This Icing Sugar market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Icing Sugar market.
Icing Sugar Market Outlook
Icing sugar, also known as powdered sugar is mainly used in the baking and confectionery applications. The composition of the icing sugar is powdered sugar, starch, and anti-caking agent. The anti-caking agent in the icing sugar is important especially for the intricate designs made by the foodservice providers. The icing sugar is used to provide texture to a variety of bakery items and confectioneries and thus they are available in various types depending on the application of the icing sugar. The icing sugar has to be used within a short period of time as the risk of the icing sugar getting caked persists even if there is a presence of anti-caking agents. Also, the source of starch varies in the type of icing sugar manufactured. But, the main sugar source in all the icing sugar is cane sugar.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Growth in the Bakery Market in the Developing Regions to Bolster the Growth for the Icing Sugar Market
The changing lifestyles of people have changed the food habits in the developing regions such as in APAC and MEA. This has resulted in the bakery industry to grow in these regions. The bakery industry is well developed and advanced in the European countries. But the consumer-shift in the APAC and MEA regions has led to the presence of the foodservice increasing. This has propelled the demand for icing sugar that has good quality in the bakery industry to cater to the demands of the consumers. But there is less number of icing sugar manufacturers in these regions. Thus, it provides a white space for all the manufacturers in these regions. Also, the seasonal demand affects the sales of the icing sugar globally.
Icing Sugar Market: Regional Analysis
The requirement for the icing sugar is mainly dominated by their requirement in the foodservice industry. Out of the total icing sugar being used, around 12% is used in the retail sector and the remaining in the foodservice and the food processing industry. The demand for the icing sugar is high in the European countries due to a large number of cafes, restaurants, and hotels in this region. The rise of the bakery market in the regions of APAC and MEA will likely increase the demand of the icing sugar. Mitr Phol Group, along with KCG Corporation, in 2018, launched an international standard icing sugar called the ‘Imperial Mitra Phol’ for use in the foodservice or the food processing industry.
Icing Sugar Market: Key Participants
Some of the market participants in the global icing sugar market are:
- Tate & Lyle PLC
- AB Sugar Company
- Couplet Sugars
- Simbhaoli Sugars Ltd.
- Crusty International
- Dhampure Speciality Sugar Ltd.
- MSM Prai Berhad
- Blue Bird Foods India Pvt.
- SBEC Sugar Ltd.
- Patco Industries Limited
- Thai Flour Co. Ltd.
- American Crystal Sugar Company
- United Sugar Company
- NZ Sugar Company Ltd.
- USHA International Limited (Mawana)
- Starafrica Corp.
- Sugar Australia Company Ltd.
- Nordic Sugar A/S
- Mitr Phol Group
- Redox Pty. Ltd.
- Lantic Inc.
- Weikfield Products Co. (I) Pvt. Ltd.
- Amrut International
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the icing sugar market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as type, nature, starch source, end use, packaging and distribution channel.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Icing Sugar Market Segments
- Icing Sugar Market Dynamics
- Icing Sugar Market Size
- Icing Sugar Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to Icing Sugar Market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in Icing Sugar Market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of Icing Sugar
- Value Chain Analysis of the Icing Sugar Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Icing Sugar Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Icing Sugar Market Segmentation
The global icing sugar market can be segmented on the basis of type, nature, starch source, end use, packaging and distribution channel.
On the basis of type, the global icing sugar market can be segmented as –
- Coarse grained
- Finely Ground
- Ultra Refined
On the basis of nature, the global icing sugar market can be segmented as –
On the basis of starch source, the global icing sugar market can be segmented as –
On the basis of end use, the global icing sugar market can be segmented as –
- Food Processing Industry
- Bakery Products
On the basis of packaging, the global icing sugar market can be segmented as –
On the basis of distribution channel, the global icing sugar market can be segmented as –
- Modern Grocery Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Online Retail
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the icing sugar market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the icing sugar market
- Competitive landscape of the icing sugar market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on icing sugar market performance
- Must-have information for icing sugar market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Icing Sugar Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Icing Sugar Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Icing Sugar Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Icing Sugar Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)