Plastic Jar Packaging Market Snapshot
Plastic jars are ideal choice for storing chemical solvents and pharmaceutical items as they have high chemical resistivity, lightweight, and are easy to use. As indicated by Future Market Insights’ (FMI’s) analysis, the overall plastic jar packaging sales are expected to reach 175,770 Mn units at year-on-year (YoY) growth of 2.9% in 2021. High utility and versatility of plastic jar packaging will continue to drive the market sales during the forecast period.
Market analysis also suggests that pandemic will boost the demand for plastic jar packaging especially in packaging for groceries, and healthcare products. Rapid growth of online retails and e-commerce transportation will further accelerate demand for plastic jar packaging. Fueled by this, the plastic jar packaging market is forecast to grow at 2.7% CAGR throughout the assessment period.
Key Points Covered in Plastic Jar Packaging Market Study
- Market estimates and forecast 2021 – 2031
- Key drivers and restrains impacting market growth
- Segment-wise, Country-wise, and Region-wise Analysis
- Competitive Mapping and Benchmarking
- Brand share and Market Share Analysis
- Key Product Innovations and Regulatory Climate
- COVID-19 Impact On Plastic jar Packaging Market
- Recommendation on Key Winning Strategies
2016 – 2020 Plastic jar packaging Market Outlook In Comparison to 2021 – 2031 Forecasts
Plastic jar packaging market will register elevated demand during the pandemic, as the need for safety has made plastic an essential item in chemical and biomedical applications.
Future Market Insights in its latest report projects that the plastic jar packaging market will grow at around 2.7% CAGR during the forecast period. Plastic jar packaging market valuation grew by 9% in 2021 with pharmaceutical industries experiencing tremendous demand from the pandemic.
Growing environmental concerns and stringent government regulations has led manufacturers move towards production of the recyclable plastic jar to offer sustainable packaging solution. In June 2021, leading plastic jar packaging manufacturer Amcor Ltd. launched its ultra-clear and heat resistance plastic films called “AmPrima™ PE Plus”.
The company claims that AmPrima jars and bottles will allow customers to transition towards recycle-ready solutions toward sustainability goals.
Leading market players are also collaborating to support sustainability goals and reduce their carbon footprint. Berry Global Inc. entered into an agreement with Borealis on 28th April 2021, to gain access of its first volume of circular polyolefins manufactured from chemical recycling.
This agreement will allow Berry to receive 600 million pounds of post-consumer recycled (PCR) content by 2025, allowing it to achieve its global commitment of net-zero emissions by 2050.
Increasing investments to achieve a circular economy for plastics by 2050 will create lucrative market growth opportunities in upcoming years.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Plastic Jar Packaging Market - Key Research Findings
- Estimated market size for plastic jar packaging in 2021 – US$ 26.314 Bn.
- Global plastic jar packaging market is expected to witness a CAGR of 2.7% during the forecast period, 2021-2031.
- Plastic jars are versatile and complement a range of packaging demands.
- Plastic jar packaging is designed to withstand rough handling and is impact resistant. It is highly suitable for consumer convenience and attractive retail display.
- Such characteristics of plastic jar packaging make them highly suitable for packaging of food & beverages, cosmetics & personal care, home care, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, and other products.
- The North American region is expected to generate significant demand for plastic jar packaging in the coming years.
- The region is expected to create significant opportunities for plastic jar packaging market during the forecast period.
- The robust growth rate of end-use industries and growing demand for lightweight, durable, impact-resistance, and cost-effective packaging formats is expected to drive the growth of the plastic jar packaging market during the forecast period.
- The US is foreseen to remain dominant in terms of market share, while Canada is expected to register peak growth in the plastic jar packaging market during the forecast period.
- The South Asian region is expected to witness high growth potential for the plastic jar packaging market.
- Presence of emerging economies coupled with industrialization and globalization, and the rising popularity of rigid packaging formats are expected to create a positive outlook for the plastic jar packaging market.
- The rising demand for effective and budget-friendly packaging formats in food & beverages, as well as other industries, is expected to drive the growth of the global plastic jar packaging market during the next decade.
