This Infectious Disease Diagnostics market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Infectious Disease Diagnostics market.
Infectious disease diagnostics is process of identifying the presence of foreign antigen/organism with the help of various diagnostic tools. Infectious disease conditions are highly prevalent in under developed regions due to lack of awareness for personal hygiene, minimal healthcare expenditures and absence of efficient physician services. The high incidence of infectious diseases across emerging economies formulate a major share in overall market. This has grab the attention of in vitro diagnostic device manufactures to invest into emerging economies. These companies are taking efforts to develop and commercialize cost effective tools for the infectious disease diagnosis. Presently, the gold standard tests available for bacterial infections and sexually transmitted disease diagnosis have major market share. However, these test are expected to replace by molecular techniques in future.
Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market: Drivers and Restraints
Increasing incidence of infectious disease, growing adoption of advanced molecular techniques, and increasing interventions from government and non-profile organization to reduce infectious disease in underdeveloped regions are endorsing the growth of infectious disease diagnosis market. In addition, the companies operating in the disease diagnostic technologies are focusing on the development of novel diagnostics, which eventually provides pace to the market growth. However, lack of awareness for novel diagnostic solution, absence of compiled regulatory guidelines and lower positivity rates due to inferior laboratory conditions would hinder the growth of infectious disease diagnostics market.
Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market: Overview
By test type, the laboratory tests hold prominent share owing to its lower cost and easy availability. The emerging economies are the prime contributors of laboratory test segment especially in Asia-Pacific region, owing to high positivity rates. Laboratory test are first line of diagnostics referred by physicians which includes, blood test, urine test, spinal tap, throat swabs, and stool test. By techniques, the molecular diagnostic techniques such as PCR, and other nucleic acid amplification test would gain prominence in developed region. Based on condition, the bacterial infections, GI infections and Sexually transmitted disease have the largest share in infectious disease testing market, owing to high prevalence especially in emerging economies.
Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market: Region-wise Outlook
Emerging economies such as India and China are the primary consumer for infection disease testing market, owing to growing urbanization which leads to unhygienic environment in the cities. Countries belongs to Asia-Pacific and Africa regions have largest share in infectious disease diagnosis market due to high prevalence and incidence of infectious diseases especially sexually transmitted disease and bacterial infections. North America and European countries will ahead towards the adoption on high end infectious disease diagnostic with the help of molecular technologies. This increasing adoption of premium diagnostic techniques would sustain the market share of infectious disease diagnostics in developed region.
Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market: Key Players
Key companies operational in infectious diseases testing market are Becton Dickinson & Company, Cepheid Inc., Abbott Laboratories, BioMerieux, Hologic Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Danaher Corporation, Affymetrix, Alere Inc., and DiaSorin. These companies are majorly focusing on getting approval for the commercialiation of their novel product launch. Recently, in 2015, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. has got approval from US FDA for its BioPlex 2200 HIV Ag-Ab assay, which is used for HIV antigens and HIV antibodies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market: Segmentation
The global infectious disease diagnostics market is segmented based on, test type, techniques, application, and end users.
Based on test type, the global infectious disease diagnostics market is segmented into the following:
- Laboratory tests
- Blood test
- Urine test
- Spinal tap
- Throat swabs
- Stool test
- Imaging test
- Computed tomography (CT)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Based on techniques, the global infectious disease diagnostics market is segmented into the following:
- Conventional techniques
- Pathogen culturing
- Biochemical techniques
- Enzyme immunoassay
- Molecular techniques
- Nucleic acid sequence based amplification
Based on condition, the global infectious disease diagnostics market is segmented into the following:
- Bacterial Infection
- Viral Infection
- CNS infections
- Cardiovascular infection
- Fungal infection
- GI infections
- Sexually transmitted disease
Based on end use, the global infectious disease diagnostics market is segmented into the following:
- Diagnostic laboratories
- Academic and medical institutes
- Contract Research Organization
- Hospitals and Surgical centers
- Ambulatory clinics
- Home healthcare
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)