This Encryption Software market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Encryption Software market.
Chrome now puts a little warning marker in the Address Bar next to any non-secure HTTP address. Encryption is very important, and not only for surfing. If you encrypt all of the sensitive documents on your computer, a hacker or laptop thief won't be able to parley their possession into identity theft, bank account takeover, or worse.
Recent developments in the mobile technology in terms of software and hardware, their distribution among businesses, and the increasing penetration of smartphones are further projected to offshoot the demand over the coming years. The increased number of enterprises moving toward cloud computing, combined with the Big data, demand the protection of sensitive data, thus raising the deployment for encryption software.
Encryption Software Market: Drivers and Challenges
Industry verticals such as healthcare and BFSI, have to comply with demanding regulations, like HIPPA, DSS, and PCI, which have mandated the implementation of data security solution. This has led to the adoption of encryption software across the globe. Additionally, on account of rapid digitization and increased usage of the Internet, the intellectual property of the enterprises, and users alike has become vulnerable to theft and intrusion. These security risks require companies to implement encryption software to protect the data. Encryption software enables the organizations to protect their intellectual property and other sensitive data, which is expected to boost growth over the forecast period.
The U.S. government has developed Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) as a standard, and most of the encryption software now follow the AES. Even those that support other algorithms tend to recommend using AES.
Although these encryption software offer significant benefits, their adoption may experience challenges terms of budget. The deployment options for these solutions are complex and time-consuming; however, the benefits offered by them often overshadow the challenges pertaining to complexity and the time associated with their deployment.
The BFSI segment captured a sizeable market share. The increasing number of cyber-attacks and the dynamic nature of security industry have demanded the protection of sensitive financial data from cracks with minimum risk and maximum returns. As the banking institutions move towards cloud, the segment showcases a higher potential for the deployment of these encryption software.
Banks traditionally follow techniques such as DVDs, email, and others for the data transfer, which pose a high risk of data crack, thereby growing the opportunities in the BFSI industry for encryption software. Additionally, high dependency on online transactions and the need to safeguard the same are anticipated to increase demand of encryption software in the BFSI sector over the coming years.
The encryption software ecosystem comprises major vendors such as Microsoft Corporation, Sophos Ltd., CheckPoint Software Technologies Ltd., Trend Micro Inc., Symantec Corporation, IBM Corporation, SAS Institute Inc., Intel Security Group (McAfee), EMC Corporation, and WinMagic Inc. to name a few.
North America accounted for the major market share due to the presence of the well-established IT & telecom sector in the region and the generation of huge amount of data that needs to be protected. Moreover, the increasing concerns about security, owing to the utilization of the Internet and personal computers in the private sector, are expected to escalate the demand in this region over the coming years.
Asia Pacific market share is anticipated to increase over the next few years owing to the lack of storage infrastructure prompting the organizations to store information on the cloud. This increases the risk of data loss and thefts, escalating the market demand. Moreover, the increasing penetration of BYOD, cloud services, and IoT has prompted the industry demand for encryption software. Rapid developments in the manufacturing sector in countries such as China and India as well as the growing IT & telecom and retail sectors are expected to drive the growth over the coming years.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
Encryption Software Market Segments
- Encryption Software Market Dynamics
- Encryption Software Market Size & Forecast 2017 to 2027
- Value Chain
- Encryption Software Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Encryption Software Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Encryption Software Market includes development of these systems in the following regions:
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (A&NZ)
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- The Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Encryption Software Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Encryption Software Market: Segmentation
- Disk Encryption
- File/Folder Encryption
- Database Encryption
- Communication Encryption
- Cloud Encryption
- Network traffic encryption
By Deployment Type:
By User Type:
- Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
- Large enterprises
By Industry Vertical:
- Government & Public Sector
- IT & Telecom
- Aerospace & Defense
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Encryption Software Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Encryption Software Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Encryption Software Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Encryption Software Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.