This Desktop Outsourcing market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Desktop Outsourcing market.
Over the past two decades, traditional desktop computing has become more complex. Desktop outsourcing is related with external service providers, which offers processes, methodologies, tools sets, and capabilities relating to the management of printers, laptops, desktop computers, print servers, and application servers. Many companies provides major components with desktop outsourcing, such as application delivery, service/helpdesk, system management, and security.
New business entrants are increasing, and every small and big organization needs IT infrastructure to work with. Thus, the growth of the IT device market is advancing over the past two decades. Nowadays, organizations are more focused on providing Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) to their employees as well as clients to ensure a better place to work. Desktop outsourcing is one of the essential parts of any organization in the IT infrastructure. In desktop outsourcing, the organization makes a contract with third-party service providers to manage and maintain its IT infrastructure. Deals can vary from computer hardware and software maintenance, SaaS implementations, and IaaS implementations. Contracts for desktop outsourcing can be conducted for schools, offices, colleges, banks and many more.
The adoption of desktop outsourcing is growing due to reduction of staffing costs, core competency and routine maintenance, repairs, and upgrades associated with managing multitudes of PCs and servers. Desktop outsourcing is adopted by many organizations to reduce the cost of maintenance and also to simplify the organizations' structure. Desktop outsourcing is adopted by many industries, due to its several features. Smaller companies face problems to outsource their desktop at as set price per machine, than creating an entire internal IT department. The desktop outsourcing market is also driven by the decreasing price of hardware, so making the replacement of desktop is more favourable than repairs. So, the desktop outsourcers are offering broader and quality as a service to consumers.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Global Desktop Outsourcing Market: Drivers and Challenges
Desktop outsourcing is adopted by several organizations, due to its low maintenance costs, which is the primary factor expected to drive the growth of the desktop outsourcing market. The desktop outsourcing vendor’s also provides advanced security features, which helps organisation’s to install desktops and other IT infrastructure. Similarly, the interest in IT asset management and software distribution technology has increased from the past two decades, which is also expected drive the growth of the desktop outsourcing market.
While outsourcing desktops or any IT infrastructure, the maintenance costs would be low but the initial cost of installing any IT infrastructure in an organization is high. Desktop outsourcing to foreign countries involves hidden costs, such as travel expenses and creating an infrastructure to manage operations, which may hamper the growth of the desktop outsourcing market to some extent.
Global Desktop Outsourcing Market: Key Players
Examples of some of the key players operating in the global desktop outsourcing market are Atos Corporation, DXC Technology Company, International Business Machines (IBM) Corporation, Dell Inc., Accenture, HCL Technologies Limited, Infosys Limited, Cognizant, and NTT Data Corporation.
Global Desktop Outsourcing Market: Regional Overview
On the basis of geography, North America is expected to capture a large share in the global market, owing to well-developed desktop outsourcing developing companies, and presence of various innovative technologies in the region. Europe is also expected to gain substantial share in the global market due to the introduction of new technologies and applications. APAC is expected to be the fast-growing desktop outsourcing market, owing to the governmental initiatives being taken towards the improvement of technology by emerging economies such as India and China.
The desktop outsourcing markets in Latin America and MEA are also expected to witness high growth rate in the coming period, due to increase in the demand for IT infrastructure in organisations.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Global Desktop Outsourcing Market Segments
- Global Desktop Outsourcing Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013–2017
- Global Desktop Outsourcing Market Size & Forecast, 2018 to 2028
- Supply & Demand Value Chain for the Desktop Outsourcing Market
- Global Desktop Outsourcing Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved in the Desktop Outsourcing Market
- Desktop Outsourcing Market Solutions Technology
- Value Chain of the Desktop Outsourcing Market
- Global Desktop Outsourcing Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional Analysis for the Global Desktop Outsourcing Market includes:
- North America Desktop Outsourcing Market
- Latin America Desktop Outsourcing Market
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe Desktop Outsourcing Market
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe Desktop Outsourcing Market
- SEA & Others of APAC Desktop Outsourcing Market
- Australia and New Zealand (A&NZ)
- Rest of SEA & Others of APAC
- Japan Desktop Outsourcing Market
- China Desktop Outsourcing Market
- Middle East and Africa Desktop Outsourcing Market
- GCC Countries
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Desktop Outsourcing Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Desktop Outsourcing Market: Segmentation
Segmentation of the Desktop Outsourcing Market on the Basis of Sales Channels:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Desktop Outsourcing Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Desktop Outsourcing Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Desktop Outsourcing Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Desktop Outsourcing Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.