An Incisive, In-depth Analysis on the Specialty Silica Market
This study offers a comprehensive, 360 degree analysis on the Specialty Silica market, bringing to fore insights that can help stakeholders identify the opportunities as well as challenges. It tracks the global Specialty Silica market across key regions, and offers in-depth commentary and accurate quantitative insights. The study also includes incisive competitive landscape analysis, and provides key recommendations to market players on winning imperatives and successful strategies.
Specialty Silica Market - Key Research Findings
- The global specialty silica market size is estimated to be ~US$ 6.2 Bn in 2019.
- The specialty silica market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of ~5% over the forecast period of 2019-2029.
- Precipitated silica is estimated to gain significant traction over the forecast period, due to increasing usage of the same for rubber applications e.g., in high performance tires and footwear.
- Demand for non-rubber applications, such as for food additives and oral care products, is also expected to contribute to the overall demand for precipitated silica over the forecast period.
- Application of specialty silica in rubber industry is estimated to hold more than half of the total market share over the forecast period.
- In the rubber industry, specialty silica finds application in the manufacturing of tires, footwear, industrial conveyor belts, and others. Growing consumption of energy-efficient tires is likely to result in increased demand for specialty silica.
- In terms of value share, APEJ is expected to be a prominent market, holding approx. half of the volume and value shares of the specialty silica
- In terms of growth rate, Latin America is most likely to foresee high growth rate after APEJ, in the global specialty silica market.
- Manufacturers are focused on developing value added and high performance grades of specialty silica that deliver superior physical characteristics to end-products, and are supplying these at competitive prices.
- Leading players are strategically increasing their capacities worldwide, majorly in Asia Pacific, to serve the growing regional demand.
Key Factors Shaping the Global Specialty Silica Market
- Increasing Demand for Specialty Silica as a Performance Additive
The introduction of advanced specialty silica grades such as highly dispersible silica (HDS) – developed by Solvay SA – has resulted in noticeably lower rolling resistance in tires, without loss of road grip in wet weather conditions. A 7.5% decrease in fuel consumption and up to 18 meters shorter braking distance is reported by using high performance HDS grade silica in automotive tires. Various tire labelling regulations have been implemented across the globe, further fuelling the demand for specialty silica as a filler material. Countries such as Japan, South Korea, EU countries, etc., have already implemented various regulations in order to increase overall fuel economy of vehicles, leading to less carbon emitted per unit of fuel, per vehicle for same distance travelled.
- Use of Specialty Silica for Chemical Mechanical Planarization (CMP)
Specialty silica, specifically colloidal silica and fumed silica, are used to create defect-free, flat, and highly smooth surface on silicon semiconductors, sapphire wafers, and optical lenses in consumer electronics. AEROSIL and AEROXIDE by Evonik Industries, CAB-O-SIL EL-90 by Cabot Corporation, LUDOX by W. R. Grace & Co.-Conn. etc., are major brands of specialty silica commercially sold to be utilized in the electronics industry.
- Global Capacity Expansion in Specialty Silica Manufacturing Facilities
Specialty silica manufactures are strategically expanding their capacities in order to meet the increasing demand in the global market. Key capacity expansions have been announced in the Asia Pacific region. North America and Europe regions are also expected to witness good growth in their respective regional capacities. Increasing demand for fumed silica and precipitated silica, majorly for application in rubber, (tire, footwear, industrial, etc.) oral care, and electronic industries are expected to motivate leading market players to increase their worldwide production capacities.
Specialty Silica Market Structure Analysis
- Most of the manufacturers in the specialty silica market are strategically focusing on the APEJ market. Key market players in the specialty silica market, such as Solvay SA, Evonik AG, PPG Industries, Inc., and Madhu Silica Pvt. Ltd., among others are focusing on expanding their presence in regional markets to fulfill the growing demand for specialty silica across geographies.
- In order to capitalize on the growing demand for HDS from the tire industry, all major companies across the globe are involved in developing and introducing new grades of highly dispersible silica.
- Solvay SA, Evonik Industries AG, Huber Engineered Materials, PPG Industries, Inc., Madhu Silica Pvt. Ltd. (MSPL), Cabot Corporation, Akzo Nobel NV, Nalco Holding Company, Wacker Chemie AG, and Qingdao Makall Group Inc. are some of the key market participants in the global specialty silica
Specialty Silica Market Analysis 2019-2029
A recent market study published by FMI on the specialty silica market includes global industry analysis for 2014-2018 & opportunity assessment for 2019-2029, and delivers a comprehensive assessment of the most important market dynamics. After conducting thorough research on the historical and current growth parameters of the specialty silica market, the growth prospects of the market are obtained with maximum precision.
Specialty Silica Market: Segmentation
The global specialty silica market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present complete market intelligence to the reader.
Chapter 01 – Executive Summary
The report initiates with the executive summary of the specialty silica market, which includes a summary of key findings and statistics of the market. It also includes demand & supply-side trends of the specialty silica market.
