Software Containers Market Overview
Software containers provide operating system virtualization which helps the application to run on cloud and data centres. Software containers package the application’s code and configurations into separate building blocks which can be run on cloud. These software containers are lightweight and offer operational efficiency.
Software containers offer a number of advantages such as speeding up the configuration cycle, providing granular control over resources, which help to improve efficiency and applications can be scaled up and down as per requirement.
Software Containers Market: Drivers and Restraints
With cloud computing becoming more mainstream, companies are rapidly adopting software containers for improving the overall efficiency of the application. Software containers also facilitate cost savings by reducing the expenses on hardware. Software containers also offer environment consistency because all application files and necessary infrastructure are stored at one place and can be deployed consistently over any environment. Software containers also keep a track of different versions of application code which can help in inspecting the difference between several versions.
One of the major challenges in the software containers market is persistent storage which occurs when containers running databases are used in production setups. Another major challenge to the market is networking issues related to software containers.
Global Software Containers Market Trends
A major trend prevailing in the market is merger and acquisition. In May 2016, Apprenda Inc., a platform as a service (PaaS) cloud software company acquired Kubernetes support company Kismatic, which offered commercial support to Kubernetes. In January 2017, Cisco acquired ContainerX, a privately held company focused on developing enterprise-class container management technology.
Global Software Containers Competitive Landscape
Some of the major software containers vendors include Docker Inc., CoreOS, Codenvy, Inc., Google Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Amazon Web Services, IBM Corporation, Red Hat, Inc., and VMware among others.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Global Software Containers Market Segments
- Global Software Containers Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2016
- Global Software Containers Market Size & Forecast 2017 to 2027
- Supply & Demand Value Chain for Software Containers Market
- Global Software Containers Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved in Software Containers Market
- Software Containers Technology
- Value Chain of Software Containers
- Global Software Containers Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Global Software Containers Market includes
- North America Software Containers Market
- Latin America Software Containers Market
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe Software Containers Market
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe Software Containers Market
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific Software Containers Market
- Australia and New Zealand (A&NZ)
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Japan Software Containers Market
- Middle East and Africa Software Containers Market
- GCC Countries
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Global Software Containers Market: Market Segmentation
Global Software Containers Market can be divided on the basis of application.
Segmentation on basis of Application for Software Containers Market:
- Monitoring and logging
- Storage and continuous integration/continuous deployment
- Management and orchestration
- Networking and data management services
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.