This Glass Decanters market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Glass Decanters market.
Global Glass Decanters Market: Overview
A decanter is a vessel that is used to hold a liquid such as wine, whiskey, and other beverages. Decanters are available in varied shape and sizes and traditionally made from glass. Glass decanters usually have a volume equivalent to one standard bottle of wine or a whiskey. Decanters are also made of crystal, which is a type of glass. Glass products containing less than 4% of lead oxide are labeled as glass, whereas glass products containing more than 10% of lead are labeled as crystal. The presence of lead softens the glass and makes it suitable for cutting and engraving. This is the reason for the popularity of crystal glass decanters. Glass decanters allow the user to view the product from outside, and engravings on the glass decanters provides it a visual appeal. Glass decanters are widely used to store and dispense wine. Glass decanters allow the wine to go through the aeration process. Meaning, glass decanters allow the wine to breathe. Aeration refines the taste of the wine when kept in glass decanters. The demand for glass decanter is expected to grow during the forecast period due to the high demand for decanted wine. Decanting young wines in glass decanters several hours before serving gives the wine a chance to bloom and attain a stage of development. Decanting wines in glass decanters diminishes the amount of carbon dioxide and matures the wine. The Glass decanters help the sediment to separate from the older wine. Glass decanters are also used to store premium whiskeys, to help prevent the evaporation. In some regions, glass decanters are handmade by traditional decanter manufacturers.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Global Glass Decanters Market: Dynamics
Drinking decanted wine is a tradition in many countries, as the wine connoisseur advice to let the wine breathe in the glass decanter to enhance its taste. Decanting wine in glass decanters helps remove sediment from it. Glass decanters for wine often do not have a stopper or a seal on it. Whereas for whiskey, there isn’t any need for oxidizing or removing sediment. Premium whiskeys are decanted in glass decanters for aesthetic purposes. While whiskey oxidizes slower than wine, it still needs a sturdy, airtight seal. It is observed that some wines take longer to decant than others and thus, a glass decanter with a broad base will increase the amount of oxygen and decant the wine faster. The lead crystal glass decanter is widely preferred over the regular glass as the lead increases the index of refraction and offers much more sparkly appearance. Rapid urbanization has led to an increase in the per-capita personal income and changed lifestyles of people in many countries. Glass decanters provide a stylish way for fine liquor to be served with class and sophistication. While the glass decanters lend a sense of class and elegance, they are also more stable than the whiskey bottles and flasks. Most glass decanters these days are mostly lead-free. But if the glass decanters contain lead, i.e. (crystal decanter) and the whiskey sits in it for long enough, there is a chance that the lead will leach into the whiskey, resulting in harmful effects after consuming it. The introduction of wine aerators is expected to harm the global glass decanters market. The wine aerator is held above the glass and wine is poured through it. The device aerates the wine as it flows through it. This device eliminates the use of glass decanters where instant decanted wine is required.
Global Glass Decanters Market: Regional Outlook
North America holds the largest share in the global glass decanters market. According to the Wine Market Council, U.S is the highest wine consuming country by volume, drinking 341.5 million nine-liter cases in the year 2016. China is expected to grow faster than the US in that time period in volume terms, while the UK market will stay roughly flat in volume.
- AI Powered Decanter offered by Jim Bean pours shots of bourbon whiskey on demand. The smart voice-activated decanter features a built-in compartment for whiskey storage.
Global Glass Decanters Market: Key Manufacturers
- O I Packaging
- Ravenscroft Crystal
- Prestige Decanters
- Saver Glass
- New Genius Glass
- N R S Glass Suppliers
- Quality Products of India (QPI)
The Glass Decanters market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The Glass Decanters market report provides in-depth analysis of Glass Decanters market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors along with Glass Decanters market attractiveness as per segments. The Glass Decanters report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The Regional analysis includes –
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ)
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Glass Decanters Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Glass Decanters Market: Segmentation
Global glass decanters market is segmented on the basis of material:
- Crystal Glass
- Regular Glass
Global glass decanters market is segmented on the basis of shape:
- Small sized base
- Medium sized base
- Large sized base
Global glass decanters market is segmented on the basis of Capacity into:
- Up to 250 ml
- 250 ml-500 ml
- 500 ml-750 ml
- 750 ml and above
Global glass decanters market is segmented on the basis of end use into:
- Red wine
- White Wine
- A detailed overview of Glass Decanters market
- Changing Glass Decanters market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth Glass Decanters market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected Glass Decanters market size regarding volume and value
- Recent Glass Decanters market trends and developments
- Competitive landscape for the global market
- Strategies for key players in the market and products offered
- Potential and niche segments in the market, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Glass Decanters Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Glass Decanters Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Glass Decanters Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Glass Decanters Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)