This Security Testing market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Security Testing market.
Security testing involves assessment of a system to detect presence of vulnerability and security weaknesses. Specialized testing tools are used to assess any network/ infrastructure, web application, mobile application etc. Network or infrastructure security testing involves assessment of servers, network devices, network services such as Domain Name Service (DNS) etc. The web application security testing involves assessment of applications that can be accessed by users from web browsers. Mobile application security testing involves assessment of applications that can be accessed by users from mobile devices such as tablets and smart phones. Apart from these, security testing is applicable for less known commercial or custom software applications. The security testing is classified into seven basic types which includes vulnerability scanning, penetration testing, security auditing, security scanning, posture assessment, ethical hacking and risk assessment. Vulnerability scanning is used to scan systems for known vulnerability. Penetration testing involves system analysis to check vulnerability of hacking attempt.
Security Testing Market: Drivers and Restraints
The rising demand for protection of software bound valuable properties such as mobile and web applications is the major driver for the growth of global security testing market. The emerging trends of Internet of Things (IoT) and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) has led to rise in application development, which is anticipated to drive the consumption of security testing tools and services. The government regulations and norms in software development is expected to boost the growth of security testing market. The increasing adoption of application security testing by organisations to detect Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) and vulnerabilities is expected to drive the growth of security testing market.
Security Testing Market: Region Wise Outlook
The global security testing market can be divided into seven regions, namely North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ), Japan and Middle East and Africa (MEA). North America holds significant share in security testing market, owing to the technological advancements in IT industry. Western Europe also accounts for significant share in global security testing market. This attributed to rise in adoption of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) in different organisations in the region. APEJ is anticipated to register high CAGR during the forecast period. The rising investment in the enhancing the security features across various industry verticals is expected to drive the growth of security testing market in the region. Japan holds major share in the development and production of mobile devices, which is a significant factor for the growth of security testing market in the country.
Security Testing Market: Key Players
Some of the key players in the global security testing market are as follows:
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Applause App Quality, Inc.
- IBM Corporation
- WhiteHat Security
- Checkmarx LTD
- Qualys, Inc.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP
- Intertek Group plc.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Rest of Latin America)
- Western Europe (EU5 countries, Nordic, BENELUX, Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia, Rest of Eastern Europe)
- APEJ (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- MEA (GCC Countries, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Security Testing Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Security Testing Market: Segmentation
On the basis of product type,the global security testing market can be segmented as follows:-
- Vulnerability Scanning
- Penetration Testing
- Security Auditing
- Security Scanning
- Posture Assessment
- Ethical Hacking
- Risk Assessment
On the basis of deployment type,the global security testing market can be segmented as follows:-
- Cloud based
On the basis of end-use industry,the global security testing market can be segmented as follows:-
- IT & Telecom
- Media and Entertainment
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Security Testing Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Security Testing Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Security Testing Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Security Testing Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.