This Shortening Powder market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Shortening Powder market.
Shortening Powder Market Outlook
Shortening powder is an edible fat that is derived from various source such as palm, soybean, etc. Shortening powder is used in the preparation of various bakery and confectionery food products to improve the texture and quality of the finished goods. Shortening powder is an excellent food ingredient that is easy to use and has extended shelf-life. Shortening powder enhances the softness of the finished products and helps to improve the overall quality of the product.
Improved Shelf-life Property is anticipated to Drive the Sales of Shortening Powder
The demand for bakery products is anticipated to boost the sales of shortening powder. Shortening powder is an essential ingredient that is used while preparing bakery products such as cookies, pastries, donuts, pie crusts, etc. Shortening powder is used to improve the texture, imparts softness to crumb structure and improves the palatability of the products. The major concern for the manufacturers in the bakery industry is to maintain consistency in the taste and texture of the product and to improve its shelf-life. Shortening powder can easily blend with the other ingredients, and therefore, can form uniform product without any uneven distribution of taste. Thus, manufacturers can use shortening powder to develop high-quality products that have a good consistency. Shortening powder has improved shelf-life, and thus the risk of product spoilage decreases. Therefore, the increase in demand for bakery products and extended shelf-life is estimated to have a positive impact on the shortening powder market.
As the demand for bakery products is increasing, the competition among the manufacturers of bakery ingredients is getting intense. The companies are trying to keep a track on the current market trends and are seeking approval and carrying out surveys to understand the needs of the consumers. The companies are launching gluten-free and non-GMO shortening powder to attract consumers. The demand for clean-label ingredients is anticipated to increase the sales of shortening powder. The consumers are demanding product insights and prefer the use of products that contain simple ingredients. The manufactures in the food industry can use gluten-free and non-GMO shortening powder in various products to develop clean label products and to attract consumers.
The presence of a variety of healthy shortening substitutes in the market is expected to hinder the sales of shortening powder. With the intense competition in the market and the presence of various substitutes, it becomes difficult to understand consumer preferences. The changing consumer preferences due to the availability of many options is expected to have a hamper the growth of shortening powder market.
Shortening Powder Market: Regional Analysis
The rise in income, high youth population, the impact of western culture, busy lifestyle and preference for convenience are some of the major factors due to which the demand for bakery products is increasing in the Asia Pacific region. India and China together account for about 36% of the total world population and also, both the countries are listed among the top five countries that have a large youth population. Thus, the demand for bakery products is anticipated to increase at a high rate in the Asia Pacific region. The manufacturers of shortening powder have the opportunity to establish themselves in the Asia Pacific region to increase their distribution network and improve sales.
Shortening Powder Market: Key Participants
Few key market players in the shortening powder market are:
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Cargill, Incorporated
- Augason Farms
- The J.M. Smucker Company
- Honeyville, Inc.
- Bluegrass Dairy & Food, Inc.
- DairiConcepts, L.P.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the shortening powder market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as source, end-use, and sales channel.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Shortening Powder Market Segments
- Shortening Powder Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to shortening powder market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in shortening powder market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of shortening powder
- Value Chain Analysis of the shortening powder market
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on shortening powder market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Shortening Powder Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Shortening Powder Market Segmentation
The shortening powder market can be segmented on the basis of source, end-use, and sales channel:
The shortening powder market can be segmented on the basis of the source as:
The shortening powder market can be segmented on the basis of end-use as:
- Food Industry
- Foodservice/HoReCa (Hotels/Restaurants/Café)
The shortening powder market can be segmented on the basis of the sales channel as:
- Direct Sales
- Indirect Sales
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Online Retailers
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the shortening powder market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the shortening powder market
- Competitive landscape of the shortening powder market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on shortening powder market performance
- Must-have information for shortening powder market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Shortening Powder Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Shortening Powder Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Shortening Powder Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Shortening Powder Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)