This Rain Sensors market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Rain Sensors market.
Rain Sensors Market: Introduction
Rain sensors have been into existence since the latter half of the twentieth century in the market. However, observable traction of the product has been witnessed since the past few years. One of the major reason responsible for the sudden adoption of rain sensors was a demand for an automated wiper control in an automobile.
Rain sensors are sensors, functioning over varying technologies, which senses the presence of precipitation and offer the expected response against the same. The two major applications of rain sensors are the operation of wipers of an automobile automatically, and conservation of water during irrigational purposes.
Rain Sensors have witnessed significant traction over the past four years, owing to the increasing adoption of the same in automobiles and increasing awareness about conservation of water globally, amongst end-users. Because of the considerable growth opportunity associated with the market, complimented by the presence of an unaddressed market, rain sensors market is expected to exhibit a relatively slower double digit growth rate during the forecast period, in terms of value.
Rain Sensors Market: Dynamics
The increasing demand for automated features in a vehicle and a seamless driving experience, from the end-users, are some of the factors encouraging various Tier-1 automotive OEMs to adopt rain sensors in their automobiles. The low cost of the product and high availability in the market are also some of the key factors driving the adoption of rain sensors across the globe.
One of the recent trends witnessed in the global rain sensors market is the increasing manufacturing of optical based rain sensors. Thus, implementation of advanced technologies for offering enhanced features is impelling the growth of the global rain sensors market, in terms of value. Besides this, establishment of governmental regulations across various regions for the adoption of rain sensors has also boosted the adoption rate of rain sensors.
However, in contrary to the above situation, lack of awareness amongst various customers is expected to be the primary restraining factor for the global rain sensors market.
In conjunction, irrigation control and wiper control held more than 50% of the market share in 2017. Out of the two, wiper control segment is expected to exhibit the higher growth rate during the forecast period in the global rain sensors market.
Rain Sensors Market: Market Participants
Some of the key players in the rain sensors market are Schneider Electric, Robert Bosch GmbH, HELLA GmbH & Co. KGaA, K-Rain, ASSA ABLOY (Lockwood), PIC-CONTROL Pte. Ltd., GARDENA, Somfy, CLABER Spa, Kemo Electronic GmbH, Loxone Electronics GmbH and various others. The market for rain sensors, due to the presence of both established and new players, is expected to be moderately concentrated.
Various rain sensor providers are focusing on expanding their customer base and strengthening their position in the global rain sensors market by partnering with various Tier-1 automotive OEMs. For instance, automotive companies such as Volvo and Ford have adopted rain sensors in their automobiles for enabling automated wiper control with an intention of offering an enhanced driving experience to the end-user. Besides automotive industry, a high adoption of rain sensors for irrigation control is also witnessed in the market. For instance, the Florida passed a regulation for adopting rain sensors to conserve water.
Rain Sensors Market: Regional Overview
By geography, the rain sensors market has been segmented into North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, China, Japan, SEA and others in Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa. Among these regions, the North America is expected to dominate the global rain sensors market during the forecast period, due to maximum adoption of automobiles with rain sensors installed in them and the regulations passed by the government for installing rain sensors during the irrigation process for enabling the optimum consumption of water. The Asia Pacific (including Japan and China) and Europe are expected to follow the North America.
Asia Pacific (including China and Japan) is expected to exhibit the highest growth rate during the forecast period, owing to government initiatives, presence of a strong agriculture industry, and increasing adoption of autonomous & semi-autonomous vehicles in the region. Besides this, Latin America and MEA are expected to witness considerable growth rates during the forecast period.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Global market segments
- Global market dynamics
- Historical actual market size, 2013-2017
- Global market size & forecast 2018-2028
- Supply & demand value chain for market
- Global market current trends/issues/challenges
- Competition & companies involved in market
- Value Chain
- Global market drivers and restraints
Regional analysis for Global Rain Sensors market includes
- North America market
- Latin America market
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe market
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe market
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- SEA and other Asia Pacific countries market
- Rest of SEA and other Asia Pacific countries
- Japan market
- China market
- Middle East and Africa market
- GCC Countries
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Rain Sensors Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Rain Sensors Market: Segmentation
On the basis of installation type, the rain sensors market has been segmented as:
- In-a-Network rain sensors
- Standalone rain sensors
Attributing to the higher adoption of standalone rain sensors in automobiles, the segment is expected to witness a double digit growth rate during the forecast period.
On the basis of technology, the rain sensors market has been segmented as:
Mechanical and optical based rain sensors have witnessed a higher adoption in the past four years. However, due to the advantages, such as higher precision & accuracy and faster response time, associated with the segment, optical segment is expected to exhibit the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
On the basis of application, the rain sensors market has been segmented as:
- Condensation Sensing
- Drop Detection
- Irrigation Control
- Wiper Control
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Rain Sensors Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Rain Sensors Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Rain Sensors Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Rain Sensors Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.