This Icing Shortening Market market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Icing Shortening Market market.
Market Outlook of Icing Shortening:
Bakery products such as bread, pastries, muffins, waffles, and other bakery products require icing in order to cover or decorate these products. Icing is otherwise called as frosting. Icing is a sweet, creamy glaze made up of sugar along with a liquid such as milk or water. It is often enriched with different ingredients such as egg whites, butter, cream cheese and flavorings. When icing is used in between the layers of the food, then it is called as filling. Icing can be made into different shapes and colors in order to decorate the baked goods. The method of application of icing largely depends on the type and texture of the icing that is being used in the baked goods. Color dyes are often added to the icing mixtures in order to achieve the desired colors. Complicated icings can be made by beating fat along with powdered sugar or by melting fat along with the sugar. The fat molecules that are being used for icing is called as icing shortening. Icing shortening can be made by beating the fat with egg whites. Icing shortening can also be made by adding ingredients such as glycerin.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Icing Shortening and its Applications:
In the recent decade, there is a tremendous growth in the field of bakery and baking products. Modern food additives and ingredients are being followed by the baking industries. Icing shortening is used widely in the baking industry for decorating purposes, as the appearance of any food influences the quality of the food directly. Icing shortening is made by blending monoglycerides, diglycerides with citric acid in order to protect the flavor. The monoglycerides and diglycerides in the icing shortening are vegetable fats which is made from hydrogenated vegetable oils. Sometimes animal fats such as pig fat is also used in the icing shortening. Icing shortening is used as bakery filling fat, bakery margarine, cake shortening, chewing gum stabilizer, spreads, confectionery, dairy fat alternatives and others. There are two types of oils used in the icing shortening. PHO (partially hydrogenated oils), these are high fat content oils with high amount of cholesterol in it. Non-PHO (non-partially hydrogenated oils), these are oils which contains less amount of saturated fat in it. Icing shortening gives good flavor and texture to the cakes and baked goods. Icing shortening have a demand among the food manufacturers for its various properties. The demand for icing shortening will result in a potential growth in the market as there is an increase in the demand for baked products.
Global Icing Shortening Market: Market Participants
Some of the market participants operating in the global icing shortening market identified across the value chain include Stratas Foods, Bunge Loders Croklaan, Par-Way Tryson Co. Inc, Amoretti, Brolite Products Co., Inc., Pakmaya, Mallet & Company, Inc, CHOCOVIC, S.A.U., Georg Lemke GmbH & Co. KG, Abel & Schafer, Abel & Schafer, W. Ruitenberg Czn N.V., Rice & Company, Inc. Seven Seas Commodities (Pvt) Ltd. among other icing shortening players.
Key Developments in the Icing Shortening Market:
In the year 2016, Stratas Foods, introduced its first non-partially hydrogenated ("non PHO) soybean shortening named Apexat the Annual Institute of Food Technologists Meeting and Expo. The company offers a new shortening functionality without the PHO which is into more challenging baking, icing, and donut applications.
Opportunities for Participants in the Icing ShorteningMarket:
The market potential for the icing shortening market is expected to grow, owing to the various properties of icing shortening. Proper consumer awareness among the food manufacturers and food services regarding icing shortening will enhance the consumer purchase of icing shortening which will result in the growth of the icing shortening market.
Brief Approach to Research
The company follows a modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the product types, applications, and end uses of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level and consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the market
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Icing Shortening Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Icing Shortening Market: Market Segmentation
On the basis of product type, the global icing shortening market has been segmented as:
- PHO based icing shortening
- Non-PHO based icing shortening
On the basis of fat type,the global icing shortening market has been segmented as:
- Animal fat icing shortening
- Plant based fat icing shortening
On the basis of end use, the global icing shortening market has been segmented as:
- Cakes and pastries
- Cookies and Biscuits
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint