This Dodder Seed market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Dodder Seed market.
Dodder Seed Market Outlook
Dodder seed also known as Tu Si Zi or cuscuta seed widely, is a round, ovate or obovate fruit of a plant, dodder plant. Dodder seed is yellowish or crimson in colour and is mostly used in ground form. Dodder plant is considered to have originated from East Asia and is widely grown in China. The extract of the dodder seed is prominently used in Chinese herbal medicine. There are various species of dodder seed plant that can be distinguish on the basis of the dodder seed size and colour. Dodder seed plant is a difficult plant to eradicate and is declared as noxious weed in some parts of the world. Dodder seed has other names such as Semen Cuscutae, witch’s hair, devil’s gut, hailweed, hairweed, etc.
Increasing Consumption of Plant-derived Materials and Herbal Medicine is driving the Sales of the Dodder Seed and Dodder Seed Extract in the Global Market
Global dodder seed market is majorly driven by the use in the Chinese and Japanese herbal medicine. Harvested dodder seed is made into fine powder and is used to make tablets and capsules. Traditional uses of dodder seed is to treat osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, and general muscular pain. Also, in Ayurveda dodder seed is prescribed to treat jaundice, where it acts as a mild laxative and analgesic. Additionally, dodder seed is used in nourishing liver and kidney functions, eye discomforts, infertility treatments, diarrhea due to weak digestive abilities, and relieving symptoms of vitiligo.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
With the increasing popularity of plant-based materials and increasing awareness about the benefits of the Chinese herbal medicines, dodder seed consumption in the world is increasing. Many key players in the Chinese and Japanese traditional medicines are making attempts to introduce these medicines in the Western market. And with increasing expenditure on the research and developments, dodder seeds are getting acknowledge in the western medicine culture. Increasing consumer awareness about the health benefits of the dodder seed is boosting the sales in the global dodder seed market.
Increasing research and development activities and increasing expenditure on the R&D is expanding the application portfolio of the dodder seed in the niche industry such as cosmetics and personal care products. Dodder seed is used in cream and lotion to treat dermatological conditions, however the use is to a lesser extent. The sales of the cosmetics and personal care products around the world is increasing enormously due to the emergence of the new cosmetics companies and strategic expansion of big cosmetic brands. The increasing cosmetics and personal care brands is likely to create opportunity for dodder seed and dodder seed extracts in the global market.
Dodder Seed Market: Regional Analysis
At present, global dodder seed market is majorly occupied by the Asian market, owing to the long standing traditional market and presence of the key players. North American and European market is expected to record the highest CAGR over the forecast period. The increased adoption of herbal medicines and plant-based materials is expected to drive the demand in these regions.
Dodder Seed Market: Key Participants
Some of the market participants in the dodder seed market are:
- Nutra Green Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- Novoherb Technologies
- Jiaherb, Inc.
- Linden Botanicals
- Xi’an Realin Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- Yan’an Pharmaceuticals Co., Ltd.
- My Herb
- Hangzhou Botanical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Parchem Fine & Specialty Chemicals
- Evergreen Biotech Inc.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the Dodder seed market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as form, nature, and end use.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Dodder Seed Market Segments
- Dodder Seed Market Dynamics
- Dodder Seed Market Size
- Dodder Seed Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to Dodder Seed Market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in Dodder Seed Market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of Dodder Seed
- Value Chain Analysis of the Dodder Seed Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Dodder Seed Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Dodder Seed Market Segmentation
The Dodder seed market can be segmented on the basis of type, nature and end use.
On the basis of type, the dodder seed market can be segmented as:
- Chinese Dodder Seed
- Australian Dodder Seed
- California Dodder Seed
On the basis of nature, the dodder seed market can be segmented as:
On the basis of end use, the dodder seed market can be segmented as:
- Herbal Medicine
- Dietary Supplements
- Personal Care and Cosmetics
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the dodder seed market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the dodder seed market
- Competitive landscape of the dodder seed market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on dodder seed market performance
- Must-have information for dodder seed market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint