Methane sulfonic acid is the simplest alkyl sulfonic acid that is considered to be an intermediate between sulfonic acid and methylsulfonylmethane. When in liquid state, it is a colourless fluid whereas it tends to be hygroscopic in its liquid form.
It is easily soluble in water and solvents that are oxygenated. Methane sulfonic acid is a non-volatile and strong acid which is soluble in organic solvents and is thus used as an acid catalyst.
The Methane sulfonic acid market is segmented, on the basis of application, into electroplating, medicine, cleaning agent and organic synthesis. The compound is also used in the large scale commercial production of Borane, which is formed by reacting sodium borohydride with methanesulfonic acid in an aprotic solution.
Methane Sulfonic Acid Market: Dynamics
Globally, the consumption and production of Methane sulfonic acid is expected to witness steady growth due to its variety of applications across multiple industries.
Based on application, the electroplating industry accounts for one the larger shares of the Methane sulfonic acid market due to the fact that it is an environment friendly substitute to commercial electrolytes in batteries.
This factor makes methane sulfonic acid increasingly popular due to the recent increased focus on reducing carbon footprints. Methane sulfonic acid is used as an electrolyte in lead acid batteries and zinc cerium flow batteries.
Methane sulfonic acid is a strong organic acid which is highly suitable in manufacturing pharmaceutical ingredients such as Telmisartan, Eprosartan and Angiotensin II receptor antagonists.
Methane sulfonic acid is also used as rust remover and to clean tiles, ceramics and porcelain. These days it is also finding an application in metal working and fabrication.
Stringent government regulations in many countries as well as the need for various licenses and certifications that the manufacturers are required to comply with pose as a hurdle for production.
This has also resulted in an increase in the price of Methane sulfonic acid in certain countries which may hamper the overall demand for the acid.
Although Methane sulfonic acid is considered a more environment friendly option, there still remains a strong preference for usage of conventional acids for several applications, causing a challenge to the potential of methane sulfonic acid market growth.
Methane Sulfonic Acid Market: Regional Outlook
The Asia Pacific region is expected to be a significant market for methane sulfonic acid demand. In Asia Pacific region, growth in countries such as China, India is anticipated to create substantial opportunities for Methane Sulfonic Acid market growth in the coming years due to increasing demand from pharmaceutical/medical, technical and fabrication sector application.
Meanwhile the U.S. and Europe continue to hold a significant share of the market with Europe in 2016 accounting for almost 63% of the global production. Increase in the production of environment friendly electrolytes for batteries is anticipated to create significant growth opportunities in North America and Europe.
Latin America and Middle East & Africa are anticipated to witness moderate growth in the global Methane Sulfonic Acid market during the years ahead. The Asia Pacific market for methane sulfonic acid is forecasted to grow the fastest rate during the upcoming decade.
Methane Sulfonic Acid Market: Key Participants
Some of the key market participants in the global Methane Sulfonic Acid market, identified across the value chain include:
- BASF SE
- Arkema Group
- Oxon Italia S.p.A.
- Shinya Chem
- Langfang Jinshenghui Chemical Co., Ltd
- Xingchi Science and Technology
- Xudong Chemical
- Zhongke Fine Chemical Co., Ltd
- Hebei Yanuo Bioscience Co., Ltd.
The research report on the Methane sulfonic acid market presents a comprehensive assessment, and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data.
The Methane sulfonic acid market report also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, aircraft type, and sales channel.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Methane Sulfonic Acid Market Segments
- Methane Sulfonic Acid Market Dynamics
- Methane Sulfonic Acid Market Size
- New Sales of Methane Sulfonic Acid
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges in the Methane Sulfonic Acid Market
- Competition & Companies Involved in Methane Sulfonic Acid
- New Technology for Methane Sulfonic Acid
- Value Chain of the Methane Sulfonic Acid Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The global Methane sulfonic acid market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts across the value chain.
The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the Methane Sulfonic Acid market
- In-depth Methane Sulfonic Acid market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected Methane Sulfonic Acid market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the global Methane Sulfonic Acid market
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered in the global Methane Sulfonic Acid market
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on Methane Sulfonic Acid market performance
- Must-have information for market players in Methane Sulfonic Acid market to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Methane Sulfonic Acid Market: Segmentation
The global Methane sulfonic acid market can be segmented on the basis of type and application.
- Pharmaceutical grade
- Industrial grade
- Cleaning agent
- Organic synthesis
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.