This Medical Automation market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Medical Automation market.
Automation is a term referred for the usage of control systems and software to independently operate and monitor a mechanized system of various industrial processes (medical, chemical, textile, automotive, food & processing and others). Automated delivery of medical practices can help reduce errors, contain cost and streamline the process with improved outcomes. The rising demand for accuracy and reliability in medical procedures, increasing government investments, rising labor cost are the various reasons which are likely to propel the market for medical automation. Additionally, the growth of this market would be fuelled by growing usage of point of care testing devices such as HIV test kits, digital blood pressure monitors and pregnancy test kits. However, strict government regulation for medical device manufacturers globally is likely to hinder the growth of this market.
The market for medical automation can be broadly segmented on the basis of application, end-users and geography. The application segment is further subdivided into therapeutic automation market, medical automation market and lab & pharmacy automation market. The medical automation market can be categorized on the basis of automated imaging, automated image analysis and point of care testing market. Automated radiography, automated microscopy, capsule endoscopy and automated fluoroscopy are the major segments which can be covered under automated imaging market. The therapeutic application market can be further sub-divided into various segments namely non-surgical automation and surgical automation. Defibrillators and automated medication systems are the two segments that can be covered under non-surgical automation. Defibrillators market can be further indentified on the basis of automated external defibrillators, wearable defibrillators and implantable cardioverter defibrillator. Similarly, implantable drug pumps and wearable drug pumps can be categorized under automated medication systems. Surgical automation market can be further studied on the basis of surgical robots (Da vinci, Cyberknife, renaissance and others), intraoperative imaging (ICT scanners, MRI, and IOUS), surgical navigation, intelligent operating rooms and surgical simulators.
Lab & pharmacy automation market can be identified on the basis of lab automation market and pharmacy automation market. Lab automation market includes microplate readers, liquid handling, automated storage and retrieval systems, stand-alone robots and software and informatics systems. The pharmacy automation market is further subdivided into automated medication dispensing systems, automated medication compounding systemsand automated packaging and labeling systems. On the basis of end users medical automation market can be classified as pharmacies, research laboratories & institutes, hospital and diagnostic centers and home/ ambulatory and others.
Geographically, currently North America accounts for the largest share of the medical automation market followed by the European region. The dominance of these regions in this market is seen due to growing government investments and funding. Further, collaboration among the key players and increased investments by the venture capitalists are some of the reasons which have augmented the demand for medical automation in the North America and European region. In the U.S market medical automation in therapy segment accounts for the largest share of the market followed by diagnostics & monitoring and logistics & training. Asia-Pacific region is expected to show healthy growth in the near future majorly in India, China, Taiwan and Japan. The reason behind an expansion would be rapid decline in the number of rural labor, increasing government investments towards automation and economic developments. Additionally, growing demand for automation in the research laboratories is further propelling the growth of this industry.
Major players operating in medical automation market includes Accuray, Inc., Beckman Coulter, Inc., Asahi Kasei Corp, CAE, Ltd, Carefusion Corp, GE Healthcare, Lifescan, Inc., Medtronic, Inc., Intuitive Surgical Inc., Omnicell, Inc, Roche Holding AG, Philips Healthcare, Siemens Healthcare, St. Jude Medical, Inc., Stanley Black and Decker, Inc, Swisslog Holdings AG, Stryker Corporation, Simsurgery As, Parata Systems LLC and others.
This research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically-supported and industry-validated market data and projections with a suitable set of assumptions and methodology. It provides analysis and information by categories such as market segments, regions, product types and distribution channels.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2014
- Market Size & Forecast 2015 to 2025
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Mexico, Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Medical Automation Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Medical Automation Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Medical Automation Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Medical Automation Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Medical Automation Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Medical Automation Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)