This Flaked Shortening market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Flaked Shortening market.
Flaked Shortening Market: Outlook
Flaked shortening is a special type of fat which is mainly used in the baked goods for improving the texture of the product it is used in. The flaked shortening is solid at room temperature. The flaked shortening is used as a replacement for the butter and margarine as the consumers have a growing consciousness about the trans-fat present in those products. The market for specialty fat has increased in the past few years after reports of products containing trans-fat being harmful to the health of the consumers. There are also certain regulations put down by the regulatory bodies to cut down the trans-fat in the food products which has led to the flaked shortening market gaining traction. The flaked shortening is obtained from animal fats as well as from the vegetable oils. However, the concern regarding the trans-fat has made the vegetable source in the flaked shortening a preferred option.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Growing Bakery Industry is Expected to Increase the Demand of the Flaked Shortening Market
The growing bakery industry in developed and developing regions has resulted in products being customized and the specialty products being launched in the market which could cater to the all the demands from the foodservice operators as well as the consumers that are baking in the household. The use of the flaked shortenings is mainly in the bakery industry in products such as cakes, pastries, biscuits, cookies, etc. The manufacturers are continuously researching this, and there is a range of flaked shortening that is available from the manufacturers. The shortening is also available in a low saturated form which provides the same functionality and texture but is mainly targeting the health-conscious consumers which are the ongoing trend globally. The developing countries have also seen a rise in the consumption of the flaked shortening market. The palm oil based flaked shortening is more popular in these regions due to these being economical.
Flaked Shortening Market: Regional Analysis
Increased demand for the baked goods in developed and developing countries has resulted in the demand for flaked shortening to increase. The bakery industry in Europe is highly developed and due to the growing number of foodservice operators in this region. This has increased the demand for specialty products such as flaked shortenings. Europe remains the largest market for the flaked shortening market. In North America, the flaked shortening has gained popularity because of the source of the flaked shortening being vegetable oil and the manufacturers are offering it in no trans-fat form. The demand for baked goods has increased in the past few years in South Asia, especially in the Southeast Asian market. There has been an emergence of new bakery outlets and the consumption has increased. South Asia has become an attractive market for flaked shortening products.
Flaked Shortening Market: Key Participants
The key participants in the flaked shortening market are :
- Bunge North America, Inc.
- Cargill Inc.
- AAK AB
- Gateway Food Products
- Natu’oil Services Inc.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the flaked shortening market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as product type, application, and end use.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Flaked Shortening Market Segments
- Flaked Shortening Market Dynamics
- Flaked Shortening Market Size
- Flaked Shortening Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to Flaked Shortening Market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in Flaked Shortening Market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of Flaked Shortening
- Value Chain Analysis of the Flaked Shortening Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Flaked Shortening Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Flaked Shortening Market: Segmentation
The flaked shortening market can be segmented based on flavour, source end use and sales channel.
On the basis of flavour, the flaked shortening market can be segmented as :
On the basis of source, the flaked shortening market can be segmented as :
- Vegetable Oil
- Refined Palm Oil
- Soybean Oil
- Cottonseed Oil
- Animal Fat
On the basis of end use, the flaked shortening market can be segmented as :
- Food Industry
- Bakery Products
- Frozen Food Products
On the basis of sales channel, the flaked shortening market can be segmented as:
- Hypermarkets / Supermarkets
- F&B Specialty Stores
- Modern Grocery Stores
- Online Retailers
- A detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments for Flaked Shortening Market
- Competitive landscape for yorker spouts market
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Flaked Shortening Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Flaked Shortening Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Flaked Shortening Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Flaked Shortening Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)