This Contact Cement market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Contact Cement market.
Global Contact Cement Market: Introduction
Contact cement is a high strength contact adhesive formulated to provide an instant permanent bond between two matting surfaces. Contact cements are used for binding almost all substances including metal, wood, leather, ceramic, rubber, etc. They are also known as drying adhesives. Contact cement is made from elastic polymers such as latex, neoprene or modified chloroprene synthetic rubber, which are dissolved and suspended in volatile solvents such as toluene, hexane, acetone, etc. Contact cements are waterborne contact adhesives that provide strong and tough bonds with excellent hot-creep resistance.
Due to their strength and resistance towards heat and water they are widely used across various industries for diverse applications. Contact cement creates fast, flexible and permanent bonds that can be used for almost everything however, it is especially utilized for nonporous laminating flat mating surfaces. Contact cement is either solvent based or water based, water based is often being called green or solvent free cement due to no presence of VOCs.
Global Contact Cement Market: Dynamics
Instant bonding characteristic along with tough, permanent & high bond strength with resistance to heat, water, oil and chemicals are the driving factors for the growth of the contact cement market. Moreover, contact cement also has excellent resistance towards weather and moisture, which is another key driving factor for its application in the automotive and leather industries. Growing urbanization in the emerging countries is one of the prime driving factors for the growth of the contact cement market growth.
Solvent-based contact cement is preferred over water-based contact cement due to high strength and greater durability. However, solvent-based contact cement releases volatile organic compounds which are regulated by stringent environmental regulations, such as U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, which are likely to hamper the growth of the solvent-based contact cement market.
Water-based contact cement is used as an alternative for solvent-based contact cement, they provide higher bonding strength and can withstand higher temperature compared to solvent-based contact cement however, they have limited applications as they cannot be used for metal bonding and with materials subjected to continual heavy loads. Water-based contact cements are non-toxic and environmentally friendly hence expected to expand at a significant rate over the forecast period. Although water-based contact cements are more expensive compared to solvent based contact cement, they provide almost three times greater coverage than the solvent-based contact cement.
Rising environmental concern and technological advancement are expected to drive the demand for water-based contact cement in various end-use industries, such as automobile and footwear industries, among others thus, driving the growth of the global water-based contact cement market over the forecast period.
Global Contact Cement Market: Regional Outlook
Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global contact cement market. Expansion of automotive and building & construction industries along with the increase in disposable income of middle-class families is one of the prime factors expected to drive the demand for contact cement over the forecast period. Favorable economic conditions and growing regional demand along with low labor cost and easy availability of raw material are expected to boost the contact cement market in India and China. North America and Europe contact cement market are projected to be followed by Asia Pacific, with increase in demand due to rise in construction and repair & maintenance activities. Stringent environment rules and regulations in North America and Europe is expected to drive the demand for water-based contact cement. Latin America and MEA contact cement market are expected to expand at relatively slower pace over the forecast period due to economic slowdown and volatile crude oil prices over the past few years.
Global Contact Cement Market: Key Players
Examples of some of the market participants operating in the global contact cement market are as follows:
- Lancos Puerto Rico.
- DAP Products Inc.
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- CP Adhesives Group
- Illinois Tool Works Inc.
- Inpro Corporation
- Wilsonart LLC
- Polystick LTD
- Arkema Group
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Contact Cement Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Contact Cement Market: Segmentation
Based on product type, the global contact cement market can be segmented as:
- Solvent Based Contact Cement
- Water Based Contact Cement
Based on end-use industry, the global contact cement market can be segmented as:
- Building and Construction
- Wood & Furniture
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Contact Cement Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Contact Cement Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Contact Cement Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Contact Cement Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.