This Horticulture Film market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Horticulture Film market.
Horticulture Film Market: Overview
Horticulture films are plastic films that are used for plants to retain moisture in the soil. Horticulture films are high performance greenhouse and tunnel films which delivers excellent agronomic results. Horticulture films also create better seed germination and stimulates the development of roots. As loss of moisture from the soil remains major problem in the dry regions, so horticulture films are required to protect the soil from moisture loss. Also, horticulture films are designed to produce greenhouse effect, thereby helping plants to grow. These film is also helpful in achieving earlier harvest of crops such as maize etc. Low profit margins are the norm and not the exception in the horticulture film market. To compound to this, agriculture packaging manufacturers have to share a fixed percentage of their profits with the authorized dealers irrespective of any fluctuations in raw material cost.
The report determines & examines the historical development trajectory of the global horticulture films market and provides forecasts regarding the growth of market from 2019 to 2029. The report also explains the role likely to be played by each segment of the market in the market’s growth and elaborates on the operations of the key manufacturers of horticulture films.
Horticulture Film Market: Segmentation
In the last decade, penetration of agriculture packaging market through Internet/E-commerce retailing has gained momentum, as it is perceived to be very convenient and economical for buyers to make purchase. Horticulture films are also used to modify weed growth, soil temperature to boost the market growth. Moreover, in order to secure crop yield, horticulture films must be durable.
A shift towards convenience packaging is assessed to be a prominent driver in the agriculture packaging market. Modern farmers are discerning customers who need low cost, high performance, flexible plastic sheets that can fit in a limited amount of space. This has led to innovative and creative solutions in the horticulture film market.
However, recent economic decline in economies across developed and developing regions could make it difficult for growth of the horticulture films market. These plastic films comprises of polyethylene (PE) and Polypropylene (PP) material that are regarded to have adverse effects on the environment. Stringent FDA regulations comprising of restrictions on use of harmful chemical substances, and also various regulations for specific thickness, length and breadth on the plastic used for agriculture packaging have led to increase in demand for alternative environmentally friendly products.
Horticulture Film Market: Key Development
- BASF SE has introduced new horticulture films that improves the properties of mulching and has light stablizers which provide protection against solar irradiation and agro-chemicals. The company launched polymer ecovio®M’ which contains bio-based content which is completely biodegradable. The advantage of film manufactured from these polymer is that farmers do not have to collect horticulture films after harvest and can plow it in directly which saves money as well as time.
- In 2008, Trioplast Industries AB, a subsidiary of Altor Fund IV and a horticulture film manufac turing company had expanded its manufacturing capability by acquiring Ekoplast Emballage AB.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain of the global Horticulture films market. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors along with Horticulture films market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on Horticulture films market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Horticulture Film Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Horticulture Film Market: Segmentation
On the basis of product type, global horticulture films can be segmented as mulch films, greenhouse films and ventilated stretch films. On the basis of material, global horticulture films can be segmented as: polyethylene, polypropylene, PVC, PLA and Other types of plastics. On the basis of application, global horticulture films can be segmented by two types that are greenhouse film that includes greenhouse and macro tunneling and silage etc.
Horticulture Film Market: Key Players
- BASF SE
- The DOW Chemical Company
- Trioplast Industries AB
- RPC bpi Agriculture Company
- RKW Group
- Polystar Plastics Ltd.
- Mondi Group
- Sigma Stretch Film Corp
A detailed overview of the parent market of horticulture films market.
- Changing market dynamics in the horticulture films industry
- In-depth segmentation of horticulture films market
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in horticulture films market
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies for key players and products offered in the horticulture films market.
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Horticulture Film Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Horticulture Film Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Horticulture Film Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Horticulture Film Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)