This Sea Food Packaging market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Sea Food Packaging market.
Recent trends in global food & beverage industry shows that consumers are changing their preference towards health and wellness foods. Dairy products, meat, sea foods, poultry, fresh fruits & vegetables and others are the major health and wellness foods which are consumed worldwide. Dietary supplements also consumed for this purpose, but due to the lack of product knowledge and fear of adverse or harmful effects they are less preferred by consumers. Sea food is the most preferred health and wellness food worldwide, due to its rich nutrients, availability, rich experience, range of variety and affordability compared to other meat and meat products. Seafood microbial deterioration rate doubles with every 5.3oC increase in temperature. Deterioration during causes both quality and weight loss. Therefore quality and type of packaging has great importance in seafood industry. Preserving freshness and shelf life after catch and before selling to consumer is a very big challenge facing by sea food industry. Sea foods lose their freshness and shelf life very rapidly compared to other foods. So there is a need for efficient and reliable packaging for sea foods to preserve their shelf life. The other challenge is they produce odors, so packaging has to take of this fact that odor should not come out of packaging while stored in retail stores and super markets. Sea food packaging uses rigid trays with lidding films, pouches, cartons, aluminum containers, molded plastic containers, expanded polystyrene containers and others. Modified atmospheric packaging (MAP) is commonly used packaging method, which helps to preserve shelf life.
Sea Food Packaging: Market Dynamics
Growing disposable incomes in emerging markets is driving the demand of seafood packaging market in Africa and Asia. China, India, Japan, Indonesia, Myanmar are highest exporters of seafood and they had percentage growth of more than 5% (FAO report) between 2013 and 2014 except India. Growth of high-end and premium seafood, rising consumer awareness about healthy nutrition are also driving the seafood packaging market. Growing exports of cheaper farmed fish from emerging markets like China, India, Indonesia, Taiwan is contributing a lot to the growth of global seafood production and packaging. Global population is growing rapidly (7 billion mouths to feed), rapid aging of the global population are driving the worldwide demand for seafood packaging market. In Europe the scenario has changed from stagnant to moderate growth, but still the area is under some volatile situation due to Brexit (UK withdraws from the European Union) and Grexit (Greek government-debt crisis). The European seafood packaging market is slowly recovering from its stagnant growth witnessed over past few years. Rise of ‘quantified self’ and data driven diets, rising popularity of supplements and nutraceuticals, growth of fast casual foodservice, growing interest in 'mood food' are indirectly driving the demand for seafood packaging market.
Today the seafood supply chain is completely changed and became so complex that, sea catch or farm produced seafood has to cover long distances before reaching to consumer point. The hurdle is it should be preserved fresh and damage free till reaching to consumer. Technologies have evolved to make both industrial and consumer seafood packaging more efficient and reliable. Seafood is an extremely perishable food and should be handled with great care at all times to prevent the growth of microorganisms. Potential shelf life and quality of seafood deteriorates so rapidly if it is not handled and stored properly. Seafood will be frozen immediately after landing to prevent deterioration. Seafood industry shows seasonal dynamics. Atmospheric conditions has large effect on seafood industrial production. Therefore the volatile seafood prices. These facts affect the demand of seafood packaging market. Increasing scope of regulations, growing demand for traceability, convenience and transparency are also a restraint for the growth of seafood packaging market. Depleting seafood stocks, rising levels of sea pollution impact consumption of seafood and thereby seafood packaging market. Scams like “Horse meat scandal” 2013, slavery and trafficking in Thai fishing industry, Misnaming Scandal (“Market Substitution”) in SA Seafood Industry are hampering the growth of seafood and seafood packaging market.
Sea Food Packaging: Market Segmentation
The seafood packaging market is segmented on the basis of application, product type and material. Based on application, sea food packaging are segmented into frozen seafood, fresh seafood, dried seafood and others. Based on product, seafood packaging market is segmented into containers, boxes, pouches, bags, cans, bottles, trays & others. Based on material, seafood packaging market is segmented into plastic, glass, paper, metal & others.
Sea Food Packaging Market: Regional outlook
Sea Food Packaging market has been segmented on the basis of region into North America, Latin America Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and Japan.
Sea Food Packaging Market: Key players
Some of the players in the global sea food packaging market are Robert Mann Packaging Inc., Seafood Packaging Inc, Covertech Flexible Packaging Inc., International Packaging, Plastic Ingenuity Inc., Golden Eagle Extrusions, Inc., RM Converters Private Limited.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, type of product and applications.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Sea Food Packaging Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Sea Food Packaging Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Sea Food Packaging Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Sea Food Packaging Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Sea Food Packaging Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)