This Asia Pacific Tourism Spend Analytics Forecast market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Asia Pacific Tourism Spend Analytics Forecast market.
Tourism is one of the most important sectors in the economy of the Asia Pacific region. Tourism contributes to the economic development of nations and contributes heavily towards employment generation. Tourism also has a positive effect on the environment and infrastructure along with the society. These factors have made tourism a key driving factor for socio economic progress. Tourism spend is categorised as expenditure on accommodation, entertainment and sightseeing, food service, retail, transport, travel intermediation, and other related travel expenditure.
Asia-Pacific Tourism Spend Analytics: Sector Growth Drivers and Challenges
A strong economic growth in the Asia Pacific region coupled with a stable political climate and a sharp increase in disposable income are some of the factors contributing towards a boom in the tourism sector in the region. Besides, an increasingly interconnected world and the easing of travel restrictions with facilities such as visa on arrival are also increasing the tourism traffic in the Asia Pacific region. A growing and affluent middle class population in large emerging economics of China and India is also contributing to the growing spend of tourists from these countries. Moreover, with the spread of the internet and the smartphone revolution, there is a great deal of information available about various travel options across the world and the payment options also have become easier. All these factors are giving a fillip to the tourism spend in the Asia Pacific region. Hence, it is the countries from emerging markets such as India, China, Malaysia and the like who are going to be the key drivers of tourism spending in the Asia Pacific region. However, external factors such as economic recession, outbreaks of war, spread of deadly contagious diseases and terrorist attacks are some of the reasons that can act as a restraint to the growth of the Asia Pacific tourism industry.
Asia-Pacific Tourism Spend Analytics: Key Statistics
According to the figures released by the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA), more than 150 million tourists from China will travel to other Asia Pacific nations by 2020, as compared to 102 million tourists in 2015. Additionally, it is also anticipated that aggregate expenditure by the Chinese in the Asia Pacific region will increase from US$ 157 billion in 2015 to more than US$ 230 billion in the year 2020. The travel and tourism direct industry in Asia contributed US$ 694 billion in the year 2014 as per the figures released by the World Travel and Tourism Council. According to a new report by VISA, more than 109 million households in the Asia Pacific will go on at least one international trip per year by 2025, up by 65% from 2015. However, it is the tourism markets in emerging economies such as Indonesia, Vietnam and India that are likely to witness rise in tourism related spending.
As per the VISA report, the growing affluence and a rise in incomes will give rise to a new class of travellers, which will mainly comprise people coming from the emerging economies. According to estimates, households with an income of more than $20,000 per year make up over 90% of the total spends on foreign travel in the present times. By the year 2025, nearly half of the households worldwide will meet this income criteria, giving rise to maximum international travel related to tourism, and most of these households will be from emerging economies.
This comprehensive report equips readers with lucid information and analysis on the sector. Future Market Insights’ experienced travel and tourism analysts bring to you accurate and unbiased information to help you make crucial decisions with confidence.
The report offers a 360° view – bringing to the fore key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges prevailing in the sector. To offer readers actionable insights, detailed information on historical trends, current scenario, and future projections is provided in the report.
The report specifically focusses on the leading companies operating in this sector, highlighting their key developmental strategies. A holistic analysis of the leading players is highlighted to help decision makers understand the overall competitive landscape.
What Can Readers Expect from this Report?
- An overview of the sector, including the key factors that have shaped patterns and demand
- Not just data, but insights that you can incorporate in your strategic decision making
- Nuanced underlying factors that influence consumer behaviour
- Data points to understand the past, analyse the present, and project the future
- Trends that will impact the sector in the short- and long-term
- Deeper understanding of the target audience, their motivations, aspirations, and expectations from service providers
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Asia Pacific Tourism Spend Analytics Forecast Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Asia Pacific Tourism Spend Analytics Forecast
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Asia Pacific Tourism Spend Analytics Forecast report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Asia Pacific Tourism Spend Analytics Forecast. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Asia Pacific Tourism Spend Analytics Forecast report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Asia Pacific Tourism Spend Analytics Forecast, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.