This Hydrolyzed Starch market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Hydrolyzed Starch market.
Hydrolyzed Starch Market Outlook:
Hydrolyzed starch is an artificial sugar alcohol produced from starch. It is derived from cornstarch as well as other raw materials, such as rice, wheat or potato starch. Hydrolyzed starch is used as an ingredient in the manufacturing of many food products. It provides texture, bulk and can also be used as a humectant to retain moisture. Hydrolyzed starch is also known to possess a laxative effect. It is prepared artificially as it does not occur naturally in vegetables and fruits. It is widely used as a primary ingredient in low-calorie foods and sugar-free candies and is commercially sold as sugar alcohol. Other foods in which hydrolyzed starch is used include chewing gums, ice cream, baked goods and jams and spreads.
Hydrolyzed starch is mostly used as a sweetener. Artificial sweeteners, such as hydrolyzed starch, are gaining popularity due to the increasing consumer demand for low-calorie foods.
The overall demand for hydrolyzed starch is expected to grow in the years to come.
Increasing Consumer Demand for Low-Calorie Foods to Push Market Growth
Hydrolyzed starch has become an essential ingredient in food and beverages, mainly for its nutritional, sensorial and functional properties. In recent years, the production and applications of hydrolyzed starch have increased rapidly. The food industry is gradually replacing sugar with hydrolyzed starch-based sweeteners. High demand from the confectionary industry is anticipated to act as a key driver for the market. Approval from regulatory bodies, such as FDA and EFSA, for the use of hydrolyzed starch as a food ingredient has given the market a significant boost. Foodservice companies are inclining toward hydrolyzed starch-based sweeteners to fulfill the consumers' demand for low-calorie foods.
Global Hydrolyzed Starch Market - Key Players:
Some of the key players active in the global Hydrolyzed Starch market are Lyckeby, Cargill Inc., BASF, DowDuPont, Lanxess Aktiengesellschaft, Mitsui Chemicals, Shell International, Covestro, Stepan Company, Sweetener Products Company, SPI Polyols, Inc., Roquette America Inc., Tereos Starch & Sweeteners, Archer Daniels Midland, Tongaat Hulett Starch and Ingredion, among others.
Key Developments in the Hydrolyzed Starch Global Market:
The hydrolyzed starch market is expected to grow substantially in the years to come. The expanding food industry will push the overall growth of the market. Multiple product launches have been witnessed in the last decade. For instance, in November 2016, Ingredion, an Illinois based ingredient provider launched SWEETIS, with hydrolyzed starch as the primary sugar alcohol in it. SWEETIS offers a taste similar to sugar with fewer calories. Similarly, new sweetening products have been launched across the Asia Pacific in recent years.
Opportunities for Hydrolyzed Starch Participants:
The Pharmaceuticals segment is expected to record healthy CAGR in the market. Hydrolyzed starch is used as a bodying agent in numerous pharmaceuticals applications, such as tablets, syrups and more. Vendors could capitalize by producing hydrolyzed starch-based products for use in pharmaceuticals applications.
In the U.S, hydrolyzed starch is recognized as GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe) by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration). Thus, opportunities exist for vendors who are eager to enter the market.
In Europe, around half of the foodservice companies are providing processed foods with wheat-based hydrolyzed starch, such as maltodextrins, glucose syrup, etc. The demand for wheat-based hydrolyzed starch in Europe stays strong and the same trend is expected throughout the forecast period.
Brief Approach to Research:
A modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology will be followed to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the applications, types, forms, and end uses of the product segments included in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global scale to estimate the overall market sizes.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Hydrolyzed Starch Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Hydrolyzed Starch Market - Market Segmentation:
By Nature, the Hydrolyzed Starch market is segmented into:
By Functionality, the Hydrolyzed Starch market is segmented into:
- Moisture Retainer
By End-use, the Hydrolyzed Starch market is segmented into:
- Jams and Spreads
By Source, the Hydrolyzed Starch market is segmented into:
By Form, the Hydrolyzed Starch market is segmented into:
Key Data Points Covered in the Report:
- An overview of the global Hydrolyzed Starch market including background and advancement.
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the Hydrolyzed Starch market and its potential.
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends.
- Detailed value chain analysis of the Hydrolyzed Starch market.
- The cost structure of the Hydrolyzed Starch and segments covered in the study.
- In-depth pricing analysis, by crucial Hydrolyzed Starch segments, regions and by major market participants.
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario.
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants.
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Hydrolyzed Starch Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Hydrolyzed Starch Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Hydrolyzed Starch Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Hydrolyzed Starch Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)