This Over The Air Software Update market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Over The Air Software Update market.
Internet of things (IoT) is the internetworking of electronic devices, vehicles, buildings and other items through connected devices or smart devices. With the boom in IoT, the number and types of smart devices are growing and same is the case with software in these devices. Successively, there is increasing need for a way to distantly able to manage these devices.
Over-the-air (OTA) is a standard for the communication and downloading of application related instruction in a wireless communication system. The wireless delivery of new software or data to the devices be it mobile, tablets or others without requiring a physical access to the device can be termed as over-the-air software update. While smartphones and laptops are quite common for remote over-the-air software updates other industries such as automotive and healthcare will eventually play a prime role providing opportunity for over-the-air software update market. To support over-the-air software update, automobile manufacturers ought to have a backend software management solution. The control that can restrict the over-the-air software update to Wi-Fi or require the vehicle to be parked before updating or so on.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Over-the-air software updates have significant economic advantages owing to the large cost saving compared to the existing manual approaches. Automakers can drastically reduce the cost of updating vehicle software in order to improve functionality or to fix issues. They can address consumer demands for the latest cloud-based services, voice recognition, navigation, maps and other services, which is now updated through service appointments. The above mentioned factors are attracting the automakers to enhance their customer experience by adopting over-the-air software update technology driving the global over-the-air software update market.
Global Over-the-Air Software Update Market: Restraints
Cyber-security is the prime reason that act as a challenge for the key player that provide over-the-air software update decelerating the growth of over-the-air software update market. Few other challenges include code size of the microcontroller based application, robustness, bandwidth needs to be appropriate for the boot-loader to function appropriately and version management which act as a barrier for the key players to adopt new innovation impacting negatively the global over-the-air software update market.
Global Over-the-Air Software Update Market: Segmentation
Global over-the-air software update market can be segmented on the basis of over-the-air software type, end-user vertical and region. On the basis of over-the-air software type, the global over-the-air software update market can be segmented into maps software over-the-air (SOTA), apps software over-the-air, infotainment software over-the-air and others. Maps software over-the-air updates the navigation maps via the telematics systems. Apps software over-the-air updates are embedded applications or featured software while, infotainment software over-the-air updatesarea combination of information and entertainment.
On the basis of end-use vertical, the global over-the-air software update market can be segmented into automobile industry, gaming industry, media and entertainment industry and others.
Regionally, the global over-the-air software update market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan, Japan and Middle East and Africa.
Global Over-the-Air Software Update Market: Regional Outlook
North America and Western Europe are regionally having the prime client base who have already accepted this new innovation owing to the greater share regionally in global over-the-air software update market. APEJ and Japan are the regions which have potential for global over-the-air software update market due to the growing income of the population and many end-user verticals setting up their production facilities in these regions.
Global Over-the-Air Software Update Market: Competition Landscape
Key players of the global over-the-air software update market include Libelium Comunicaciones Distribuidas S.L., Harman International, WindRiver, Movimento, Aricent Inc., Autonet Mobile, Inc., Hitachi Automotive Systems Ltd. and Advanced Telematic Systems GmbH, Zeeis Technologies and Gemalto NV
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Over The Air Software Update Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Global Over-the-Air Software Update Market Segments
- Global Over-the-Air Software Update Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2015
- Global Over-the-Air Software Update Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2026
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Global Over-the-Air Software Update Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Global Over-the-Air Software Update Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Global Over-the-Air Software Update Market includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Argentina & Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Over The Air Software Update Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Over The Air Software Update Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Over The Air Software Update Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Over The Air Software Update Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.