This Canned Food Packaging market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Canned Food Packaging market.
Food is an integral part of the life, and thus the behavioral aspect of the consumers towards food changes drastically. Food is a preferred item depending on the various external aspects such as color, taste, presentation and hygiene. Thus packaging plays the vital role to fulfill the needs of the customers. To attract the customers various packaging companies innovate and design different types of packaging. Metal cans are one of the types of food packaging which facilitate the distribution and storage of the food. Canned food or processed food is a good source of nutrients and protect the food from external conditions and provide hygienic canned food. The most traditional form of the canned food is metal packaging. It is popularly used the type of packaging as it is convenient to use, easy to transport and safe to consume. The canned food thus is available in various sizes, shapes, and styles.
Global canned food packaging: market dynamics
The market for the canned food packaging is driven by the recyclable and reusable properties of the cans, nutritional value and hygienic food process. Due to growth in the busy schedules and hectic lifestyle, increase in the demand for the packaged or processed food, and availability of various convenient food option such as ready to eat, ready to cook, ready to serve and ready to heat, all are the factors that are expected to propel the growth of global canned food packaging market. Increasing urbanization, rising household income and growing demand for the milk-based products such as cheese, and ice-cream are expected to increase the demand of canned food packaging during the forecast period. Moreover, the macroeconomic factors favoring the global canned food packaging market consist of changing lifestyle, growth in the disposable income, decreasing prices of the packaged or canned food items making them affordable for the use, and also easy availability of canned food with various taste preferences and choices are projected to gain traction in the forecast period 2027-2027.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
However, major restraining factors affecting the global canned food packaging market are an availability of alternative packaging solutions, the high cost of metals, an introduction of polyethylene terephthalate and high-density polyethylene materials. The presence of chemical named BPA used to avoid reaction of food with the inner surface of the metal is subject to concern about the health of the users. Moreover, lack of microwavable capability and cost effectiveness of alternative materials affects the growth of canned food packaging market. Changing customer preference is a dynamic problem faced by the processed food manufacturers as it is unpredictable and thus constant innovation has to be made to attract them.
Global canned food packaging: segment overview
By the type of food, the canned food packaging market is expected to be driven by the canned fish and meat segment due to increasing consumption of fish and meat products in recent years. The canned ready meals are also gaining traction due to urbanizations, changing taste preferences of the customers, and popularity in the working women. By the raw materials used for the cans, the aluminum metal gains traction due to a provision of safety and protection from the external factors such as heat, pollution. Based on different types of cans, there are three types of cans used for the food packaging. The 3-piece, 2-piece cans and open top sanitary cans. Based on the preservation techniques used to preserve the food in the cans, the global canned food packaging market is segmented into pressurized and vacuum cans to increase the shelf life of the food and to maintain its color and taste.
Global canned food packaging: Regional overview
Regionally, the global canned food packaging market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, Japan and the Middle East and Africa. North America and Europe owing to high consumption of canned food and presence of a large number of food industries dominate the market at the global level. Asia Pacific due to growing number of interested investors investing in the development of industries and increase in production and consumption capacity in these regions are expected to gain traction in the forecast period.
Global canned food packaging: market players
The prominent players in the canned food packaging market are Ball Corporation, Del Monte Foods, Inc., Crown Holdings, Amcor Limited, Anchor Glass Container Corporation, and Siligan containers.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, type of product and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil and Rest of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg and Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia and Rest of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, and Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Canned Food Packaging Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global canned food packaging: segmentation
By Type of food, the canned food packaging market is segmented into:
- Canned fish and seafood
- Canned vegetables
- Canned meat products
- Canned fruits
- Canned ready meals
- Milk and sauces
- Beans and legumes
By Distribution Channel, the global canned food packaging market is segmented into
- Supermarkets and hypermarkets
- Independent retailers
- Convenience stores
- Specialist retailers
By raw material, the global canned food packaging market is segmented into:
- Aluminum packaging
- Steel packaging
- Tinplate packaging
By types of can, the global canned food packaging market is segmented into
- 3-piece welded food cans
- 2-piece food cans
- DRD cans (drawn- redrawn)
- Drawn wall-ironed (DWI)
- Single drawn
- Open top sanitary can
By Preservation technique, the global canned food packaging market is segmented into:
- Pressurized cans
- Vacuum cans
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Canned Food Packaging Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Canned Food Packaging Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Canned Food Packaging Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Canned Food Packaging Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)