This Cytogenetic Systems market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Cytogenetic Systems market.
Cytogenetics is a branch of genetics dealing with the study of number and structure of human and animal chromosomes. It offers various applications in terms of diagnosis and treatment of diseases such as cancer and genetic disorders such as Down syndrome and Cri du Chat syndrome. Cytogenetic systems are the equipment designed to carry out cytogenetic analyses. It can help detect risk of common aneuploidies (phenomenon of having extra or missing chromosomes) and syndromes due to chromosomal structural abnormalities. Diagnosis and treatment of many leukemias, lymphomas, and solid tumors depends on cytogenetic analysis of specific chromosomal anomalies. The major techniques of cytogenetic testing include fluorescence in-situ hybridization, multiplex-fluorescence in situ hybridization, comparative genomic hybridization and flow cytometry. The samples for the chromosomal analysis can be collected from peripheral blood, bone marrow, lymphomas and solid tumors. Under the technique of fluorescence in-situ hybridization, fluorescent molecules are developed to bind directly or via an intermediate molecule to DNA. In addition to the diagnosis of disease, cytogenetics involve applications such as gene mapping, marker chromosome identification, total chromosome analysis, translocation analysis, unique sequence DNA detection, microdeletion syndrome analysis and gene amplification analysis.
Cytogenetic Systems Market: Drivers and Restraints
The key contributor to the growth of global Cytogenetic Systems market is rising demand of early diagnosis of severe life threatening diseases such as cancer and diagnosis of disorders due to chromosomal anomalies in developing embryos. Moreover, expansion of geriatric population pool, rising exposure to dangerous chemicals and ultraviolet rays, increase in numbers of people adopting bad habits such as smoking and drinking and the sedentary lifestyle is fuelling the market growth. There are some factors which may slow down the market growth rate including technical limitations and complexities associated with the equipment, lack of awareness about advanced technological methodologies especially in low and middle income countries and high cost of sophisticated devices.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Cytogenetic Systems Market: Overview
Global cytogenetic systems market is highly fragmented with the presence of multiple players. Several collaborations and acquisitions focused on cytogenetic products have been reported recently such as Biological Industries USA, Inc. (BI?USA) collaborated with Rainbow Scientific, Inc. to co?promote and sell BI-USA’s range of cytogenetic products, Roche and PerkinElmer entered into a new agreement for distribution of a PerkinElmer’s cytogenetic system and BioDot and ADS Biotec teamed up to market the CellWriter Workstation in Europe. According to the WHO data, around 250,000 families in the USA are affected by Down syndrome, 20-30% of all infant deaths across the globe are due to genetic disorders and 30-50% of post-neonatal deaths are due to congenital malformations. According to the statistics of the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), in 2012, around 14.1 million new cancer cases and 8.2 million cancer deaths were reported worldwide. The numbers of new cancer cases and deaths due to cancers are expected to grow to 21.7 million and 13 million by 2030. The future burden may be even larger because of the adoption of sedentary lifestyles and bad habits such as smoking, poor diet, physical inactivity in developing countries.
Cytogenetic Systems Market: Region-wise Outlook
Geographically, cytogenetic systems Market is segmented into regions viz. North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific excluding Japan, Japan, Middle East and Africa. Currently, North America is the largest cytogenetic systemsmarket followed by Europe. The market is growing in these regions because of rising awareness about molecular cytogenetics, growing number of diagnostic laboratories and research institutions focused on cytogenetics. Asia Pacific may report a rapid market growth owing to presence of a huge population in need, high birth rate, rising caseload of pre and postnatal disorders and increasing number of cases of different types of cancer.
Cytogenetic Systems Market: Key Players
Some of the players in the global Cytogenetic Systems Market include ADS Biotec Inc., Genial Genetics, Laboratory Imaging s.r.o., MetaSystems, Agilent Technologies, Cytocell Ltd, Leica Biosystems Nussloch GmbH, Applied Spectral Imaging, Irvine Scientific, PerkinElmer Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. and Abbott Laboratories.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil and Rest of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg and Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia and Rest of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, and Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Cytogenetic Systems Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Cytogenetic Systems Market: Segmentation
Global Cytogenetic Systems Market has been segmented on the basis of technologies, applications, end users and region.
Based on technologies, the global Cytogenetic systems market is segmented into:
- Flow cytometry
- Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization (FISH)
- Multiplex- Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization (M-FISH)
- Comparative Genomic Hybridization (CGH)
Based on applications, the global cytogenetic systems market is segmented into:
- Genetic Disorders
- Neoplastic Diseases
- Personalized Medicine
Based on end users, the global Cytogenetic Systems Market is segmented into:
- Diagnostic Laboratory Centers
- Research Institutes
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth Polishing / Lapping Film market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Cytogenetic Systems Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Cytogenetic Systems Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Cytogenetic Systems Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Cytogenetic Systems Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)