This Biopotential Sensor market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Biopotential Sensor market.
Biopotential Sensors Market: Introduction
The human nervous system utilizes the ebbing and flow of ions in order to communicate. The transportation of ions within nerve fibers can be measured on the skin surface using an electro-chemical sensor, commonly referred to as a surface recording electrode or a biopotential sensor. The primary purpose of the surface recording electrode is to act as a transducer between the electron flow in the copper wire that is integrated in the system and the ionic transport within and along the nerve fiber. Biopotential sensors are incorporated in the process to detect the small electrical signal emitted within the human body. These electrical signals detected by biopotential sensors are conditioned and forwarded to a microprocessor that calculates and stores the data. The microprocessor then commands the health monitoring device to display the data gathered. Such devices with integrated biopotential sensors are procured by users, fitness trainers and medical personnel in order to monitor fitness trend or determine the heath condition of a patient under observation. Some cardiac parameters that can be monitored using biopotential sensors include, R-R intervals and Electrocardiogram (ECG). Biopotential sensors produce ECG waveforms, bioimpedance measurement, and pacemaker edge and heart rate detection, which enable the medical authorities to calculate the patient’s respiration.
Manufacturers offer bioimpedance (BioZ) and biopotential AFE (Analog Front-end) solutions for cardiac health monitoring applications. These biopotential sensors facilitate ultra-low power operation, clinical-grade accuracy and enable long battery life when used for fitness applications. Manufacturers are also offering biopotential sensors in smaller wafer-level packages in order to support wearable medical applications, such as chest straps and wrist-worn fitness devices.
Biopotential Sensors Market: Drivers
Increasing advancements in life science and healthcare instrumentation are the primary factors driving the growth of the global biopotential sensor market. Availability of high-performance health monitoring devices integrated with efficient biopotential sensors is estimated to provide a boost to the growth of the global biopotential sensor market. Huge investments are being made by scientific research organizations and institutes, and hospitals in order to procure efficient equipment integrated with biopotential sensors. These investments are expected to facilitate a platform for the global biopotential sensor market to grow further. High adoption of biopotential sensors by wearable device manufacturers is also expected to propel the growth of the global biopotential sensor market during the forecast period.
Currently, medical applications of biopotential sensors account for a large market share in terms of value, due to the high adoption rate of patient monitoring devices in hospitals, clinics and dispensaries and other biological research institutions. However, fitness applications of biopotential sensors are estimated to record a relatively high growth rate in the global biopotential sensor market during the forecast period. This growth may be attributed to the ever-increasing disposable income and the consequent financial ease with which the population interested in fitness can procure such fitness-centric wearable devices.
Biopotential Sensors Market: Regional Outlook
High presence of manufacturers marketing their biopotential sensors in the North American market is anticipated to act as the primary driver for the biopotential sensor market in the region. Currently, the biopotential sensor market in North America holds a large share. Governments in Southeast Asian and other Asia Pacific economies are making investments in order to facilitate automated medical instrumentation equipment. These investments are anticipated to boost the growth of the biopotential sensor market in the region during the forecast period.
Biopotential Sensors Market: Market Participants
Examples of some of the key players operating in the biopotential sensor market include Maxim Integrated, OSRAM Opto Semiconductors, Plessey, Omron Corporation, Texas Instruments Incorporated, ON Semiconductor and Analog Devices Inc., among others. Among the key participants, Maxim Integrated holds a relatively high market share in the global biopotential sensor market.
The biopotential sensor market report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Biopotential sensor market segments
- Historical actual market size, 2013 – 2017
- Biopotential sensor market size & forecast 2018 to 2028
- Supply & demand value chain
- Biopotential sensor market current trends/issues/challenges
- Competition & companies involved
- Value chain
- Biopotential sensor market drivers and restraints
Regional analysis for the biopotential sensor market includes development of these systems in the following regions:
- North America
- U.S. & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Mexico, Others
- Western Europe
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Western Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Biopotential Sensor Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Biopotential Sensors Market: Segmentation
With regards to application, the global biopotential sensor market has been segmented into:
- Fitness Applications
- Chest straps
- Wrist-worn devices
- Medical Applications
- Arrhythmia detection patches
- Chest straps
- Remote patient monitoring systems
- ECG monitors
- Other wearable patient monitors
With regards to end use, the global biopotential sensor market has been segmented into:
- Personal fitness tracking
- Electrocardiogram measurements
- R-R tracking
- Other medical end uses
Biopotential sensor market report highlights:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Biopotential Sensor Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Biopotential Sensor Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Biopotential Sensor Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Biopotential Sensor Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.