Chapter 02 – Market Overview
Readers can find the definition and a detailed taxonomy of the specialty silica market in this chapter, which will help them understand basic information about the specialty silica market. Along with this, comprehensive information pertaining to specialty silica is provided in this section. This section also highlights the inclusions and exclusions, which help readers understand the scope of the specialty silica market report. This chapter also explains key macro-economic factors that are expected to influence the growth of the specialty silica market over the forecast period. Along with macroeconomic factors, this section also highlights the value chain, supply chain, forecast factors, and value chain analysis for the specialty silica market. Moreover, in-depth information about market dynamics and their impact related to the drivers, restraints, opportunities, and trend analysis on the market have been provided in the successive section.
Chapter 03 – Global Specialty Silica Market Analysis 2014-2018 & Opportunity Assessment 2019-2029, by Product Type
Based on product type, the specialty silica market is segmented into precipitated, fumed, fused, silica gel, and colloidal. In this chapter, readers can find information about key trends and developments in the specialty silica market and market attractiveness analysis based on product type.
Chapter 04 – Global Specialty Silica Market Analysis 2014-2018 & Opportunity Assessment 2019-2029, by Application
This chapter provides details about the specialty silica market based on application, and has been classified into rubber, plastic, ink & coatings, electrical & electronics, agricultural & feed, food & beverages, personal care, and others. In this chapter, readers can understand the market attractiveness analysis based on application.
Chapter 05 – Global Specialty Silica Market Analysis 2014-2018 & Opportunity Assessment 2019-2029, by Region
This chapter explains how the specialty silica market will grow across several geographic regions such as North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, APEJ, Japan, and Middle East & Africa (MEA).
Chapter 06 – North America Specialty Silica Market Analysis 2014-2018 & Opportunity Assessment 2019-2029
This chapter includes a detailed analysis of the growth of the North America specialty silica market, along with a country-wise assessment that includes the U.S. and Canada. Readers can also find the pricing analysis, regional trends, and market growth based on application and countries in North America.
Chapter 07 – Western Europe Specialty Silica Market Analysis 2014-2018 & Opportunity Assessment 2019-2029
Important growth prospects of the specialty silica market based on its end users in several countries such as Germany, the U.K., France, Spain, Italy, and the Rest of Western Europe are included in this chapter.
Chapter 08 – Eastern Europe Specialty Silica Market Analysis 2014-2018 & Opportunity Assessment 2019-2029
In this chapter, Russia, Poland, and rest of Eastern Europe countries are the prime subjects of assessment to obtain growth prospects of the Eastern Europe specialty silica market. Readers can find detailed information about the growth parameters of the Eastern Europe specialty silica market during the forecast period of 2019-2029.
Chapter 09 – APEJ Specialty Silica Market Analysis 2014-2018 & Opportunity Assessment 2019-2029
This chapter highlights the growth of the specialty silica market in East Asia by focusing on China, India, ASEAN, Oceania, and rest of APEJ. This section also helps readers understand the key factors that are responsible for the growth of the specialty silica market in APEJ.
Chapter 10 – MEA Specialty Silica Market Analysis 2014-2018 & Opportunity Assessment 2019-2029
This chapter provides information about how the specialty silica market will grow in major countries in the MEA region such as GCC Countries, Northern Africa, South Africa, and the Rest of MEA, during the forecast period of 2019-2029.
Chapter 11 – Latin America Specialty Silica Market Analysis 2014-2018 & Opportunity Assessment 2019-2029
This chapter provides the growth scenario of the specialty silica market in Latin American countries such as Brazil, Mexico, and the Rest of Latin America. Along with this, an assessment of the market across target segments has been provided.
Chapter 12 – Japan Specialty Silica Market Analysis 2014-2018 & Opportunity Assessment 2019-2029
This chapter highlights the growth of the specialty silica market in Japan. This section also helps readers understand the key factors that are responsible for the growth of the specialty silica market in Japan.
Chapter 13 – Competition Landscape
In this chapter, readers can find detailed information about the tier analysis and market concentration of key players in the specialty silica market, along with their market presence analysis by region and product portfolio. In this chapter, readers can find a comprehensive list of all the prominent stakeholders in the specialty silica market, along with detailed information about each company, which includes the company overview, revenue shares, strategic overview, and recent company developments. Some of the market players featured in the report are Evonik Industries AG, Huber Engineered Materials, Solvay SA, PPG Industries, Inc., Madhu Silica Pvt. Ltd. (MSPL), Akzo Nobel NV, Wacker Chemie AG, Cabot Corporation, Nalco Holding Company, and Qingdao Makall Group Inc., among others.
Chapter 14 – Assumptions and Acronyms
This chapter includes a list of acronyms and assumptions that provides a base to the information and statistics included in the specialty silica market report.
Chapter 15 – Research Methodology
This chapter help readers understand the research methodology followed to obtain various conclusions as well as important qualitative and quantitative information about the specialty silica market.
C - Level Executives
Business Development Officers
Raw Material Suppliers
Current market dynamics and challenges
Market performance and growth quadrants
Competition structure and market structure
Strategic growth initiatives
Near-term and long-term market growth prospects
Market segment splits and authenticity
Opinions on market projections and validity of assumptions
Company Press Releases
Annual Reports and Investor Presentations
Government Websites and Publications