This Mushroom Protein market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Mushroom Protein market.
Protein is one of the most vital nutrients required in the human body for a wide variety of functions, such as for building muscles and supporting the formation of hormones and anti-bodies to strengthen the immunity system. Protein is found in different types of food products and meat, milk, soy, fish and eggs are some of the sources of complete protein. Different types of whole grains and cereals are also vital sources of protein. Recently, there has been an increase in awareness regarding vegan sources of protein, which has led to awareness regarding new sources of protein such as Pea protein, rice protein, potato protein, and mushroom protein. Mushroom protein is a popular vegan protein source as most mushroom types have high protein content – around 20 – 25% of their dry weight. It is also a good alternative to other sources of protein, such as meat, as meats are higher in protein content but also have higher calories per serving as compared to mushroom protein sources and other vegan and plant-based proteins.
Reasons for Covering this Title
Mushroom protein can be derived from different types of mushroom, such as Reishi, button, shiitake, oyster, brown Italian, white, portabella, chanterelle, morel, Enoki, and others. Mushroom isn’t one of the best sources of protein in general, but can be considered as one of the most impressive sources of protein for vegans and vegetarians. Every 100 grams of mushroom has only 3 – 4 grams of protein, but is also quite lower in calorie. Mushroom protein, not being a “Complete Protein” (Complete protein is a protein that contains most of the required amino acids), is mostly used in combination with other protein sources. These nutritional benefits of mushroom make it a preferred source of protein for weight watchers and subsequently, act as the major driver for the market. Mushroom protein is used as one of the multiple combined sources used by vegans for their protein intake. It should be noted though that not all the types of mushrooms have the same level of protein, minerals and vitamins.
Global Mushroom Protein Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global mushroom protein market are Organika Health Products Inc. Om, Organic Mushroom Nutrition., Moon Juice, SSD Mushrooms, MycoTechnology Inc. and others. Launching new product variants, acquiring smaller players in the market, and generating awareness about the benefits of mushroom protein products through various promotional activities and programs are some of the key drivers expected to support the market growth in the near future.
- In 2016, MycoTechnology Inc., a Colorado-based company, launched a new protein product named Pure Taste, which is sourced from mushrooms. It is basically a mushroom protein derived from shiitake mushroom. The company claims that this product will be the most demanded protein source in the ‘alternatives proteins’ market. It is a neutral tasting spray-dried powder that contains 79% or more protein by dry weight
Opportunities for Market Participants
The mushroom protein market is expected to show exponential growth in the North American region in next few years. There is a lot of scope for the growth of the mushroom protein market in European nations due to the increasing vegan population. Catering to the growing demand for products containing no extracts from animal sources is one of the key supply-side drivers supporting the market growth. The right kind of mushroom plantation and required know-how and technology to extract protein from mushroom around the different regions in the world may provide opportunities for investment in mushroom protein production.
Brief Approach to Research
A modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology will be followed to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the applications, types, forms and end uses of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the market
- Cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Mushroom Protein Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Mushroom Protein: Market Segmentation
On the basis of nature, the global mushroom protein market can be segmented as:
On the basis of major mushroom type, the global mushroom protein market can be segmented as:
- Brown Italian
- Others (Mushroom Protein Type)
On the basis of major end use, the global mushroom protein market can be segmented as:
- Dietary Supplements
On the basis of distribution channel, the global mushroom protein market can be segmented as:
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Food & Drinks Health Stores
- Online Retail
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Mushroom Protein Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Mushroom Protein Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Mushroom Protein Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Mushroom Protein Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)