Plastic Jar Packaging Market - Key Research Findings
- Estimated market size for plastic jar packaging in 2019 – Nearly US$ 24 Bn
- Global plastic jar packaging market is expected to witness a CAGR of 2.7% during the forecast period, 2019-2029.
- Plastic jars are versatile and complement a range of packaging demands.
- Plastic jar packaging is designed to withstand rough handling and are impact resistant. It is highly suitable for consumer convenience and attractive retail display.
- Such characteristics of plastic jar packaging make them highly suitable for packaging of food & beverages, cosmetics & personal care, home care, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, and other products.
- The North American region is expected to generate significant demand for plastic jar packaging in the coming years.
- The region is expected to create significant opportunities for plastic jar packaging market during the forecast period.
- The robust growth rate of end-use industries and growing demand for lightweight, durable, impact-resistance, and cost-effective packaging formats is expected to drive the growth of the plastic jar packaging market during the forecast period.
- The US is foreseen to remain dominant in terms of market share, while Canada is expected to register peak growth in the plastic jar packaging market during the forecast period.
- The South Asian region is expected to witness high growth potential for the plastic jar packaging market.
- Presence of emerging economies coupled with industrialization and globalization, and the rising popularity of rigid packaging formats are expected to create a positive outlook for the plastic jar packaging market.
- The rising demand for effective and budget-friendly packaging formats in food & beverages, as well as other industries, is expected to drive the growth of the global plastic jar packaging market during the next decade.
- To provide high-level security for packaged products, manufacturers of plastic jar packaging are using high-quality raw materials for manufacturing. Thus, plastic jar packaging format can safeguard any product from external contaminations, especially for specialty products.
- Addition and improvement in quality of packaging such as chemical and wear resistance provide the required durability.
- Besides, manufacturers are focusing on the designing of plastic jars which are safe and more sustainable.
Top 3 Factors Shaping the Plastic Jar Packaging Market
The emergence of plastic jar packaging as a secure, impact-resistant, and cost-effective packaging solution
Plastic jar packaging is considered to be highly protective. Several end-use industries are focusing on plastic jar packaging to secure high-end products, including food & beverages, cosmetics & personal care, home care, pharmaceuticals, and other products.
Plastic jar packaging is sealed in such a way so that it can shield the products from outside tampering. Plastic jar packaging is food grade, durable, and strong enough to protect the product from adverse climatic conditions and damage during transportation & handling. Such factors are likely to fuel the growth of the global plastic jar packaging market during the forecast period.
Plastic jar packaging with transparent design is foreseen to gain significant demand
Manufacturers design plastic jar packaging which can display insights of particular products due to the changing consumer perception towards the quality of the product and preference for eye-catching designs. Due to transparent design, the consumers can be sure that the product they are purchasing is in the promised condition without any defect.
Many manufacturers are opting for transparent plastic jar packaging as it provides high clarity, visibility, and gives customers peace of mind regarding the quality of packaging. Transparent plastic jar design gives customer insights of product whether it is food & beverages, cosmetics & personal care, pharmaceuticals, homecare or other, the customers aren’t left wondering about the insights of particular products.
Environmentally non-sustainable packaging
Plastic jar packaging is manufactured with a range of materials such as PET, PE, PVC, PP, etc., which take centuries to degrade. Continuous use of such plastic materials possess negative impact on the environment. PVC is a dangerous plastic which is difficult to break down, and PET should be replaced with RPET to reduce waste and costs.
Globally rising intolerance towards plastic packaging, increasing government rules & regulations regarding the use of plastic products, and changing consumer perception towards eco-friendly packaging can significantly hamper the consumption of plastic jar packaging during the forecast period. Such factors are expected to hinder the growth of the plastic jar packaging market in the coming years.
Plastic Jar Packaging Market Structure Analysis
- The global plastic jar packaging market is classified into three-tiers, where tier-1 companies are prominent in the market and have a strong presence across the globe.
- A majority of the key players operating in the plastic jar packaging market maintain a strategic focus on South Asia and Latin America.
- High penetration of end-use industries and presence of high growth economies in developing regions such as Latin America and South Asia, is likely to represent a significant incremental opportunity for plastic jar packaging market during the forecast period.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Plastic Jar Packaging – Unmatched Packaging Quality at Reasonable Cost
Plastics rank one among the ‘materials of choice’ for effective packaging and find extensive applications across multiple sectors, such as food & beverage, FMCG, pharmaceuticals, and others. Plastic jar packaging is widely known for the degree of safety & protection offered and is also adopted to boost visual appeal of products stored.
Market Growth Continues Unabated, Innovations to Unlock New Opportunities
The plastic jar packaging market continues to witness unabated growth through 2029, driven by end user demand for sturdy packaging formats at reasonable costs. Product innovation and differentiation is likely to unlock new growth opportunities for the market players, and end users are more than ready to invest of distinguishable packaging formats. However, increasing reluctance towards use of plastics might result in unwanted consequences for the plastic jar packaging market, which remains to be seen.
Opportunities Abound as Demand for Durable Packaging Intensifies
Europe and North America are likely to retain its buoyancy in the plastic jar packaging market, driven by ever-evolving industrial growth and rising demand for durable packaging. East Asia is likely to offer new growth opportunities for the market players of plastic jar packaging landscape, given that this region is the home to some of the thriving economies and flourishing industries.
The Broader Perspective
There is a considerable demand for packaging formats that are lightweight yet robust, thereby encouraging manufacturers to innovate on a persistent basis. Key brands offering plastic jar packaging are also investing in strategic alliances that will offer multimodal advantages, including organizational, economic, and strategic advantages.
How Growth will Unfold
Use of plastic packaging across various end use industries is growing by leaps and bounds, creating sustained opportunities for market players to reap profits. Increasing demand for flexible and functional packaging formats for easy handling and transportation is estimated to pave lucrative avenues for plastic jar packaging landscape.
PLASTIC JAR PACKAGING MARKET TAXONOMY
The global plastic jar packaging market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present complete market intelligence to the reader.
By Material Type
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Low-Density Polyethylene (LDPE)
- High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polystyrene (PS)
- Others (polycarbonate, polylactide etc.)
- Less than 10 Oz
- 11 – 30 Oz
- 31 – 60 Oz
- More than 61 Oz
By End Use
- Food and Beverages
- Personal Care & Cosmetics
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia
- Middle East & Africa