This Plastic Cutlery market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Plastic Cutlery market.
Plastic Cutlery Market: Overview
Plastic cutlery is disposable and one-time use product. They are most commonly used by restaurants performing home delivery, airlines and in events, camping and catering services & fast-food restaurants, etc. Plastic cutlery is cheap, convenient, and durable to hold any food. Large scale availability of raw material for plastic cutlery enhances its production. The popularity of plastic cutlery was due to its cost-effectiveness in comparison to other cutlery like wood cutlery and glass cutlery. They are flexible and recyclable, which reduces the major impact of plastic on the environment. Plastic cutlery can be in the form of fork, spoons, knives which are lightweight and can be easily carried. No clean-up is involved while using plastic cutlery which lowers the efforts of the consumer. Plastic cutlery is easy to store, hygienic, and easily portable. Plastic cutlery is attractive as they come in many varieties. The market for plastic is rapidly increasing as there is a great need for plastic cutlery in outdoor occasions like weddings, gatherings, meetings, and events. Hence driving the plastic cutlery market globally.
Changing Business Model of Food & Beverage Service Providers to give fillip
The rising number of multinational quick service restaurants (QSR) worldwide is leading to a surge in demand for foodservice disposables and single-use cutleries. Such food service restaurants do not invest in resources for the cleaning and maintenance of serving containers. This helps chain operators to reduce labour costs and thereby escalating the plastic cutlery market.
There has been a dynamic shift in the consumer consumption pattern in the food and beverages sector. On an average, online food delivery platforms in emerging countries such as India, offer over 40% return on investment. This is leading to an intense competition across food delivery platforms among food service companies, and ensuring lucrative opportunities for manufacturers of food disposables and single-use plastic cutleries. This is one of the major factor in driving the plastic cutlery market in emerging countries.
Implementation of Stringent Environmental Regulations on the Usage of Plastic Cutlery
Plastic takes hundreds of years to recycle and therefore, is not favoured by many countries and organizations. In fact, BBC has plans to ban all single-use plastics by the end of 2020. In 2016, France became the first country in the world to put a complete ban on disposable plastic cups and plates. Moreover, plastics release harmful chemicals which can be toxic to plant, marine, and consumer’s life, which increases the level of pollution. Plastic cutlery makes soil infertile by releasing harsh chemicals which can affect the ecosystem stability. All these factors contribute in hampering the plastic cutlery market in the near future.
Plastic Cutlery Market: Key Players
Some of the key manufacturers in the plastic cutlery are mentioned below:
- Dart Container Corporation,
- Eco-Products, Inc.
- Fuling Global Inc.
- Biopac India Corporation Ltd.
- TrueChoicePack Corporation
- Lollicup USA Inc.
- Huhtamaki Oyj
- Genpak LLC.
Plastic Cutlery Market: Key Developments
Key players in the plastic cutlery market focuses on mergers and acquisitions as a strategy to provide its customers with a wide range of products
- In December 2015, the Pactiv LLC invested US$ 4.5 Mn in its Columbus, Ohio facility to add two new production lines.
- In October 2016, the D&W Fine Pack LLC launched Cruiser Ware oblong containers and lids as a solution for take-out, to-go, and prepared foods.
- In August 2017, Dart Container Corporation invested US$ 40 Mn for the development of innovation center in Michigan, U.S.
- In March 2016 Georgia-Pacific LLC acquired Excel Displays and Packaging, a retail packaging and point?of?purchase displays manufacturer.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with plastic cutlery market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Plastic Cutlery Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Plastic Cutlery Market: Segmentation
On the basis of product type, the plastic cutlery market has been divided into:
On the basis of sales channel, the plastic cutlery market has been divided into:
On the basis of end use, the plastic cutlery market has been divided into:
- Food service outlets
- Institutional food service
Plastic Cutlery Market: Report Highlights
A detailed overview of the parent market of plastic cutlery market.
- Changing market dynamics in the plastic cutlery industry
- In-depth segmentation of plastic cutlery market
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in plastic cutlery market
- Competitive landscape
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Plastic Cutlery Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Plastic Cutlery Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Plastic Cutlery Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Plastic Cutlery Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)