This Intercity Bus Travel Industry Overview market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Intercity Bus Travel Industry Overview market.
Intercity bus, which is also called as long distance bus is a system of public transport in around 14 countries of the globe including the U.S, UK, China, Greece, Norway, Ireland and Germany. It carries passengers to different cities or towns. The difference between transit and intercity bus services is that the latter has only a single pit stop at one particular location in or near a city, unlike the transit buses that have frequent stops throughout a city. Intercity bus travel services are either operated by the government run or private agencies on the basis of profit or no profit-no loss. The intercity buses are useful particularly in remote areas where there is lack of or inadequate public transport systems.
Intercity Bus Travel: Benefits
Intercity bus services offer the benefits of being eco-friendly and economical as well. The intercity bus services enable travellers to go from one town to another at a very cheap rate, unlike cars and automobiles that can burn a hole in the travellers’ pockets. Moreover, intercity buses are safe and environment-friendly and produce the lowest carbon-dioxide as compared to other means of transportation. Intercity buses perform well in rural areas in maintaining and improving rural public transit systems. Intercity buses are the fastest growing mode of intercity transportation, overtaking air and rail transportation systems. They do not stop frequently at each stop like other transit buses, which saves time of the travellers. Intercity buses are comfortable, especially the sleeper coaches. Intercity coaches may also be used to add on to or replace another transportation service, for instance, when a train or airline is not in service.
Intercity Bus Travel: Drivers and Restraints
The rising proliferation of portable and advanced electronics technology such as smart phones, laptops, and internet on the go is giving the intercity bus services sector a clear competitive advantage over air services and driving. After years of relative passivity in advertising and promotion, the intercity bus travel market is becoming more creative and aggressive, which is creating robust development in this sector. The pattern of growth is shaped by government regulations which often require operators to behave in ways contrary to what the market has been dictating. While operators may have been inclined to discontinue services of intercity buses to small towns where there is probably low demand, state regulators often prevent such service cessations from taking place. Stringent laws like this are expected to boost the intercity bus travel market globally. However, the emergence of new and faster, more convenient modes of transport will hamper the growth of the intercity bus travel market in the near future.
Intercity Bus Travel: Outlook
The intercity bus travel sector is anticipated to expand significantly in the coming years. It is projected that intercity bus travel services will emerge as the transportation of choice in the next several years in those places where little or no curb side transportation services are available, such as in California, Texas, and Florida.
Intercity Bus Travel: Companies operating intercity bus travel services
Central Greyhound Lines, Green Tortoise, Academy Bus, LimoLiner, Onebus, and Flixbus are some of the intercity bus travel operators based in the U.S and in Germany.
This comprehensive report equips readers with lucid information and analysis on the sector. Future Market Insights’ experienced travel and tourism analysts bring to you accurate and unbiased information to help you make crucial decisions with confidence.
The report offers a 360° view – bringing to the fore key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges prevailing in the sector. To offer readers actionable insights, detailed information on historical trends, current scenario, and future projections is provided in the report.
The report specifically focusses on the leading companies operating in this sector, highlighting their key developmental strategies. A holistic analysis of the leading players is highlighted to help decision makers understand the overall competitive landscape.
What Can Readers Expect from this Report?
- An overview of the sector, including the key factors that have shaped patterns and demand
- Not just data, but insights that you can incorporate in your strategic decision making
- Nuanced underlying factors that influence consumer behaviour
- Data points to understand the past, analyse the present, and project the future
- Trends that will impact the sector in the short- and long-term
- Deeper understanding of the target audience, their motivations, aspirations, and expectations from service providers
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Intercity Bus Travel Industry Overview Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Intercity Bus Travel Industry Overview
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Intercity Bus Travel Industry Overview report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Intercity Bus Travel Industry Overview. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Intercity Bus Travel Industry Overview report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Intercity Bus Travel Industry Overview, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.