This Bio Based Cutlery market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Bio Based Cutlery market.
Global Bio-Based Cutlery Market: Overview
The increasing use of plastic is creating masses of plastic waste and thus, governing authorities in several parts of the world are implementing bans on the use of plastic. Attributing to such regulatory norms and regulations, consumers are preferring bio-based cutlery made from bio-plastic and wood, over the use of plastic cutlery.
Single-use cutlery manufacturing companies are improving their production facilities to offer economic and environment friendly products such as bio-based cutlery. The youth population in regions such as Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness significant growth in the next decade. Thus, bio-based cutlery manufacturers are pursuing growth opportunities in countries such as India and China. Bio-based cutlery is expected to be an ideal choice for on-the-go consumers throughout the forecast period. Apart from functional qualities such as food hygiene & low costs, the grab and go features of bio-based cutlery also add to its growing demand around the globe. Furthermore, in recent years, several bio-based cutlery manufacturers are looking for positive opportunities in edible cutlery made of corn, wheat bran, rice and sorghum. Bio-based cutlery made from edible items reduces carbon dioxide emissions by tons.
Global Bio-Based Cutlery Market: Dynamics
The bio-based cutlery market is expected to witness significant growth on the backdrop of consumer convenience and growing demand for environment-friendly packaging solutions. In addition, persistent efforts are being made to eliminate/reduce the use of single-use plastic products, which has gradually created growth opportunities for bio-based cutlery in recent years. In 2018, McDonald's, KFC, and a few other quick service restaurants stopped the usage of plastic cutlery in several countries such as Singapore, India and France, which is further driving the growth of the bio-based cutlery market. Moreover, the growth of the bio-based cutlery market is hampered by the high cost of raw material used in the manufacturing of bio-based cutlery.
Global Bio-Based Cutlery Market: Regional Overview
In North America, the U.S. is anticipated to lead the bio-based cutlery market during the forecast period. India and China are anticipated to drive significant growth in the Asia Pacific bio-based cutlery market during the assessment period. Furthermore, India and China bio-based cutlery markets are expected to witness significant growth, owing to the growing demand for bio-degradable packaging solutions in such emerging economies. On the other hand, the Europe bio-based cutlery market is expected to witness sluggish growth during the forecast period.
Global Bio-Based Cutlery Market: Market Participants
A few of the key players in the bio-based cutlery market are Huhtamäki Oyj, Pactiv LLC, Biodegradable Food Service, LLC, Leafware LLC, Biotrem, Anchor Packaging Inc., Georgia-Pacific LLC, Biopac UK Ltd, Natur-Tec, Northern Technologies International Corporation (NTIC), Vegware Ltd, Fast Plast A/S, Bakeys Foods Private Limited, and Bio Futura.
The report on bio-based cutlery market is a compilation of first-hand information, and qualitative & quantitative assessment by industry analysts, as well as inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report bio-based cutlery market provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. Bio-based cutlery market also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The global bio-based cutlery market is divided into seven major regions, which are as follows -
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Bio Based Cutlery Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Bio-Based Cutlery Market: Segmentation
The global bio-based cutlery market has been segmented on the basis of product type, material type, sales channel and end use. The pricing for bio-based cutlery has been represented in US$ Million, while the volume has been represented in terms of the number of units.
On the basis of product type, the global bio-based cutlery market has been segmented into:
On the basis of material type, the global bio-based cutlery market has been segmented into:
- Poly Lactic Acid (PLA)
- Polycaprolactone (PCL) cutlery
- Polybutylene Succinate (PBS)
- Plastarch Material (PSM)
- Starch Based
- Wheat Bran
- Others (Sorghum, Potato Starch, etc.)
On the basis of sales channel, the global bio-based cutlery market has been segmented into:
- Direct Sales
On the basis of end use, the global bio-based cutlery market has been segmented into:
- Food Service
- Quick Service Restaurants (QSR)
- Airlines & Railway Catering
- Movie Theatres
- School & Offices
- Others (Hospitals, etc.)
- House hold
- A detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth bio-based cutlery market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected bio-based cutlery market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments for bio-based cutlery market
- Competitive landscape for bio-based cutlery market
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on bio-based cutlery market performance
- Must-have information for bio-based cutlery market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Bio Based Cutlery Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Bio Based Cutlery Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Bio Based Cutlery Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Bio Based Cutlery Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)