, Ikusi, Ultra Electronics Holdings PLC, Inform GmbH, Damarel Systems International Ltd., Resa among the other airport information display system manufacturers.
Providers of airport information display systems focus on developing partnerships with airport management companies to get a good foothold in the market. The influx of low priced LED screens is also expected to have an impact on the airprort information display system market. Companies are also providing other complementary technologies such as voice-based announcement systems and interactive display technologies to broaden the appeal of their product portfolio.
Opportunities for Participants in the Airport Information Display System Market
The increasing investments for air travel infrastructure development and expansion in the emerging economies is an opportunity for the providers of airport information display system. Also, the emergence of smaller airports in various regions and countryside locations also creates new opportunities for the providers of airport information display system.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The Airport Information Display System report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Airport Information Display System Market Segments
- Airport Information Display System Market Dynamics
- Airport Information Display System Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Airport Information Display System Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved
- Value Chain
- Airport Information Display System Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis of Airport Information Display System market includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Rest of LATAM)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX, Russia, Poland, and Rest of Europe)
- East Asia (Japan, South Korea, and China)
- South Asia (India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Rest of South Asia)
- Oceania (Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Iran, Israel, S. Africa, Rest of MEA)
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Airport Information Display System Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Airport Information Display System Market: Segmentation
On the basis of type, the global airport information display system market has been segmented as:
- Terminal Side Airport Information Display System
- Air Side Airport Information Display System
On the basis of airports, the global airport information display system market has been segmented as:
- Class A Airports
- Class B Airports
- Class C Airports
- Class D Airports
On the basis of application, the global airport information display system market has been segmented as:
- Finance & Operations
- Ground Handling
On the basis of system, the global airport information display system market has been segmented as:
- Airport Operation Control Centre
- Departure Control System
On the basis of end use, the global airport information display system market has been segmented as:
- Passenger Systems
- Non-passenger Systems
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Airport Information Display System Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Airport Information Display System Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Airport Information Display System Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Airport Information Display System Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.