Content Delivery Network Market - Key Research Findings
- The global content delivery network market was valued at ~US$ 7 Bn in 2018.
- The content delivery network market is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~19% during the forecast period of 2019-2029.
- Rapid improvements in the broadband infrastructure of countries around the world have significantly accelerated the broadband speed, which in turn, is boosting the growth of the content delivery network market.
- Increasing internet penetration and affordability of broadband services have led to the rising demand for rich media content via various devices. Thng p is aimed to offer cost is is anticipated to boost the adoption of content delivery network over the forecast period.
- North America remains a prominent region for the content delivery network market, which is expected to account for a market share of ~44% in 2019. However, high growth opportunities are expected in APEJ (Asia Pacific Excluding Japan), which is set to expand at a CAGR of ~25% during 2019-2029.
- India, China, and ASEAN countries are anticipated to create potential growth opportunities for the content delivery network market, owing to the strong economic growth of these countries, increasing penetration of smart devices, and rising adoption of cloud-based solutions and services.
- Adoption of content delivery network is gaining significant momentum among media and entertainment companies, with the proliferation of real-time video streaming. According to FMI Analysis, most of the content delivery network providers are focusing on partnerships with cloud and AI vendors to provide customers with best possible online entertainment experiences.
- For instance, in April 2019, Akamai announced its partnership with Microsoft to integrate Akamai’s content delivery network capabilities with Microsoft Azure Media Services. This partnership is aimed to offer cost-effective solutions to media organizations by combining cloud-based video processing with edge delivery.
Key Factors Shaping the Content Delivery Network (CDN) Market
Growing Consumption of Online Video Content
As the daily consumption of video content shifts from conventional (cable and DTH) to internet-based streaming platform, various companies are entering the OTT services space in order to tap into rapidly growing market. The result is likely to create potential growth opportunities for the content delivery network market players.
Moreover, increasing internet traffic is placing an additional pressure on organizations and OTT service providers to ensure optimal quality and provide enhanced end-user experiences.
Thus, content delivery network service providers are expected to have an upper hand in providing means to deliver content at moderate costs. Apart from this, increasing investments by government in various developing economies such as India and China in digitalizing IT infrastructure are key factors propelling the growth of the content delivery network market.
Rising Deployment of IoT and Growing Consumption of Connected Devices
Evolution of transformative technologies and increasing capabilities of such technologies are creating potential growth opportunities for the content delivery network market. Moreover, growing consumption of connected devices across the globe is resulting in growth of the IoT market. These connected devices communicate with each other for getting server-based resources via the internet. This leads to increasing load on the network and thus, creating the demand for content delivery network.
Content Delivery Network Market Structure Analysis
- The global content delivery network market shows a high level of consolidation, with top players holding a major portion of the market. Most of the top players are focusing on partnerships with cloud and telecommunication service providers, in order to make its customers embrace the cloud technology and leverage the advanced technologies and solutions. Through these partnerships and collaborations, the content delivery network providers in market can strengthen their market position and target a stronger global footprint.
- Tier-1 players in the content delivery network market account for ~70% of the overall market share. Players in this tier such as Akamai, ChinaCache, Limelight, Level3, and Amazon Web Services are the largest and most experienced in the industry, with a significant regional coverage across the globe.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Content Delivery Network Market: Segmentation
The global content delivery network market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present a complete market intelligence approach to the reader.
- Designing, Testing and Vertical
- Bundled Suite
- Individual Module
- Digital Rights Management
- CDN Delivery
- CDN Analytics & Monitoring
- Transparent Caching
- Managed Services
- Consulting Services
- Media Distribution/Delivery
- Software Distribution/Delivery
- Website Caching
- Media & Entertainment
- IT & Telecom
- Telecom CDN
- Conventional CDN
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan
- Middle East & Africa