- To provide high-level security for packaged products, manufacturers of plastic jar packaging are using high-quality raw materials for manufacturing. Thus, plastic jar packaging format can safeguard any product from external contaminations, especially for specialty products.
- Addition and improvement in quality of packaging such as chemical and wear resistance provide the required durability.
- Besides, manufacturers are focusing on the designing of plastic jars which are safe and more sustainable.
Top 3 Factors Shaping the Plastic Jar Packaging Market
The emergence of plastic jar packaging as a secure, impact-resistant, and cost-effective packaging solution
Plastic jar packaging is considered to be highly protective. Several end-use industries are focusing on plastic jar packaging to secure high-end products, including food & beverages, cosmetics & personal care, home care, pharmaceuticals, and other products.
Plastic jar packaging is sealed in such a way so that it can shield the products from outside tampering. Plastic jar packaging is food grade, durable, and strong enough to protect the product from adverse climatic conditions and damage during transportation & handling. Such factors are likely to fuel the growth of the global plastic jar packaging market during the forecast period.
Plastic jar packaging with transparent design is foreseen to gain significant demand
Manufacturers design plastic jar packaging which can display insights of particular products due to the changing consumer perception towards the quality of the product and preference for eye-catching designs. Due to transparent design, the consumers can be sure that the product they are purchasing is in the promised condition without any defect.
Many manufacturers are opting for transparent plastic jar packaging as it provides high clarity, visibility, and gives customers peace of mind regarding the quality of packaging. Transparent plastic jar design gives customer insights of product whether it is food & beverages, cosmetics & personal care, pharmaceuticals, homecare or other, the customers aren’t left wondering about the insights of particular products.
Environmentally non-sustainable packaging
Plastic jar packaging is manufactured with a range of materials such as PET, PE, PVC, PP, etc., which take centuries to degrade. Continuous use of such plastic materials possess negative impact on the environment. PVC is a dangerous plastic which is difficult to break down, and PET should be replaced with RPET to reduce waste and costs.
Globally rising intolerance towards plastic packaging, increasing government rules & regulations regarding the use of plastic products, and changing consumer perception towards eco-friendly packaging can significantly hamper the consumption of plastic jar packaging during the forecast period. Such factors are expected to hinder the growth of the plastic jar packaging market in the coming years.
Plastic Jar Packaging Market Structure Analysis
- The global plastic jar packaging market is classified into three-tiers, where tier-1 companies are prominent in the market and have a strong presence across the globe.
- A majority of the key players operating in the plastic jar packaging market maintain a strategic focus on South Asia and Latin America.
- High penetration of end-use industries and presence of high growth economies in developing regions such as Latin America and South Asia, is likely to represent a significant incremental opportunity for plastic jar packaging market during the forecast period.
Plastic Jar Packaging – Unmatched Packaging Quality at Reasonable Cost
Plastics rank one among the ‘materials of choice’ for effective packaging and find extensive applications across multiple sectors, such as food & beverage, FMCG, pharmaceuticals, and others. Plastic jar packaging is widely known for the degree of safety & protection offered and is also adopted to boost visual appeal of products stored.
Market Growth Continues Unabated, Innovations to Unlock New Opportunities
The plastic jar packaging market continues to witness unabated growth through 2029, driven by end user demand for sturdy packaging formats at reasonable costs. Product innovation and differentiation is likely to unlock new growth opportunities for the market players, and end users are more than ready to invest of distinguishable packaging formats. However, increasing reluctance towards use of plastics might result in unwanted consequences for the plastic jar packaging market, which remains to be seen.
Opportunities Abound as Demand for Durable Packaging Intensifies
Europe and North America are likely to retain its buoyancy in the plastic jar packaging market, driven by ever-evolving industrial growth and rising demand for durable packaging. East Asia is likely to offer new growth opportunities for the market players of plastic jar packaging landscape, given that this region is the home to some of the thriving economies and flourishing industries.
The Broader Perspective
There is a considerable demand for packaging formats that are lightweight yet robust, thereby encouraging manufacturers to innovate on a persistent basis. Key brands offering plastic jar packaging are also investing in strategic alliances that will offer multimodal advantages, including organizational, economic, and strategic advantages.
