This Software Distribution market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Software Distribution market.
As the title suggests, software distribution is the process of delivering software from a developer to the end user. This distribution ranges from interpreter distribution to OS server distribution. Software distribution channels are the actual point of customer interaction. It is through these distribution channel system that organization reaches the customer, fulfill their needs and gather vital statistics that can be used to manage customer relationships. The distribution phase is typically followed by unpacking and installation, wherein package management tools are utilized for software installation. Customers are progressively demanding the availability of diverse range of channels. The customers expect direct access 24 hours a day, seven days a week, while, at the same time, seeking personalized services and products according to their needs. The growing significance of cloud in government sector, SMEs and large enterprises are transforming the market and disturbing the orthodox business model of the channel.
Software service providers have traditionally relied on their resellers or distributors to service customers with a local presence at a lesser cost as opposed to their own direct sales model. As firms try to differentiate between themselves by augmenting customer relationships, the distribution channels through which they provide their services becomes a key from a strategic point of view. Firms are thus able to offer custom tailored services to their clients at any time through a comprehensive range of channels either by setting modified prices as per competitive scenario or by consolidating the costs of the license.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Software Distribution market is segmented on the basis of delivery model, end user vertical and region. On the basis of delivery model, software distribution market can be segmented as physical delivery, electronic software distribution and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS). Software Distribution market can be segmented according to end user vertical which includes public, retail, manufacturing, media & entertainment, transportation & logistics, IT & telecommunication, banking, financial service and insurance (BFSI), healthcare and energy & utility. Regionally, software distribution market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East & Africa (MEA), Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ) and Japan.
Software Distribution Market: Regional Outlook
Software Distribution market is witnessing steady growth and is anticipated to witness single digit CAGR during the projected period. North America was the dominant regional market in 2015 followed by Western Europe. These two regions combined represented market share of more than 35%, but are expected to lose their share to some extent to other regions during the forecast period. Asia Pacific is expected to exhibit highest growth among all the regions due to evolving economy of countries such as India, Philippines and China.
Software Distribution Market: Drivers
Growing acceptance for digital delivery and services across developed and developing regions is accelerating the growth of software distribution market. The emergence of SaaS distribution model is anticipated to help the market grow at a greater CAGR. This can be attributed to factors such as decentralized consumption and working habits as well as cloud hosting space getting cheaper.
Software Distribution Market: Key Players
The key vendors in the software distribution market include Amazon.com, Google Corporation, Apple Inc., Salesforce.com Inc., Attachmate Corporation, Symantec Corporation, NEC Corporation and IBM Corporation. Major players in the software distribution boost their market share by enhancing sales channels across the globe. Furthermore, introducing economical products & services is another strategy followed by major software distribution market vendors to gain competitive edge.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Software Distribution Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Software Distribution Market Segments
- Software Distribution Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2015
- Software Distribution Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2026
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Software Distribution Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Software Distribution Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Software Distribution Market includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Argentina & Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Software Distribution Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Software Distribution Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Software Distribution Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Software Distribution Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.