Flaked Shortening Market: Outlook
Flaked shortening is a special type of fat which is mainly used in the baked goods for improving the texture of the product it is used in. The flaked shortening is solid at room temperature. The flaked shortening is used as a replacement for the butter and margarine as the consumers have a growing consciousness about the trans-fat present in those products. The market for specialty fat has increased in the past few years after reports of products containing trans-fat being harmful to the health of the consumers. There are also certain regulations put down by the regulatory bodies to cut down the trans-fat in the food products which has led to the flaked shortening market gaining traction. The flaked shortening is obtained from animal fats as well as from the vegetable oils. However, the concern regarding the trans-fat has made the vegetable source in the flaked shortening a preferred option.
Growing Bakery Industry is Expected to Increase the Demand of the Flaked Shortening Market
The growing bakery industry in developed and developing regions has resulted in products being customized and the specialty products being launched in the market which could cater to the all the demands from the foodservice operators as well as the consumers that are baking in the household. The use of the flaked shortenings is mainly in the bakery industry in products such as cakes, pastries, biscuits, cookies, etc. The manufacturers are continuously researching this, and there is a range of flaked shortening that is available from the manufacturers. The shortening is also available in a low saturated form which provides the same functionality and texture but is mainly targeting the health-conscious consumers which are the ongoing trend globally. The developing countries have also seen a rise in the consumption of the flaked shortening market. The palm oil based flaked shortening is more popular in these regions due to these being economical.
Flaked Shortening Market: Regional Analysis
Increased demand for the baked goods in developed and developing countries has resulted in the demand for flaked shortening to increase. The bakery industry in Europe is highly developed and due to the growing number of foodservice operators in this region. This has increased the demand for specialty products such as flaked shortenings. Europe remains the largest market for the flaked shortening market. In North America, the flaked shortening has gained popularity because of the source of the flaked shortening being vegetable oil and the manufacturers are offering it in no trans-fat form. The demand for baked goods has increased in the past few years in South Asia, especially in the Southeast Asian market. There has been an emergence of new bakery outlets and the consumption has increased. South Asia has become an attractive market for flaked shortening products.
Flaked Shortening Market: Key Participants
The key participants in the flaked shortening market are :
- Bunge North America, Inc.
- Cargill Inc.
- AAK AB
- Gateway Food Products
- Natu’oil Services Inc.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the flaked shortening market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as product type, application, and end use.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Flaked Shortening Market Segments
- Flaked Shortening Market Dynamics
- Flaked Shortening Market Size
- Flaked Shortening Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to Flaked Shortening Market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in Flaked Shortening Market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of Flaked Shortening
- Value Chain Analysis of the Flaked Shortening Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Flaked Shortening Market: Segmentation
The flaked shortening market can be segmented based on flavour, source end use and sales channel.
On the basis of flavour, the flaked shortening market can be segmented as :
On the basis of source, the flaked shortening market can be segmented as :
- Vegetable Oil
- Refined Palm Oil
- Soybean Oil
- Cottonseed Oil
- Animal Fat
On the basis of end use, the flaked shortening market can be segmented as :
- Food Industry
- Bakery Products
- Frozen Food Products
On the basis of sales channel, the flaked shortening market can be segmented as:
- Hypermarkets / Supermarkets
- F&B Specialty Stores
- Modern Grocery Stores
- Online Retailers
- A detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments for Flaked Shortening Market
- Competitive landscape for yorker spouts market
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.