This Cement Boards market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Cement Boards market.
Cement Boards Market: Introduction
Cement boards are used as a backing for tiles. They are water resistant and are typically preferred in areas that are prone to water exposure. Cement boards add strength to various supporting structures. The various instances where cement boards are used include making place for new tiles on existing wood floors, on top of cabinets to create counter tops, and on walls for providing a substrate for the application of plaster. Various types of cement boards such as fiber cement boards, wood wool cement boards, and wood strand cement boards are used in a wide range applications.
The global cement boards market is expected to witness moderate growth in the next few years. The growth of the construction industry, urbanization, and modernization demand highly durable and impact-resistant cement boards. These factors are projected to create favorable scenario for the growth of cement boards market.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Cement Boards Market: Dynamics
Increasing population, job-driven migration, and improving purchasing power in emerging economies is driving rapid urbanization. Such mass urbanization demands construction of new residential, commercial and public infrastructure. Cement boards provide durable structure to buildings and construction projects. Key beneficial properties of cement boards include fire resistance, moisture resistance, impact resistance, and easy to handle and install. These properties make them preferable for various applications such as floors and roofs, ceilings, exterior and partition walls, facades, fire resistant furniture, etc. The furniture sector follows the construction industry in terms of the use of cement boards.
Various types of cement boards such as fiber cement boards, wood wool cement boards, wood strand cement boards, and cement bonded particle boards make them suitable for different climatic conditions, and also for various applications such as permanent shuttering and the insulation of concrete. There are opportunities for growth in the cement board industry, such as the need for durable building products in areas prone to natural disasters. Also, environmental policies regarding reduced hazardous chemicals make cement boards even more preferable than concrete. Cement boards are environment friendly, and low-carbon cement product alternative.
However, the comparatively higher initial costs of cement boards and the fact that they are also bulky in weight can restrain its market growth to some extent.
Cement Boards: Market Participants
Some of the leading players in the cement boards market include James Hardie, Etex Group, Cembrit, Elementia, Everest Industries, Mahaphant, Saint Gobain, SCG Building Materials, Soben Board, PENNY PANEL, Hume Cemboard Industries, Soben International Ltd, and Sanle Building Materials Group, among others.
These market players focus on innovation in production technologies to improve their efficiency and expand their sales in the global market by investing in new distribution channels. Market players partner with various solution providers to launch new products in the market. For instance, James Hardie Building Products Company partnered with a homebuilder company, Colorado-based Century Communities, in October 2018.
Cement Boards Market: Regional Overview
Increasing population, presence of several fast growing economies, and urbanization is leading to the growth of the building & construction industry in Asia Pacific. Due to the healthy growing rate of the construction industry, Asia Pacific is estimated to witness significant growth in the cement boards market. High investments being made in residential and commercial construction in countries such as China, Japan, Taiwan, India, and Malaysia are leading to the growth of the cement boards market. Also, environmental policies such as regulations related to the emission of volatile organic compounds are being implemented in this region, and can drive the usage of cement board types, such as fiber cement boards and cement bonded particle boards.
The construction industry in the Middle East and Africa is expected to witness significant growth in the next few years. Due to the growth of the construction industry, the cement boards market in this region is expected to witness significant growth. The residential sector in North America and commercial sector in Europe primarily drive the cement boards markets in these regions.
The Cement Boards report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report on Cement Boards provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on Cement Boards market segments and geographies.
The Report Covers Exhaustive Analysis On:
- Cement Boards Market Segments
- Cement Boards Market Dynamics
- Cement Boards Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved
- Value Chain
- Cement Boards Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional Analysis Includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Rest of LATAM)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX, Eastern Europe, Rest of Europe)
- CIS & Russia
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (Greater China, India, South Korea, ASEAN Countries, Rest of APEJ)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Iran, Israel, S. Africa, Rest of MEA)
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Cement Boards Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Cement Boards Market: Segmentation
Depending upon the construction type, the cements boards market can be segmented as:
- Commercial Buildings
- Residential Buildings
Based on type, the cement boards market can be segmented as:
- Fiber Cement Boards
- Cement Bonded Particle Boards
- Wood Wool Cement Boards
- Wood Strand Cement Boards
Depending upon application, the cement boards market can be segmented as:
- Fire Resistant Construction
- Flooring Applications
- External Siding
- Permanent Shuttering
- Thermal Insulation
- Partition Walls
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Cement Boards Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Cement Boards Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Cement Boards Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Cement Boards Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.