This Ecotels A Way To Green Sustainable Tourism market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Ecotels A Way To Green Sustainable Tourism market.
Ecotel is a new concept in hospitality that claims to work for environment preservation and protection. Hotels must have to pass a detailed inspection and satisfy standard criteria designed by environmental authorities to become eco-certified. The Ecotel is a hallmark representing environmentally sustainable hotels, initiated by HVS, a global consulting giant in the hospitality sector. While most of the certifications pertaining to environment sustainability emphasize on building physical structures and hotels, Ecotel focusses more on the operational part of the hotels.
The Ecotel certification is based on five key areas – water conservation, energy conservation, employee environmental education, solid waste management, and environmental commitment. The Ecotel certification enables the hotel to become sustainable and green by involving the total value chain of architects, suppliers, employees, owners, operators, and guests. Sustainable tourism is a broader concept; it covers all types of destinations and travel, from remote forests to bustling cities and from backpacking to luxury.
Ecotels- A Way to Green Sustainable Tourism: Drivers
The concept of green tourism is becoming popular globally and this is expected to drive the market for Ecotel certification shortly. Most of the tourists and travellers across the globe are aware of the concept of Ecotel hotels. Hotel guests are becoming more conscious about environment problems, and many among such guests have started considering these problems while making a choice for accommodation. These tourists like to contribute in the act of environment preservation. Ecotels are the trend setters in the tourism and hospitality industry, where the hotel guests want to participate in the green practices. The procedures and standards laid by eco-friendly Ecotel hotels are being implemented by most of the tourism wings such as resorts, hotels, restaurants, industrial catering, travel and trade, motels, etc. All these tourism wings encourage the guest participation as well, which is expected to generate awareness about the Ecotel hotels and sustainable practices.
In such Ecotel hotels, the concept of reduce, reuse and recycle is strictly applied to water management. The usage of electricity is also reduced by the use of LED lamps, green button, fussy logic systems, etc. The rising awareness about global warming and other environmental ill effects among the tourists is generating the demand for Ecotels.
Ecotels- A Way to Green Sustainable Tourism: Restraints
It is estimated that the construction cost of Ecotel hotels is approximately 10% - 15% higher than regular hotels. However, Ecotels try to consistently demonstrate a focussed effort on waste reduction and increased operational efficiency. The extra features such as the green button, building management systems, sewage treatment plant, CFL and LED lamps, de-super heater, cool deck, fly ash bricks, vermicompost pit, etc. have to be incorporated during the initial stage of construction. This adds on to the overall construction cost of the hotel. However, some leading global players are investing heavily in Ecotel hotels anticipating the long-term savings and related benefits. The tag of Ecotel hotels is expected to attract travellers and tourists who believe in the concept of responsible tourism. The strict environmental regulations and rules can act as a challenge for the construction of Ecotel hotels in environmentally sensitive areas as these hotels need to be constructed keeping in mind the eco norms of the local area.
Ecotels- A Way to Green Sustainable Tourism: Key Regions
The Ecotels is an exclusive group of hotels, international inns, and resorts that define the concept of responsibility towards the environment in the hospitality industry. This collection started in 1994 with the world’s first Ecotel certified hotel named as the New York Vista Hotel. Few of the Ecotel service providers include Hilton Tokyo Bay in Japan, The Orchid in Mumbai, The Benjamin in U.S., Lapo Rios in Costa Rica, etc. The Orchid hotel is Asia’s first Ecotel five star hotel located in Mumbai, India. Ecotel members realise great benefits as there is improvement in the value of the business owing to heightened exposure in the market, better staff morale and good control of operational expenses. Ecotel hotels also serve various tradition following eco-tourists, business travellers and Fortune 500 companies that have advanced environmental programmes as an integral part of their corporate cultures.
This comprehensive report equips readers with lucid information and analysis on the sector. Future Market Insights’ experienced travel and tourism analysts bring to you accurate and unbiased information to help you make crucial decisions with confidence.
The report offers a 360° view – bringing to the fore key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges prevailing in the sector. To offer readers actionable insights, detailed information on historical trends, current scenario, and future projections is provided in the report.
The report specifically focusses on the leading companies operating in this sector, highlighting their key developmental strategies. A holistic analysis of the leading players is highlighted to help decision makers understand the overall competitive landscape.
What Can Readers Expect from this Report?
- An overview of the sector, including the key factors that have shaped patterns and demand
- Not just data, but insights that you can incorporate in your strategic decision making
- Nuanced underlying factors that influence consumer behaviour
- Data points to understand the past, analyse the present, and project the future
- Trends that will impact the sector in the short- and long-term
- Deeper understanding of the target audience, their motivations, aspirations, and expectations from service providers
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Ecotels A Way To Green Sustainable Tourism Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Ecotels A Way To Green Sustainable Tourism
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Ecotels A Way To Green Sustainable Tourism report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Ecotels A Way To Green Sustainable Tourism. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Ecotels A Way To Green Sustainable Tourism report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Ecotels A Way To Green Sustainable Tourism, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.