This Specialty Shortenings market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Specialty Shortenings market.
Specialty Shortenings Market Outlook
Specialty shortenings are the fatty substances that are majorly used in the bakery and confectionery products. The use of specialty shortenings enables to have a crisp structure and stability in the products such as bread, fillings, icing, and cake. Some other desirable characteristics of the specialty shortenings include bland or pleasant flavour, good shortening power, and long shelf life. Traditionally cocoa butter has been used as a shortening however, the hike in the prices of cocoa butter has led to the search for the alternatives in the specialty shortenings in the global market. Kokum butter extracted from kokum seed kernels is one such example of the alternative solution, which finds use in cosmetic products. The ease of handling of specialty shortenings across all purposes is creating a positive outlook in the global specialty shortenings market. The products of specialty shortenings are available in dry and liquid form, which can be derived from plants as well as animals.
Plant-based Ingredients Increasing Popularity is also Creating Increased Opportunity for the Plant-based Specialty Shortenings in the Global Market
The global specialty shortenings market is driven by the increasing consumption of processed food and beverage industry around the world. Bakery and confectionery industry is flourishing and expanding at a rapid speed, especially in the Asian countries. The adoption of Western lifestyle and diet habits has resulted in the spread of café culture and specialty bakery franchises in Asia and the Middle East and Africa. With the consumer shift in food habits and easy access is creating a positive outlook in the global specialty shortenings market. Additionally, the global market of specialty shortenings market is also driven majorly by the increasing consumption of chocolate. Chocolate is becoming more popular for its effect in the relieving stress and uplifting the mood, which has affected the increase in the demand for specialty shortenings.
The specialty shortenings are also used in the other industries besides the food and beverage industry such as cosmetics and personal care and pharmaceutical products. The use of cosmetics and personal care products has been steadily increasing in the world, owing to the increased consumer awareness about the products and increased access. Moreover, the emergence of gender-specific cosmetics and personal care products is resulting in the expansion of the cosmetic industry. This, in turn, is increasing the demand for specialty shortenings in the global market.
Specialty Shortenings Market: Regional Analysis
North American and European countries occupy the majority of the share in the global specialty shortenings market. The consumption of consumer goods products such as processed food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, and cosmetics and personal care products is dominated by North American and European countries in the world. However, Asian and Middle Eastern and African region is likely to witness the highest growth rate over the forecast period in the global specialty shortenings market. The shift of population from a rural area to the urban area and increased availability of processed consumer goods products in these regions is resulting in the increased consumption and increased demand for specialty shortenings in the global market.
Specialty Shortenings Market: Key Participants
Some of the market participants in the specialty shortenings market are:
- Bunge North America, Inc.
- Cargill, Inc.
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Ventura Foods
- Musim Mas Holdings Pte. Ltd.
- Sime Darby Kempas Sdn. Bhd.
- Tate & Lyle Plc.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the Specialty Shortenings market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as form, grade, and end use.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Specialty Shortenings Market Segments
- Specialty Shortenings Market Dynamics
- Specialty Shortenings Market Size
- Specialty Shortenings Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to Specialty Shortenings Market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in Specialty Shortenings Market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of Specialty Shortenings
- Value Chain Analysis of the Specialty Shortenings Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Specialty Shortenings Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Specialty Shortenings Market Segmentation
The specialty shortenings market can be segmented on the basis of form, Source, end use, and distribution channel.
On the basis of form, the specialty shortenings market can be segmented as:
On the basis of source, the specialty shortenings market can be segmented as:
On the basis of end use, the specialty shortenings market can be segmented as:
- Food and Beverage
- Bakery and Confectionery
- Sauces, Soups, and Dressings
- Cosmetics and Personal Care Products
On the basis of distribution channel, the specialty shortenings market can be segmented as:
- Direct Sales Channel/ B2B
- Indirect Sales Channel/B2C
- Specialty Stores
- Online Retail
- Mass Grocery Stores
- Other Retail Format
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the Specialty Shortenings market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the Specialty Shortenings market
- Competitive landscape of the Specialty Shortenings market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on Specialty Shortenings market performance
- Must-have information for Specialty Shortenings market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Specialty Shortenings Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Specialty Shortenings Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Specialty Shortenings Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Specialty Shortenings Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)