This Mushroom Materials market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Mushroom Materials market.
Mushroom materials market is anticipated to grow at a noticeable CAGR during the forecast period (2020-2030). As the sustainability trend is sweeping across various industries, mushroom materials are rapidly replacing plastics in packaging solutions as they are free from volatile organic compounds (VOC) and are derived from biodegradable materials. The transportation sector is among the key contributors to greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, especially in developed regions. Industrials are striving to achieve better fuel efficiency by mass reduction. Mushroom materials are relatively light-weight compared to conventional materials, thus, enabling easy transportation. Further, they are widely used in manufacturing thermal insulator, car parts, and sandwich panels.
Mycelium Bricks – Critical Component in Diverse Applications
Mushroom-based building materials are stronger than concrete as well as are 100% biodegradable. Mycelium bricks, for instance, are gaining notable traction in the construction sector in the production of composite board (myco-board). Unlike medium-density fiberboard (MDF), myco-board eliminates the usage of formaldehyde. Mycelium bricks absorb carbon dioxide and are bulletproof, making them an eco-friendly material for future construction projects. As they are fully biodegradable, they help minimize construction wastes.
Mushroom Materials Market – Growth Restraints
Mushroom materials become flimsy after long exposure to moisture, as such are not considered suitable for packaging during monsoon. Their delicate nature and non-resistance to high pressure restrict their usage as proper construction bricks. Further, mushroom materials are not available in abundant amount, unavailability of raw material can impact the process of production. High cost of mushroom packaging hampers its sales in regional market.
Impact of COVID-19 on Mushroom Materials Market
The COVID-19 pandemic has hit the mushroom material market hard. Nationwide lockdowns is leading to reduced on-farm workers, thus, hampering the overall mushroom production. According to ‘mushroom business,’ only 50-60% of crops have been harvested in February in China. Due to less availability of raw materials, manufacturers are forced to curtail the production or shut down their manufacturing units, causing huge disruption in the supply chain. Travel restrictions are further also leads to downfall of market.
Moving ahead, players are keeping their focus away from product innovations or new launches during the crisis. They are continuing to manufacture and distribute the products that are already much in demand. Governments across the globe are reforming their taxation policies and financial aids to help farmers and businessmen bring back sales to pre-crisis levels.
Regional Analysis of Mushroom Materials Market
Asia Pacific (APAC) continues to hold leading share in the global mushroom material market. China is the largest producer and consumer of mushrooms in the world. The country produces 46% of world’s total mushroom cultivation. Technological advancements, and presence of skilled labor are further promoting the growth of mushroom material market in APAC.
Going forward, focused government initiatives on agricultural development and innovation, and presence of key players is anticipated to uptake North American mushroom material market. The mushroom industry in the region is investing in artificial intelligence (AI) to reduce overcome labor costs.
Mushroom Materials Market - Competitive Landscape
Mushroom material market is consolidated with two major players, Ecovative Design and MycoWorks. These players are continuously focusing on widening the application of mushroom materials and, product development. For instance,
Ecovative, a New York-based biotech company, is developing compostable packaging from mycelium and hemp - myco-composite. These myco-composites are used to produce commercial, custom-molded mushroom packaging. Unlike plastic, myco-composites are completely biodegradable, hydrophobic, heat resistant, and grow within a few days days.
Growing demand for substitutes of plastic, biodegradable packaging method are gaining much traction in future markets. For instance,
NEFFA, a clothing and fashion company, has developed biodegradable textile from mycelium. Watson and Wolfe, developed substitute of animal leather by producing mushroom leather, it is extremely light weight and flexible in nature.
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Mushroom Materials Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Mushroom Materials Market - Segmentation
The global mushroom materials market can be segmented on the basis of following
- Insulating panels
- Building materials
- Protective packaging
- Wood fiber
- Cotton seed
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Mushroom Materials Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Mushroom Materials Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Mushroom Materials Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Mushroom Materials Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.