How Growth will Unfold
Use of plastic packaging across various end use industries is growing by leaps and bounds, creating sustained opportunities for market players to reap profits. Increasing demand for flexible and functional packaging formats for easy handling and transportation is estimated to pave lucrative avenues for plastic jar packaging landscape.
Leading players operating in the plastic jar packaging market are Alpha Packaging Inc., Ontario Plastic Container producers Ltd., Cospak Pty Ltd., Gepack Srl, Amcor Limited, Berry Global Inc., Gerresheimer AG, Olcott Plastics, Inc., RPC M&H Plastics Ltd., All American Containers, Inc., Tim Plastics, Inc., Pretium Packaging, LLC, Integrity Cosmetic Container Industrial Co., Ltd., Silgan Holdings Inc., Taral Plastics, Inc., SKS Bottle & Packaging, Inc., Neville and More Ltd., Ltd. Plasmo Pty Ltd, Zenith Global Ltd, Thornton Plastics Co., and Rayuen Packaging Co., Limited
This list is indicative - full details about prominent plastic jar packaging manufacturers is available upon request
Plastic jar packaging Market – Report Scope
2021 – 2031
Historical Data Available for
2018 – 2028
US$ Mn for Value & Units for Volume
Key Regions Covered
North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania, and Middle East and Africa
Key Countries Covered
US, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of Latin America, Germany, Italy, France, U.K., Russia, Spain, BENELUX, Poland, Nordic, Rest of Europe, India, China, ASEAN, ANZ, Japan, GCC Countries, Turkey, South Africa, Iran, Israel, and Rest of MEA.
Key Segments Covered
Material Type, Capacity Type, End User Type, and By Region
Key Companies Profiled
Market Overview, Market Background, Market Forecast, Segmental Analysis, Regional Profiling and Competition Analysis
Customization & Pricing
Available upon Request
Key Questions Answered in the Report
What is plastic jar packaging market size?
The plastic jar packaging market size is forecast to reach US$ 26,314 Mn in 2021 owing to increasing demand of plastic jars in pharmaceuticals and thriving ecommerce industry.
At what rate did the plastic jar packaging market expand in the last five years?
Between 2016 and 2020, the plastic jar packaging sales grew at a slow pace of around 2.7% CAGR.
What are the key trends shaping the plastic jar packaging market?
Migration of manufacturers towards production of the recyclable plastic jar to offer sustainable packaging solution is expected to bode well for the plastic jar packaging market.
What are the key factors driving plastic jar packaging market demand?
Growing ready-to-eat food and beverage industries and the resultant demand for recyclable single use plastic storage will remain the chief growth driver.
What is the North America plastic jar packaging market outlook?
Demand registered in North America will continue rising, backed by increasing manufacturing of plastic jars in the U.S. and Canada, the North America market is poised to expand at 2.5% CAGR in 2021.
Who are the leading companies in plastic jar packaging market?
Amcor Plc, Berry Global Inc., Gerresheimer AG, and Silgan Holdings Inc. are the top companies operating in the plastic jar packaging market. They account for 1 out of 10 sales in global plastic jar packaging market.
What is the cumulative share of top ten companies in plastic jar packaging market?
Top players account for nearly 10 to 15% of the plastic jar packaging market
At what rate will plastic jar packaging sales increase in Europe?
Plastic jar packaging sales will increase at 2.2% CAGR in Europe, backed by rising demand in the U.K., Germany, and other countries.
Which are the top five countries driving Plastic jar packaging market demand?
Leading countries driving demand in the plastic jar packaging market are the China, U.S., France, Japan and Germany.
What are the key statistics for Plastic jar packaging market in Japan and South Korea?
Japan and South Korea held 10% and 6% share, respectively in the East Asia plastic jar packaging market in 2021.
Key Segments Covered in Plastic jar packaging Market Study:
By Material Type:
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Low-Density Polyethylene (LDPE)
- High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polystyrene (PS)
- Others (polycarbonate, polylactide etc.)
- Less than 10 Oz
- 11 – 30 Oz
- 31 – 60 Oz
- More than 61 Oz
By End Use:
- Food and Beverages
- Personal Care & Cosmetics
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia
- Middle East & Africa