This Software Defined Radio (SDR) market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Software Defined Radio (SDR) market.
Software Defined Radio (SDR), now being an industry standard, is used widely in next generation Maritime Mobile Coastal Batteries, which facilitate high-speed data and secure voice communication with anti-jamming capability.
Many private firms are keen to manufacture cutting-edge software defined radios with advanced features and higher compliance flexibility. In the field of communication systems and strategic areas software define radio is a game-changer. SDR is expected to largely shape the net-centric warfare in the years ahead
Software Defined Radio: Key-Factor to Decide Adaptability
SDR is not a new term or technology. It has been around for more than 30 years and that’s a very long time in technology. Over these years, SDR has evolved in to a cutting-edge technology which can reshape the military, commercial satellite and space mission in a tremendous way.
Even many countries are procuring SDR to enhance maritime technology. The next generation and the future of communication technology is expected to largely shape the net-centric warfare in the years ahead.
It can facilitate the high-speed data and secure voice communication with antijamming capability .All three professional defense forces of several countries are in race to design, develop and manufacture tactical communication system using software defined radio.
Since a large portion of RF is controlled by software, it makes it flexible to alter the existing system by simply replacing the program with updated one. Even the old software can be patched and changes can be incorporated in old software which makes the existing RF systems highly adaptive.
Being software driven which forms a significant portion of the system requires less space in comparison to Conventional RF system which significantly eliminates the hardware cost are results in simplification of radio architecture with improved performance
Software Defined Radio Market: Current Rate of Adoption
The extensive research work in combination with new emerging technologies is transforming the existent software defined radio in to a highly adaptable and unbeatable market.
A common radio platform for multiple emerging markets significantly reduces the logistic support and operational expenses. It is expected that over 90 percent of mobile infrastructure will be captured under SDR technology including 5G infrastructure. Across globe, all tactical radio used for military operation are inbuilt with SDR technology.
Key Challenges Preventing Widespread Adoption of Software Defined Radio
It requires an extensive software development and an ultra-complex PCB design with an optimized data converters in addition to expensive processors. Also, the software which is the vital component of this technology makes it more vulnerable to malware attack which might corrupt the whole infrastructure. It comes with own set of security risks which can compromise the connected devices in network.
Since it a niche technology, there is a lack of understanding among the designers, so there is always a tradeoff between performance and design.
North America Continues to Account for High Share of Software Defined Radio Market
North America, led by the US, has remained a lucrative market for software defined radio, and the status-quo is unlikely to change between the forecast period 2020 to 2030.
High defense spending in the US, combined with JTNC program, is likely to provide the impetus to the software define radio market during the forecast period.
In addition to the US, Europe and Asia Pacific will continue to be the other lucrative markets for software define radio during the assessment period. China and India, the two contenders for the superpower throne are ramping up their defense mechanisms, and reliance on technology is also growing.
Software Defined Radio Market: Competitive Intelligence
- Harris Corporation
- Flex Radio Systems Inc.
- Data soft Corporation
- L-3 Communication Holdings Inc.
- Raytheon Co.
- Astra Rafael Communication System
- HAL’s Strategic Electronic Research Design Centre (SLRDC) India
- BAE Systems PLC
- Elbit Systems Ltd.
- L3 Communications Corporation
- Rohde & Schwarz GmbH & Co KG
- Thales Group
- Viasat Incorporated
- SAAB AB
- Rockwell Collins
- Northrop Grumman Corp.
- ITT Corporation
- Harris Corporation
- Datasoft Corporation
By Region, the market is segmented into,
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Software Defined Radio (SDR) Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Software Defined Radio Market Segmentation
The latest report on SDR has been analyzed on the basis of key categories.
- Cognitive Radio
- General Purpose Radio
- Joint Tactical Radio System
- VHF Band
- HF Band
- UHF Band
- Public Safety
- Aerospace & Defense
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Software Defined Radio (SDR) Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Software Defined Radio (SDR) Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Software Defined Radio (SDR) Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Software Defined Radio (SDR) Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.