Boron Trifluoride & Complexes Market - Key Research Findings
- The global boron trifluoride & complexes market is estimated to be valued at ~ US$ 233 Mn by the end of 2019.
- The global boron trifluoride & complexes market is projected to grow at a CAGR of ~ 5% during the forecast period of 2019-2029.
- The Asia Pacific excluding Japan region is estimated to be a lucrative platform for manufacturers of boron trifluoride & complexes in the near future.
- There have been significant investments in new production plants for pharmaceutical manufacturing in India. This is because the cost of setting up a production plant in India is much lower as compared to western countries.
- Industrial landscape in Asia Pacific is booming at a significant growth rate, which in turn, is expected to drive the APEJ boron trifluoride & complexes market growth.
- Boron trifluoride di ethyl etherate is estimated to hold ~20% share in the global market.
- The catalyst segment is estimated to create incremental $ opportunity of more than ~100 Mn over the forecast period.
Key Factors Shaping the Boron Trifluoride & Complexes Market
Increased Focus on Environment-friendly Methods of BF3 Gas Manufacturing
Decline in the consumption of sulphuric acid and oleum as raw materials in the manufacturing of boron trifluoride has been a recent trend with regards to technological developments. Sustainable demand for green products is estimated to fuel the global boron trifluoride & complexes market over the forecast period.
Rise in the Use of Boron Trifluoride in the Complexes Form
The use of boron trifluoride in its complex form has offered many advantages as compared to the highly pressured gas form. In the complex form, BF3 could be released under preferred conditions. Complexes are available in liquid or solid forms and are more convenient and easy to use than the gaseous form. Boron trifluoride has a unique ability to associate and form complexes with a number of organic solvents, therefore, a number of different boron trifluoride complexes are available for use.
Boron trifluoride complexes are versatile reaction reagents. By altering the coordinating reagent, specific properties such as its affinity can be manipulated according to tailor-specific applications.
High Demand for Specialty Gases in the Semiconductor and Electronics Industry
A number of manufacturers are focusing on the development of boron trifluoride for its use in electronics and semiconductor manufacturing industries. The semiconductor industry requires specialty gases for various processes such as etching, doping, purging, and sputtering amongst others. Boron trifluoride especially in the gaseous form is expected to create significant demand from the semiconductor industry
Growth of End-Use Industries in Developing Economies
With growing local and foreign direct investments in various end-use industries such as agrochemicals, across emerging economies, there has been a growing demand for boron trifluoride in the region. In 2012, Unitec Semiconductor S.A. announced the expansion of its modern semiconductor facility in Southern Hemisphere, Latin America.
On the other hand, major demand in the Middle East and Africa region is anticipated to come from the petrochemicals segment, which is anticipated to create lucrative opportunity in the region as a catalyst for the manufacturing of hydrocarbons on a large scale.
Boron Trifluoride & Complexes Market Structure Analysis
- The global boron trifluoride & complexes market is a fairly fragmented market.
- As the market has a number of players in the boron trifluoride market, major players are focusing on providing customized complexes as per requirement for specific applications. By altering the coordinating reagents, the required properties could be modified such as acidity and complexes can be chosen according to compatibility with other chemicals across various end-use industries.
- Increasing emphasis on research and development activities to launch newly innovated products is estimated to propel the global boron trifluoride & complexes market growth.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
- BF3 Gas
- BF3 Di Ethyl Etherate
- BF3 Tetrahydrofuran Complex
- BF3 Methanol Complex
- BF3 acetonitrile Complex
- Chemical Intermediate
- Polymers and Petrochemicals
- North America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe