This Factory Automation And Industrial Controls market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Factory Automation And Industrial Controls market.
Automation refers to the use of information technology in combination with mechanical technology for manufacturing processes to create an efficient and smart manufacturing infrastructure. Factory automation & industrial controls systems can help in decreasing the operational cost of manufacturing. They also help in standardizing the manufacturing process for improving quality. The initial front end cost of the setup is high. However, in the long run, investment in automation can help any firm save on manpower cost by reducing labour in factories and quality control and auditing and minimizing the cost of rework as robots are highly effective and low on errors. Use of automation also increases the goodwill of the company as the end product almost always has a quality finish.
However, due to high capital expenditure and backlash from worker unions, the penetration of factory automation and industrial controls is not growing at an expected pace. Since the developed nations, especially US and Europe, are witnessing a slowing down, the sales of most of the traditional manufacturing companies has slowed down too. This is precisely why many companies are in two minds regarding the decision to invest in automation.
Factory Automation & Industrial Controls Market:Market Dynamics
The main factor behind the growth of the factory automation & industrial controls market is growing use of automation in industries. The growing need to use better technology equipment to gain better results is leading to the growth of the factory automation and industrial controls market. Products made using automation do not only have improved quality, they are also produced at a decreased operational cost, increasing the overall profitability margin of the product. Automation also helps in saving energy. Other factors promoting the growth of factory automation & industrial controls market are need for high yield and production, scarcity of labour and enhanced focus on increasing efficiency and accuracy to achieve high yield and productivity. Automation has become an important component of the manufacturing, power, oil & gas, mining, railway and shipping industries and thus, the growth of these industries will also contribute towards the growth of the global factory automation & Industrial Controls market. Moreover, government initiatives to help industries adopt new technologies will also boost the market of factory automation & industrial controls market over the forecast period.
However, the high initial cost of installation of factory automation & industrial controls systems and lack of awareness regarding the quality of finished products made using automation can act as a restraint for the global factory automation & industrial controls market. Other than this, the limited availability of skilled professionals for the implementation of automation and control processes can also act as a restraint for this market.
Factory Automation & Industrial Controls Market: Regional Outlook
Europe holds a major share in the global Factory Automation & Industrial Controls market. It is followed by Asia-Pacific, North America and Latin America. Europe is projected to be a major consumer owing to the extensive applications of Factory Automation & Industrial Controls in the automotive industry. Similarly, rising automotive and manufacturing industries in APAC region, especially in countries such as China, India and Japan, are also expected to give a significant boost to factory automation and industrial control market. With increasing country integration or globalisation, which is evident from the increase in international trade and inbound-outbound FDI, positive growth in one economy leads to positive growth in correlated economies. Increase in industrial production in countries, such as China, India and Germany and strong growth purchase manager index numbers from Australia, China and UK will influence the growth of end-user industries in Asia Pacific, which in turn, will influence the demand for Factory Automation & Industrial Controls systems in the region during the forecast period. Rest of the world market is estimated to account for a relatively small share of the Factory Automation & Industrial Controls market.
Factory Automation & Industrial Controls Market: Market Participants
Some of the examples of the market participants identified across the value chain of the global Factory Automation & Industrial Controls Market are:
- Honeywell International Inc
- ABB Ltd
- Siemens AG
- Aspen Technology Inc.
- Emerson Electric Company
- Bosch Automation
- Rockwell Automation, Inc
- Schneider Electric
- General Electric Co
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Yokogawa Electric Corporation
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, type of product and applications.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Factory Automation And Industrial Controls Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Factory Automation & Industrial Controls Market:Market Segmentation
The automation & industrial controls market can be segmentedon the basis of the product used as follows:
- Field devices
- Industrial Control Systems
- Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
The segmentation of Factory Automation & Industrial Controls Market can be doneon the basis of End-User Industry as follows:
- Oil & Gas
- Chemical & Petrochemical
- Mining & Metals
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Factory Automation And Industrial Controls Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Factory Automation And Industrial Controls Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Factory Automation And Industrial Controls Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Factory Automation And Industrial Controls Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.