This Industrial Catalytic Converters market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Industrial Catalytic Converters market.
Industrial catalytic converters are devices used to control the emission of toxic and harmful pollutants from exhaust gasses by converting them through a redox reaction. A redox reaction consists of either an oxidation reaction or a reduction reaction. As many countries have stringent norms pertaining to environmental safety, every industrial exhaust system should contain catalytic converters. Industrial catalytic converters find application in several industries, such as refinery, steel, and manufacturing, where the emission of toxic gasses is high. These devices are mainly used to convert harmful exhaust gasses, such as CO (carbon monoxide), HC (hydrocarbons), and NO (nitrogen oxides), among others into less toxic and harmful gasses, such as CO2 (carbon dioxide), N2 (nitrogen), and others.
An industrial catalytic converter is made of two columns, ceramic and metallic, and both the columns have a catalyst coating. The ceramic column provides protection from thermal and vibration shocks, and the metallic column is directly mounted on the main body. In this device, platinum, rhodium or palladium are used as catalysts and they are coated on the ceramic column, and attached to the outlet. Earlier, platinum was a widely used catalyst, but nowadays, due to the high cost of platinum, the use of rhodium and palladium is trending.
While there are many types of industrial catalytic converters, two of the prominent ones are two-way catalytic converter and three-way catalytic converter. Two-way industrial catalytic converters are mainly used in some engines, such as diesel, gasoline, and others in order to decrease the emission of CO (carbon monoxide), NO (nitrogen oxide) and HC (hydrocarbons). Three-way converters are used to control highly harmful and toxic gasses emission, such as NO2 (nitrogen dioxide), and nitric oxide, among others that cause smog and acid rain.
Industrial Catalytic Converters Market: Dynamics
Increasing industrialization across the world in industries, such as automobile, chemical, textile, and increasing manufacturing of electrical equipment, and steel products drives the demand for industrial catalytic converters. Additionally, stringent norms set by government authorities in various countries are influencing the demand for industrial catalytic converters.
On the other hand, with the evolution of technology, the automobile industry is shifting towards electric vehicles, which will act as a restraint for the global industrial catalytic converters market. The use of non-noble metals in the manufacturing of industrial catalytic converters is a key trend identified recently. Increase in vehicle production and sales, and increase in global industrialization can foster a strong potential opportunity for this market. At the same time, fluctuating prices of some of the metals used in the manufacturing of industrial catalytic converters can be a major challenge for the market.
Industrial Catalytic Converters Market: Regional Outlook
The Asia Pacific region holds a majority of the market share as compared to other regions, followed by Europe and then North America – both of which are expected to grow at the same rate. The demand for industrial catalytic converters in countries, such as China, India, and South Korea in Asia Pacific is expected to grow, owing to the continuous growth of chemical and textile industries in the region. Europe is seen as a potential market for the industry, due to the upcoming emission standards for the reduction of carbon monoxide from various industries. Also, Europe and North America show promising opportunities for the industrial catalytic converters market, as the regions are chemical manufacturing hubs. The demand for industrial catalytic converters is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of around 8% globally over the forecasted period, which can be attributed to the increase in demand from textile and manufacturing industries.
Industrial Catalytic Converters Market: Market Participants
Examples of some of the market participants in the industrial catalytic converters market identified across the value chain are Bosal, Katcon, Ningbo Kesen Exhaust Gas Cleaner Manufacturing Co. Ltd., Wuxi Weifu Lida Catalytic Converter Co. Ltd., Catalytic Products International, Dcl International Inc., Standard Teco. Limited, Teco Limited, and AP Exhaust Products.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Industrial Catalytic Converters Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Industrial Catalytic Converters Market: Segmentation
Market segmentation of the industrial catalytic converters market on the basis of its types:
Market segmentation of the industrial catalytic converters market on the basis of the applications:
- Portable Generators, Portable Heaters
- Furnace and Chimney
- Forklifts, Cranes and Lifting Equipment
- Air Compressors
- Drilling and Well-Digging Machines
- Pile Drivers and Bridge-Building Machinery
- Construction Equipment
Market segmentation of the industrial catalytic converters market on the basis of the end use industry:
- Oil and Gas
- Metal and Mining
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Industrial Catalytic Converters Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Industrial Catalytic Converters Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Industrial Catalytic Converters Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Industrial Catalytic Converters Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.